Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Loaded up tonight and all my prison **** was back :D

Decdided to become Thane of everywhere and then when i am..........MUHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Has anyone besides me gone the tank route? I'm Level 24 i think and only recently got Dwarven armor and one-handed - Shield Bash FTW!

Man, this game is all i'm thinking about lately. It's like i've only started going out with a crazy hot chick and am missing every moment i'm away!!! I just can't believe the content in this. Other game companies: take note, this is how you create a game!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Has anyone besides me gone the tank route? I'm Level 24 i think and only recently got Dwarven armor and one-handed - Shield Bash FTW!

Man, this game is all i'm thinking about lately. It's like i've only started going out with a crazy hot chick and am missing every moment i'm away!!! I just can't believe the content in this. Other game companies: take note, this is how you create a game!!!

Yeah but if they all cost me 120 hours of my life I wouldn't play many games :D

I finally finished it tonight........ well I got all the achievements but still have 50+ active quests on the board and it's not like I rushed through the main story either as it was the last thing I did. 120hrs, 260+ locations and over 300 quests done.

Regards "the end"
    really wasn;t much of a boss /end really and came very quickly compared to the work I put into the rest of the factions, and not nearly as fun, rewarding or interesting.

I was expecting a fallout type montage summarising your actions and consequences for having picked sides earlier etc.

Edit: Cicero is a legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best character in the game, came across him randomly long before I did any of the
    dark brother hood stuff
    as the wheels came off his wagon and he needed help.

Folks should revisit that place if they helped him or not later in the story after starting
    the brotherhood
    quests

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'm the same :)
    And with regards to thinking about it, I have the unusual problem that whichever game I'm always playing...I have completely vivid dreams about...so in this case it's excellent :):D ...dreaming I'm killing dragons and stuff every night :D:)
    It was a nightmare with Rockband though, all I could see was scrolling lights and notes to hit....it actually became a problem to sleep
    Good times now though :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

DarkJager wrote: »
    Huge difference and patch is out tonight which will fix an issue with textures not loading correctly when playing from HDD.

Will we have to re-install it on the 360 after getting the patch do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Will we have to re-install it on the 360 after getting the patch do you think?
    I'm wondering the same, but then also wondering would that uninstall the patch too. I'm hoping that if a reinstall is needed/recommended that it will say so after patching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I don't think it needs a reinstall lads . The issue was with textures which normally load from the disc not correctly loading when installed. The patch just needs to point the game to those files on the HDD install.

Best bow in the game????

A bow that does 652 damage, and obviously triple that from a sneak attack.

I won't be making this, I have used too many perk points already, but some good points in this vid anyways for us enchanters and smithers.

I know they say 1200 in the article, but the bow in the clip says 652.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

It's cool and all, but you may aswell be playing the game on easy then.
    It's not like anything requires you to have such powerful weapons other than to show off

Fully agree with ya....that bow would make the game way too easy.

But I might use some of his idea's to squeeze a few more points of damage out of my current set. My bow at the moment does 85 damage, and a further 21 flame.

• Advertisement

Just turned it on there and there is a 3mb download from live. Is that it??

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Guys, Why is it that the shopkeepers buy goods of you at a lot lesser value than the actual price. When i view this magical staff in my inventory it says that its value is 1000+ but when i try to sell it to a shopkeeper the prices are around 600 or lesser (this is not because they dont have cash coz most of the shopkeepers that i tried have more than 1000 coins). I've tried a few different shopkeepers, none of them matched the actual value of the staff and its not just the staff, pretty much everything that i sell is at a value lower than its actual price. Does my speech skill have any effect on the price by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

jmx009 wrote: »
    Guys, Why is it that the shopkeepers buy goods of you at a lot lesser value than the actual price. When i view this magical staff in my inventory it says that its value is 1000+ but when i try to sell it to a shopkeeper the prices are around 600 or lesser (this is not because they dont have cash coz most of the shopkeepers that i tried have more than 1000 coins). I've tried a few different shopkeepers, none of them matched the actual value of the staff and its not just the staff, pretty much everything that i sell is at a value lower than its actual price. Does my speech skill have any effect on the price by any chance?

