Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Downloaded a few mods there, and will test them out tonight. Considering there's still no mod tools, some of them are pretty damn amazing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Kiith wrote: »
    Downloaded a few mods there, and will test them out tonight. Considering there's still no mod tools, some of them are pretty damn amazing.

If you have the resistance bug don't forget the beta skyrim script extender (from the same guys that developed the oblivion and Fallout ones) as well, as it fixes that issue already. Gonna try it out after stupid work finishes :).

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1288179-wipz-skyrim-script-extender-skse/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

DarkJager wrote: »
    The trader has over 100000 in gold????!

He has that much every 24hours after you invest in his shop.

I stop by every 24hrs to offload all my loot there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Zillah wrote: »
    Jesus

I playing my guitar and writing so all I had to do was just reclick the wood block. Easiet 6k I've earned in any game ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

pixelburp wrote: »
    You sure about that? Cos I just started Steam for the first time this evening & it's downloading a patch for Skyrim ... :confused:

Heard from a few people that it had been pulled, sorry about that:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Burgo wrote: »
    Heard from a few people that it had been pulled, sorry about that:o

I think this rumour started when someone rage edited the patch details page on one of the Skyrim Wikis, it was swiftly removed needless to say. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I updated with the patch and lag is still an issue but it doesn't really bug me to much tbh..

Finally made it to solitude (60hours played and only finally got around to visiting there) and bought a schweet house!

Have to visit windhelm, Markarth and Falkreath still!! too easy to get distracted in this game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

how do you find out the number of hours that was spent in Skyrim? Does it show up on the game somewhere or you guys just guessing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

jmx009 wrote: »
    how do you find out the number of hours that was spent in Skyrim? Does it show up on the game somewhere or you guys just guessing ?
    Check your last save that will tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

jmx009 wrote: »

from your sig i guess you're on PS3. there is 2 ways to check, before you launch the game go to your save file locations and just highlight the latest Skyrim save file. it should pop up with more details for you.

2nd way is in game. when you go to save again go to your latest save file and highlight it. after a few seconds it should show you more details includin the time played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, i'm off to work, but i've just been invited to become a Werewolf. Now, i've read around and the positives seem good while there doesn't appear to be any negatives outside of combat.

So, is it worth it? I haven't done the quest where you can un-do it, but i don't want to become one if it's going to fook over other quests...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Ok, i'm off to work, but i've just been invited to become a Werewolf. Now, i've read around and the positives seem good while there doesn't appear to be any negatives outside of combat.

So, is it worth it? I haven't done the quest where you can un-do it, but i don't want to become one if it's going to fook over other quests...

i can become one but thats as far as i got in the companions missions. so far it screwed up any other quests and i've almost finished the thieves and dark brotherhood missions and completed the mages quest line.

only thing that confuses me about this is that my stats say that i've been a werewolf for 61 days or so. no idea if this means that i got the ability for it 61 days ago or else i've been changing into a wolf while i sleep or whatever and the game just doesnt show it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you've had the ability for 61 days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Possible fix for people playing on Windows 7 who couldn't avoid the update : http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/mv60v/windows_7_skyrim_players_i_have_come_to_deliver/

Haven't tried it myself but seems like it has helped a few people.
    Just confirming that if you're using Windows 7 and the new patch is making the game unplayable that the above fix rolls the game back to version 1.1 or whatever, the way it was before the latest patch. Just set Skyrim options in Steam to not update Skyrim automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Me and missus outside out house :P , all kiited in Daedric

63088021.jpg

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Just confirming that if you're using Windows 7 and the new patch is making the game unplayable that the above fix rolls the game back to version 1.1 or whatever, the way it was before the latest patch. Just set Skyrim options in Steam to not update Skyrim automatically.

Word of warning the name of that option is a bit of a misnomer, it only tells steam not to initiate an update itself silently in the backround, when running in online mode it will automatically try to update any game when you launch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The game is very broke for me since the patch

Some times I cant shout. The mouse in the menu is messed up

Really disappointing they can release somthing like this

Have they said anything about this so called patch?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Me and missus outside out house :P , all kiited in Daedric

Savage!

