Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any news on the update for pc?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Can anybody enlighten me as to what happened with the excecution when you first enter Solitude.??

There is still folk rattling on about it to me and I haven't the slightest idea what they are on about - so I obviously wasn't paying attention when I first got there.

Thanks..

Extreme condensed version .
    After Ulfric Stormcloak murdered High King Torygg, Roggvir (a guard) opens the gate for him. Gets executed for Treason.
    AFAIK its the start of the forsworn line of missions. i haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thats kicked off in Markarth not Solitude :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can anybody enlighten me as to what happened with the excecution when you first enter Solitude.??

There is still folk rattling on about it to me and I haven't the slightest idea what they are on about - so I obviously wasn't paying attention when I first got there.

Thanks..

When you walked into the city the first time a guard was about to be beheaded as he did not stop ulfric from escaping as he saw it as a duel not murder.

You should be able to see a stage on the right of the main entrance, it was hard to miss but you may have if you entered and left before seeing it.

You can stop it if you're fast but it'll get you a large bounty and no reward and the guy won't acknowledge it later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Definite drop in textures on the PS3. Borrox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Actually while I think of it can someone answer me this about the bards college quests -
    Am I correct in saying there are only three quests for the college ? Find the poem, find a drum, find a lute and find a flute. I had a glitch at the end of the drum/lute/flute quests - I returned with the whole lot of them at once. All the quests are finished, got rewarded for them but the instruments are stuck in my inventory and are seemingly still flagged as quest items that I can't get rid of. Have I got a glitch or was that the end of the missions anyway ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Headshot wrote: »
    any news on the update for pc?

Steam are based in Seattle so I'd hazzard a guess we're probably looking at a 9-10am PST release(8-9pm ) here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

c - 13 wrote: »
    Actually while I think of it can someone answer me this about the bards college quests -
    Am I correct in saying there are only three quests for the college ? Find the poem, find a drum, find a lute and find a flute. I had a glitch at the end of the drum/lute/flute quests - I returned with the whole lot of them at once. All the quests are finished, got rewarded for them but the instruments are stuck in my inventory and are seemingly still flagged as quest items that I can't get rid of. Have I got a glitch or was that the end of the missions anyway ?
    known glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Earned my funds for my first house, Breezehome, the hard way. Good honest hard labouring. In Riverwood you can take a job with the town leaders husband. He gives you gold for chopping wood. Apparently I was a natural, I stood for about 1hour (real time) chopping wood and bringing it to the boss until I had approx 6000gold. Then bought the house of my dreams and furnished it with the 53 books I had being carrying since my adventure began.

So that first housecarl you get? The girl. Started a fight I couldn't finish with a giant and a mammoth... I'm level 12. She stayed to protect our honour, you know, as a fighting due. I'll mark her death with a ceremony.

Have the quest to go to the vampire lair and kill the leader, so I get there kill the girl with 2 arrows. Then the male comes like a mare at me and took me 4times to actually kill him using loads of potions and poisons. Tough gig being an archery in light armour when the fight gets up close and personal.

Have the quest to go to the vampire lair and kill the leader, so I get there kill the girl with 2 arrows. Then the male comes like a mare at me and took me 4times to actually kill him using loads of potions and poisons. Tough gig being an archery in light armour when the fight gets up close and personal.
    With full stealth you will breeze through bits like that, The only time ive been truly fooked was reasembling the gaulder amulet because there was three tough fights one after the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Earned my funds for my first house, Breezehome, the hard way. Good honest hard labouring. In Riverwood you can take a job with the town leaders husband. He gives you gold for chopping wood. Apparently I was a natural, I stood for about 1hour (real time) chopping wood and bringing it to the boss until I had approx 6000gold. Then bought the house of my dreams and furnished it with the 53 books I had being carrying since my adventure began.
    Thought you were gonna say that you prostituted yourself and I was all prepared to ask how. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

c - 13 wrote: »

Yeah I got that too, its pretty annoying :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

known glitch.

Good to know cheers. Did I miss out on any other quests because of that though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

With full stealth you will breeze through bits like that, The only time ive been truly fooked was reasembling the gaulder amulet because there was three tough fights one after the other.

My sneak seems to be creeping up at a slower rate than what ild like. How does the growth rate go up with sneak?
    Does it go up only after every successful evasion i.e. alerting an enemythen hiding, or an attack from stealth mode.... or unliklely: will it go up if I just walk around the world in a permanent Quasimodo hunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

zwxGH.png

My sneak seems to be creeping up at a slower rate than what ild like. How does the growth rate go up with sneak?
    Does it go up only after every successful evasion i.e. alerting an enemythen hiding, or an attack from stealth mode.... or unliklely: will it go up if I just walk around the world in a permanent Quasimodo hunch?
    Pretty much, I sneak everywhere... well in dungeons anyway It goes up faster with sneak attacks, pickpocketing and picking locks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Patch for the PC is downloading now.

Is it just me or is loading faster since the patch on Xbox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Is it just me or is loading faster since the patch on Xbox?

Didn't notice much to be honest. However it seems the patch has brought its own problems. Something to do with resistance to magic being completely useless regardless of what enchantments armour or potions you are using?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so wheres the cheapest place to get this for the pc? il be back to my lovely desktop this weekend so i can finally get stuck into this beauty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

From my experience I would say it seems to slowly accrue points at any given time where you are stealthed, have the possibility of being caught, but are not. You also get a bonus for sneak attacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I began to croutch my whole way through dungeons to build up mt sneak stat. Invested some points in the silent roll capability and it makes it much more speedy.

I began to croutch my whole way through dungeons to build up mt sneak stat. Invested some points in the silent roll capability and it makes it much more speedy.
    Also light foot, you never have to worry about pressure plates again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

After getting the patch 2 forsworn mages almost iced me to death easily, i'm a nord with magic armour.

Turns out all resistances no longer work after the patch, not sure which is better a playable frame rate or not dying all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Can someone tell me how to clear my bounty in Whiterun? ITs not giving me an option and i'm not fighting back, wouldnt mind but its affecting the main quest!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bonesy. wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to clear my bounty in Whiterun? ITs not giving me an option and i'm not fighting back, wouldnt mind but its affecting the main quest!

Run in and book a room try sleep in the Inn have to be quick tho, usually does it for me. Putting away your weapons has never worked for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

The bastards.... They didn't patch the glitch that is stopping me from talking to ulfric and completing the main story line... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I stood for about 1hour (real time) chopping wood and bringing it to the boss

Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Every place I go into I get attacked..this is bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

how do I kill Malkoran ?? Im level 18..

• Advertisement

Bonesy. wrote: »
    Every place I go into I get attacked..this is bollocks.
    Are you a vampire?

Advertisement