It's due to your speechcraft level, the higher your level the better the price they'll pay

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

jmx009 wrote: »
    Yeah, the higher the speech skill, the better price you get. Plus, I think your standing in the area and with the person helps. For example, if you do a quest for a shop keeper, you'll get a bonus for goods you sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

DarkJager wrote: »
    Just turned it on there and there is a 3mb download from live. Is that it??

No flies on you :)
    humanji wrote: »
    Yeah, the higher the speech skill, the better price you get. Plus, I think your standing in the area and with the person helps

For a second I read that and thought "oh I need to stand closer to him? Ahhh..."

Definite improvement in graphics after the patch (HDD install 360) Even small things like the wood textures look sharper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Anyone know how to remove the custom map marker thingy?

I set one to mark a location but don't seem able to remove it, and it's annoying having this blue marker constantly on my compass

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

osh wrote: »
    I set one to mark a location but don't seem able to remove it, and it's annoying having this blue marker constantly on my compass

Click somewhere else on your map. You will be give the option to set a marker or remove it.
    Remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Anyone know how to remove the custom map marker thingy?

if you're on the PS3 you might have to click a few times on it and then around the custom marker to be given the option to move it or remove it.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Click somewhere else on your map. You will be give the option to set a marker or remove it.
    Remove it.
    if you're on the PS3 you might have to click a few times on it and then around the custom marker to be given the option to move it or remove it.

Cheers, was fairly sure I've tried that but I must be wrong!

• Advertisement

Cheers, was fairly sure I've tried that but I must be wrong!

No sometimes it just wont go away on PC. I gave up, they look different if thats any help.

Anyone how much damage an enemy can take? Ie whats a dragon 400 ?

Yeah I'm on pc so maybe there's a bug, I'll check later.

It's not too big a deal as it is a different colour to the normal quest markers, but ideally I'd get rid of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Having a bad run of luck with companions recently -

Lydia
    Possibly eaten by a dragon - Fighting a dragon near glenmorril cave. About an hour later I realise she's not there, go looking for her and shes nowhere to be found. Can't even find her body (to get my dragon bone armour off it).

Farkas
    Died in a fight in some random dungeon somewhere, no idea how. Just found his body after a fight.

J'Zargho
    Ran between me and my opponent with very low health while I fought
    Arcano at the mages college
    caught my sword to the side of the head and died. You were supposed to be a mage you twat, you didnt even have a melee weapon :(

Think i'll give up on them to be honest. Its too frustrating sorting through all the stuff they were carrying for you when you're halfway through a dungeon and deciding what to take or leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

Can anybody enlighten me as to what happened with the excecution when you first enter Solitude.??

There is still folk rattling on about it to me and I haven't the slightest idea what they are on about - so I obviously wasn't paying attention when I first got there.

Thanks..

Can anybody enlighten me as to what happened with the excecution when you first enter Solitude.??

There is still folk rattling on about it to me and I haven't the slightest idea what they are on about - so I obviously wasn't paying attention when I first got there.

Thanks..

you should have been approached by some guy at the time who should have started a new mission path.

Thanks..

They are on about a different one, Roggvirs?

Btw if im correct i need to stop playing this game :p

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

you should have been approached by some guy at the time who should have started a new mission path.

Arse.
    What mission did I miss out on?

Arse.
    What mission did I miss out on?

AFAIK its the start of the forsworn line of missions. i haven't gotten around to it yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's not in Riften. Thats Markath iirc.

Hang on, the execution in Solitude? You don't get a quest for that one i think. You can stop it if you want though.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    That's not in Riften. Thats Markath iirc.

Holy crap it is and all, thanks for that :o

Advertisement