Headshot wrote: »
    The game is very broke for me since the patch

Some times I cant shout. The mouse in the menu is messed up

Really disappointing they can release somthing like this

Have they said anything about this so called patch?

Are you running any mods or ini file tweaks? If so try backing up the old Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini and deleting them. It should recreate default files on launch (If it works ok you can then start adding them back in one by one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

marco_polo wrote: »
    Are you running any mods or ini file tweaks?

nope nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey lads, I have a few grand built up and deciding whether to just go for a house in Whiterun or wait for a better one? (i've only been to Whiterun and Riverwood so far)

Also, if I buy a Horse, does it spawn if I fast travel anywhere. Can I call it ala Red Dead?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Also, if I buy a Horse, does it spawn if I fast travel anywhere. Can I call it ala Red Dead?

Buying a horse is a waste of a grand....

they don't last long in a scuffle, they charge in, and get killed, and often by you, as they have a habit of getting between you and your enemies.

If you really want a horse then
    Join the dark brotherhood, you will get a near indestructible one after a few missions.

You can't call them, like in RDR, but they appear beside you after you fast travel or wait, and can be found out side towns if you leave by the main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

2 questions, I cant access game websites from where I am.

How do I cure frostbite?

How do I fill the soul gems when I kill a monster for enchanting?

2 questions, I cant access game websites from where I am.

How do I cure frostbite?

Do Cure Poison and Cure Disease potions not work?
    How do I fill the soul gems when I kill a monster for enchanting?

Use and kill monsters with a weapon enchanted with Soul Capture.

Black soul gems for killing people.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hey lads, I have a few grand built up and deciding whether to just go for a house in Whiterun or wait for a better one? (i've only been to Whiterun and Riverwood so far)

House is vital for storing **** in, and in most/all cities to be able to buy a house you need to get in with the Jarl, so Whiterun is the only house really available to you at the start and the best place to unload your heavy junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Buying a horse is a waste of a grand....

they don't last long in a scuffle, they charge in, and get killed, and often by you, as they have a habit of getting between you and your enemies.

If you really want a horse then
    Join the dark brotherhood, you will get a near indestructible one after a few missions.

You can't call them, like in RDR, but they appear beside you after you fast travel or wait, and can be found out side towns if you leave by the main entrance.
    I'd agree that they do get in the way a lot but are GREAT for terrain traversal. I've found myself reloading saves the odd time (more than I'd like though) to make sure my horse survives the onslaught. They can get you up a steep mountain fairly quick since they allow you to climb places that you wouldn't be able to otherwise. It's annoying that the only thing you can do on them is ride them around since you cant pick flowers/herbs, talk to NPCs or even fire a bow and arrow at enemies.

I did a mission down in Riften and ended up
    stealing a horse called Frost. Brought it to the meet point and persuaded the guy I was supposed to give the horse to to give it to me.
    The horse died 15 minutes later on me and it was too late to realise for a reload.
    That particular one seemed rather weak to me compared to the regular one.

Sheehy, invest in the one in Whiterun. Get in with the Jarl and he'll reward you. Everytime I kill a dragon I fast travel to Whiterun and drop off the bones and scales. Then I fast travel back to here I was. I have over 30 of each of the bones and scales sitting in my house, ready to be fashioned into dragon armour. Just need to get my smithing up to 100 first. Almost there.

I'd agree that they do get in the way a lot but are GREAT for terrain traversal.

Agreed, just not worth paying for.

I have my free Horse now, and it goes everywhere with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks lads! Looks like i'll be buying the house in Whiterun to store my shtuff. sick of dropping valuable weapons to make room for other things. Gonna do the dark brotherhood quest next to get that horse!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how the hell are you all losing your horses?

mine jumps right into the fray versus everything and just about always wins

Advertisement