Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

Okay so I joined the Stormcloaks an have done numerous missions for Ulfric without actually completing the quest line.

But I was just cleaning through by inventory there and came across the following:

"Thalmor Dossier: Ulfric Stormcloak". which I think I picked up in the Diplomatic immunity quest.

Without going into detail - has anybody else read this and if so - what are your thoughts??

My head is all over the place now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I still have her and i imagine she'll be there till the end. Always been useful and it would be like losing a pet if she died, so i'll always reload.

ha I'm the same, it doesnt bother me when I lose her as she always turns up, shes only died twice on me both during dragon fights and I've reloaded it.

had an epic one there down by the wreck of the Brinehammer, was going along the coast and spotted an ice troll, was avoiding it when a dragon came out of nowhere and flew over to the troll and attacked and killed it, so I started fighting the dragon when a load of bandits appeared, was letting them fire arrows at it when it killed all of them, then it flew off to attack one of those walrus things that you see by coastlines, was mental! was half expecting and bear to turn up and start battering the dragon.

I hate bears :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

krudler wrote: »
    anyone still have Lydia? I'm 22hrs in and she's still there lol havent had another companion since I got her in Whiterun early on

No she died on me, her corpse did show up to my wedding though, which was nice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Okay so I joined the Stormcloaks an have done numerous missions for Ulfric without actually completing the quest line.

But I was just cleaning through by inventory there and came across the following:

"Thalmor Dossier: Ulfric Stormcloak". which I think I picked up in the Diplomatic immunity quest.

Without going into detail - has anybody else read this and if so - what are your thoughts??

My head is all over the place now!!!
    Nothing important, just that they want to use him.

anyone find that orphanage in Riften? that auld bitch running it got a quick dragonshout to the face to the delight of the kids lol

does anyone use anyplace in particular as a base of operations type thing? I usually head to Whiterun and save there, dunno why really since it doesnt really matter where you start out from.

how do you get married anyway? is it a story quest or something you can just do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

anyone find that orphanage in Riften? that auld bitch running it got a quick dragonshout to the face to the delight of the kids lol

does anyone use anyplace in particular as a base of operations type thing? I usually head to Whiterun and save there, dunno why really since it doesnt really matter where you start out from.

how do you get married anyway? is it a story quest or something you can just do?

Go to Riften and to the Temple of Mara and do the quests, you'll get an amulet of Mara, you have to wear it and any person you did a good turn for will see it and question you 'bout it and the dialogue continues from there

Do to Riften and enquire in the temple of Mara, he will sell you an amulet and you wear that and talk to who you want to marry. Generally you have to be in good standing or done a quest for them.

anyone explored the area between Dawnstar and Winterhold, tis soooo pretty, love the ice areas when its sunny, the lighting looks fantastic in some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dammit doing the peace treaty mission and someone gets up to leave and nothing happens, left the game for 30 minutes and nothing happened :(

tried reloading and picking other conversation choices and it ends the same way with nothing happening :( BALLS!!!!!

/Also pissed off i cant get off the chair if ever a murder death party moment came about it was right then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

eventually got pissed off being overencumbered so set my load limit to 5000
    it means I have to re-enter the command every time i die but it's worth it

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dammit doing the peace treaty mission and someone gets up to leave and nothing happens, left the game for 30 minutes and nothing happened :(

tried reloading and picking other conversation choices and it ends the same way with nothing happening :( BALLS!!!!!

/Also pissed off i cant get off the chair if ever a murder death party moment came about it was right then.
    I heard about this, apparently if you reload a save game and do the civil war missions you dont have to do that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Nothing important, just that they want to use him.
    Actually if you read the dossier again closely it makes it pretty clear that he is or at least was a Thalmor agent. Active in the past but current status is dormant. It does say that he can still be contacted directly if the need is great enough for the Thalmor.

Gaunty wrote: »
    Actually if you read the dossier again closely it makes it pretty clear that he is or at least was a Thalmor agent. Active in the past but current status is dormant. It does say that he can still be contacted directly if the need is great enough for the Thalmor.
    Its funny that they went to all the trouble introducing the thalmor but not fleshing them out so much, I would of liked more missions against them

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its funny that they went to all the trouble introducing the thalmor but not fleshing them out so much, I would of liked more missions against them

Makes perfect sense for a DLC altho i suspect the Khaljiijijij will be DLC, everyone seems to love them for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

tumblr_luq6qmpZed1qizbpto1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Have you come accross the young kid praying to the nightmother in Windfell ? ...it's to do with the Orphanage and starts you off on the Dark Brotherhood missions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Have you come accross the young kid praying to the nightmother in Windfell ? ...it's to do with the Orphanage and starts you off on the Dark Brotherhood missions.

I liked that bit :)
    anyone still have Lydia? I'm 22hrs in and she's still there lol havent had another companion since I got her in Whiterun early on

She lies cold in her grave at the 65 hour mark :P

I replaced her with a cannibal.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

100+ hours in Still have her. Gave her my Legendary Dragon Armour Set and she's been a very good tank for my mage. :D I'm still thinking of marrying Aela instead of her though.

Daedra Lord summon, Meeko the dog, Lydia (Legendary Dragon Armour Set) & my Battle Mage = BEAST TEAM! \:D/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Any info going around about when the main quest difficulty level is locked (when you get the first mission to take the first city or when), playing on master and at lvl 40 and the fort that the stormcloaks need to attacked are full of enemies i can easily 1 shot.

Anyone know if there's a big library anywhere that'll have a few skill books.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

DarkJager wrote: »
    Anybody know where I can get black soul gems? Have a few people I want to take :D

Ethnir in the Mage's guild in Winterhold sells Black Soul Gems. Well he did/does when I trade with him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

seems to be more bugs and problems with the new patch than there was before i downloaded it. its brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Qeustion, if you kill your wife can you re-marry

Is this still about Skyrim?

Nodferatu wrote: »
    seems to be more bugs and problems with the new patch than there was before i downloaded it. its brutal

had a crazy glitch the other night where i had sparks and flames on each hand and fired both at once at some bandits, and it I couldnt stop running, i legged for ages across a plain not far from Silent Moons Camp and only stopped when I hit a hillside, was mental

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

My horse turned hostile to npcs, didn't do anything to them but will get attack by guards until he runs away.

It happens at each town or storm cloak camp I come across and starts as soon add I get off, they ignore me and don't treat me as hostile but one look at my horse drive the whole city to war.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

My dead horse sometimes appears behind me when I fast travel. Then collapses as a corpse.

Jumpy wrote: »
    My dead horse sometimes appears behind me when I fast travel. Then collapses as a corpse.

I love the glitches in this game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

thats just creepy! Horses are obviously useless at haunting people!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

that happened to me once with a body. i saw it standing up in front of me as the screen faded in after fast travelling to whiterun and then it just collapsed. it freaked me out so i hid it under the bridge. its still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Had three dragons fly backwards on me. They just wouldn't land and as a result just eventually flew off without me killing them.

Decided to side with the Imperials. Delivered
    the Jarl's axe to Ulfric and now he's knocking as the door of Whiterun, ready for an ass whooping.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had three dragons fly backwards on me. They just wouldn't land and as a result just eventually flew off without me killing them.

Decided to side with the Imperials. Delivered
    the Jarl's axe to Ulfric and now he's knocking as the door of Whiterun, ready for an ass whooping.

If you don't side with the imperials do you then become an enemy in whiterun?

Advertisement