Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

I'll just leave this here... Beautiful version.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

RIGHT, paid bounty to Whiterun gaurd, all Whiterun guards are grand, then I go into Dragonsreach to talk to Jaurl (or whatever..) and his whiterun guards attack me?? Agh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bonesy. wrote: »
    RIGHT, paid bounty to Whiterun gaurd, all Whiterun guards are grand, then I go into Dragonsreach to talk to Jaurl (or whatever..) and his whiterun guards attack me?? Agh.

What did you do?

Also Vampires, they seem to get a bit of stick off everyone in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

It started off by acidently using a shout on a guard, but I paid that off but meanwhile I kept getting chased and retaliating so I might have pissed one off them off but theres no way to get out of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Just go the jail, its no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    how do I kill Malkoran ?? Im level 18..

I used Lightning,Frost Breath sword to the face, repeat rinse and keep moving. Companion helps trickle him down give you time to recharge.

Took me a while but trust me worth it, if your going down the one handed route.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Gaunty wrote: »

0.00 - 1.07 - Beautiful
    1.07 - 1.25 - Magic
    1.25 - 1.33 - Heart Raising
    1.33 - End - :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Fantastic stuff, right there. Now, i wonder if she's single...

I actually had my first glitch after the download this evening, froze in the middle of battle. Had to hard reset the 360. But it's all good now again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

so wheres the cheapest place to get this for the pc? il be back to my lovely desktop this weekend so i can finally get stuck into this beauty :D

CD Key Version
    http://www.cdkeyhouse.com/video-games/rpg/-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim_417

Physical Copy
    http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/66338-elder-scrolls-v--skyrim--for-pc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

think i might get a physical copy of this game actually, be nice to get a map

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Burgo wrote: »
    Yeah apparently steam have pulled the update.

GOOD TOO KNOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just noticed ive no protection from magic or frost im a breton in nightengale armour that gives or at least gave 30% frost resistance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Is it worth updating the PS3 version? Considering that it doesn't really appear to fix the frame rate issues, worse textures and backwards flying dragons?

Well Well, it would appear that I've answered my own question....

Mine just updated,****

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just noticed ive no protection from magic or frost im a breton in nightengale armour that gives or at least gave 30% frost resistance

All thanks to the new patch. Caused more problems than fixed them.
    Resistance not working (you)
    game crashes more (me)
    dragons flying backwards :pac:

Hate doing hard resets on the ps3, hope this gets fixed soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Would having seriously high armor rating like 400+ negate the effects of magic resistance being bricked for the moment? Downloaded the patch this morning but won't get solid time in till later on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DarkJager wrote: »
    Would having seriously high armor rating like 400+ negate the effects of magic resistance being bricked for the moment? Downloaded the patch this morning but won't get solid time in till later on.
    No. I have an armour rating of over 500 and no magical resistance. Enemies who are good with magic can destroy me.

No. I have an armour rating of over 500 and no magical resistance. Enemies who are good with magic can destroy me.

**** that!! would clearing the cache on the xbox delete that patch? Think I'll play with lesser graphics than letting pussy mages kick my ass :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If you've gotten married and wondered where some npc companion who you wanted has gone, well maybe they've had to take the long way home.

A few of the companions were at my wedding and then by chance i saw a dead sabre and went to look for what killed it, it was the companions walking back home from the temple to whiterun. Met them near sunderstone gorge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,470 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You sure about that? Cos I just started Steam for the first time this evening & it's downloading a patch for Skyrim ... :confused:

I haven't noticed any changes since the patch has released

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I dont know if the patch fixed the ps3 lagg, im still getting some fps drop's but i restarted the game because my old save game was still lagging and i was fed up chugging around the world.

With patch dragons are acting weird, the game's freezing a lot more and im loosing controle of my character he randomly just walks around in circle's and i cant controle him :confused: And any magic user ive come across is kicking my ass unless i pound them down fast, and the book shelfs and weapon racks dont work anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Gaunty wrote: »

As much as that video impresses me, I have never laughed so hard at a youtube comment.

I once was a guitarist like you...

Then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Also if anyone want the Mod to change the normal intro music to hers, its here

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2101

Ok serious problem after the patch on 360. I fast travelled to riverwood, dragon attacked straight away. Killed it, collected the items and bones etc and went to the trader. The trader has over 100000 in gold????! Went outside and instantly get attacked by Alvor and Hod, have to kill them both. Nobody else in the town pays a bit of notice. I go back to whiterun and the whole ****ing town tries to kill me, bar a few guys actually fighting my attackers.

I have no idea what the hell has gone wrong with it. No diseases and no vampirism but I can't go anywhere now without bodies piling up :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I am playing pretty well a vanilla version of the game on PC version bar an ini tweak ir two, for the most part it seems ok in terms of in-game improvements to the mouse movement (which is pretty well spot on now), and the mouse accuracy in the menu is much improved. I haven't played it long enough to test stablity but pre patch I was maybe getting a crash every 3-4 hours, and to be honest apart from that I had very few issues of note in 50 odd hours.

Didn't see any backwards flying dragons but it definately appears to have intrduced flightpath anomolies that weren't there before, and the resistance effect bug definately seems to be universal to all three platforms. I am basing that largely on the fact that I just fireballed a Fire Atronachs (shouldn't be possible at all?) to death with no magic related skills whatsoever, and that any high level conjurerer can now 2-3 shot my two handed warrior to death regardless of how much or little resistant armor/amulets/potions are worn/consumed, before I can get within 20 meters of them.

With resistance being just a little bit important to a two handed warrior with no ranged weapon skills I think I shall be having a break from Skyrim for a few days till this gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Possible fix for people playing on Windows 7 who couldn't avoid the update : http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/mv60v/windows_7_skyrim_players_i_have_come_to_deliver/

Haven't tried it myself but seems like it has helped a few people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Is it just me or is loading faster since the patch on Xbox?

I thought it was a bit slower last night I must admit.

Textures do look a bit better though.

No backwards flying dragons yet anyways.

Advertisement