Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I gave up on the horse, it just vanished/shouted off a cliff by me. I then had a bareback horse I stole from a stormcloak warcamp. Though at this stage i have so many places discovered I rarely have to walk large distances any more. Even when do there's usually plenty of npc's to keep my occupied along the way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

How do I fill the soul gems when I kill a monster for enchanting?

Besides weapons as mentioned by Mr Freeze you can also get the soul trap spell. You need to cast the spell or hit them with the weapon before they die and then they need to die within a certain time frame (7 seconds with most stuff). This means it's best to use your favorite weapon/spell for fighting then when their health is low switch to the soul trap weapon or cast the soul trap spell on them and then finish them off.

It's vital to have a good collection of soul gems before making this a regular tactic as if you kill a rabbit and you only have a grand soul gem available it will be filled with this rabbit's petty soul effectively wasting the grand soul gem.

I have been using a bow I enchanted with soul trap and from what I can tell your enchantment skill does not go up from using weapons but presumably will using the soul trap spell. Recharging weapons with filled soul gems does boost your skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

mewso wrote: »
    Besides weapons as mentioned by Mr Freeze you can also get the soul trap spell. You need to cast the spell or hit them with the weapon before they die and then they need to die within a certain time frame (7 seconds with most stuff).

The soul trap time frame is 60 seconds that you need to kill stuff within to get the soul

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it depends on the weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

it depends on the weapon

I meant the spell not an enchanted weapon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Like everyone else I hate Aerin, still following my woman around !

Cya Laterz Mr.FriendZone !!!!

42024550.jpg
    17347523.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Dragon armour made, but i'm two scales short of a full set. The glitchy f*cking backward flying dragons arent making it easy to complete my set.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I bought a horse in Whiterun and it died in the first battle i came across. Couldn't be bothered getting another one after that, considering Lydia comes everywhere with me and she can't get on the horse!

Back to my earlier question then, Werewolf: Yay or Nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

you dont need to buy your first horse, you can get one for free. Its along the road when you get called to the greybeards its standing over a dead bandit and isnt owned by anyone so you can take it, im sure of the exact location but you cant miss it if you take the path towards leads around to the village near the greybeard place. its not far far form the bridge you go over near that brewing house outside whiterun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

where to get daedric armor/weapons? can they be found or only got by smithing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nodferatu wrote: »
    where to get daedric armor/weapons? can they be found or only got by smithing?

Someone said earlier they found a daedric bow. I've never found them and had to smith all mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

smithing i think.

Is daedric better than dragon armour ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Lone Stone wrote: »
    smithing i think.

Is daedric better than dragon armour ?

Before improvements yes. Don't know what it's like after improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I bought a horse in Whiterun and it died in the first battle i came across. Couldn't be bothered getting another one after that, considering Lydia comes everywhere with me and she can't get on the horse!

Back to my earlier question then, Werewolf: Yay or Nay?

I say yes, you only lose your well rested bonus that speeds up your levelling up but you gain 100% resistance to disease and an awesome help out when your in a corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I sold my thieves clothing but I really need it now. Is there away to get another clothing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Burgo wrote: »

umm so am i the only one who went with the Empire? I was running a scared little girl at the time.

Headshot wrote: »
    I sold my thieves clothing but I really need it now. Is there away to get another clothing ?
    Nope, and you cant finish the theives guild quest either unless you are on PC and can use a console command.

When you obtain the Thieves Guild Armor do not sell it! Otherwise Tonilia will not be able to upgrade it. She will continually ask to upgrade it and no other dialogue options will be available. Not only will you lose her as a fence, but you will not receive the Achievement/Trophy (One with the Shadows) of Restoring the Thieves Guild. This is because Tonilia is the last objective. If you are playing the PC version you can use the player.additem command in the console with the item IDs d3ac2, d3ac3, d3ac4, and d3ac5 to give yourself the full set of armor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://kotaku.com/5864312/starting-month-you-will-get-the-tools-to-reinvent-skyrim-on-pc

Starting next month computer Skyrim gamers will have access to the same development tools used by Bethesda Games Studio to make The Elder Scroll title.

It would be nice if Bethesda picked the best mods and released them on consoles... hmm a petition mebbe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Qeustion, if you kill your wife can you re-marry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Someone said earlier they found a daedric bow. I've never found them and had to smith all mine.

I think theres one in a chest outside the ruins when doing "the white phial" quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Still got Stampy, I'm a bit paranoid of having him die a measly death after his heroic saving of Lydia from the dragon.

Had a quest where I had to kill ths guy called Haldyn. Tough cookie he was so for the laugh I took out my Wabbajack staff where he turned into a mudcrab...........then vanished............then reappeared somewhere else where I found him running by me............missing something........:

screenshot18m.png
    screenshot19lh.png
    screenshot20j.png

Had another quest where I had to kill a snow bear inside a house. It decided to stand up and..............well...........

screenshot23b.png

Shìt....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,469 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

http://kotaku.com/5864312/starting-month-you-will-get-the-tools-to-reinvent-skyrim-on-pc

Starting next month computer Skyrim gamers will have access to the same development tools used by Bethesda Games Studio to make The Elder Scroll title.

Let the madness commence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anybody know where I can get black soul gems? Have a few people I want to take :D

I just found Dragon light armor :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Damn this game just worse and worse since the patch

Dragons flying back wards and getting stuck in mountains

They really ****ing this game up

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Headshot wrote: »
    Damn this game just worse and worse since the patch

Dragons flying back wards and getting stuck in mountains

They really ****ing this game up

Couldn't agree more.

My game was fine until the patch. Now it's glitchy a f**k, with wicked framerate drop off whenever a dragon is flying around backwards making me jump back a save and avoiding dragons completely.

Gonna put it on the shelf until they get their sh*t together with a proper patch that doesn't break the game.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Its probably as bad or worse than the 1.5 patch for fallout 3, now that broke a hell of alot of s**t as well.

Also the 11.11c performance drivers for 5000 series crossfire have finally arrived, nothing that is not already in in 11.11a or b unless you have 2x HD5XXX cards.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst1111cperformance.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

anyone still have Lydia? I'm 22hrs in and she's still there lol havent had another companion since I got her in Whiterun early on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

krudler wrote: »
    anyone still have Lydia? I'm 22hrs in and she's still there lol havent had another companion since I got her in Whiterun early on

I still have her and i imagine she'll be there till the end. Always been useful and it would be like losing a pet if she died, so i'll always reload.

Advertisement