Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

If you don't side with the imperials do you then become an enemy in whiterun?

Need to know too what impact joining either side has on the game and should it be left until last to do that storyline?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Didnt patch but Dragonrend should take down any backwards flying dragons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

I fast travelled to a location and an elder dragon dropped out of the sky dead. Got the loot and soul from it too. Haven't patched the latest patch.

Aside from the odd glitch, I'm enjoying the game. Recently maxed out the enchanting skill with 5 perks into Enchanter, and perks into Insightful Enchanter, Fire/Frost/Storm Enchanter and Extra Effect.

Drank an Enchanter's Elixir on top of that and made a Smithing suit. Donned the suit, made up a Dragonscale suit and a Daedric bow. Drank a Blacksmith's Elixir and upgraded the armor and bow.

Off to the enchanting table then. Drank another Enchanter's Elixir and put two enchantments on each piece. Armor now gives +56 health, +28 Lt Armor, +90 Archery, +90 Sneak, +42 Carry, +45 Lockpicking. Bow has 35 fire and 35 shock dmg.

If I train Alchemy and perk into that tree, I could make stronger Blacksmith and Enchanter potions to squeeze a few more points into the setup. But until such time as I do that, this gear will see me set for a long time to come yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

at that point.. what's the point in playing
    there will be no challenege at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

If you don't side with the imperials do you then become an enemy in whiterun?
    You and Ulfric take over Whiterun, the Jarl is imprisoned, and the place goes back exactly like it was before except Stormcloak soldiers for guards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

at that point.. what's the point in playing
    there will be no challenege at all

There wasn't much of a challenge combat-wise beforehand. The challenge is in tweaking the gear to the max. It's enjoyable and rewarding in it's own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Bah just found out about the differences between the azuras star and the black star and i unfortunately chose azuras, i still have a save from before i completed it that is only about 5 hours old would it be worth it to go back?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Biggest ever thread in games forum ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭keithb93

So I just randomly fast traveled to a location Ive never been too before and guess who pops up in front of me? A blood Dragon and Krosis. Must have taken 200 arrows to kill krosis and the giants killed the dragon. This game never fails to surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

VinLieger wrote: »
    Bah just found out about the differences between the azuras star and the black star and i unfortunately chose azuras, i still have a save from before i completed it that is only about 5 hours old would it be worth it to go back?
    you can still fill grand souls from mammoths, it just means a little more effort. I dont like stealing human souls anyway, makes me feel dirty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

keithb93 wrote: »
    So I just randomly fast traveled to a location Ive never been too before and guess who pops up in front of me? A blood Dragon and Krosis. Must have taken 200 arrows to kill krosis and the giants killed the dragon. This game never fails to surprise.

You can't fast travel to places you haven't been too :) Maybe it was somewhere you skipped through. Giants are ace for killing dragons though!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

keithb93 wrote: »

How do you fast travel to somewhere you've haven't visited previously

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Questions!
    I have a nice Orcish Greatsword that captures souls when I kill stuff with it.
    1)What level of creatures fill Greater and Grand soul gems? I see someone mentioned a Mammoth earlier. Any more examples?

2)What difference does it make to use say a Lesser Soul Gem versus a Greater Soul Gem when enchanting a piece of armour for example? I assume your Enchanting skill level affects how effective the resulting enchantment is?

3) I have a few empty Black Soul Gems now, should I wait to fill them with a higher level human enemy or does any random human bandit do the job?

This game is amazing, so huge, I haven't seen most of the locations/quests people are talking about (level 27 or so).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Questions!
    I have a nice Orcish Greatsword that captures souls when I kill stuff with it.
    1)What level of creatures fill Greater and Grand soul gems? I see someone mentioned a Mammoth earlier. Any more examples?

2)What difference does it make to use say a Lesser Soul Gem versus a Greater Soul Gem when enchanting a piece of armour for example? I assume your Enchanting skill level affects how effective the resulting enchantment is?

3) I have a few empty Black Soul Gems now, should I wait to fill them with a higher level human enemy or does any random human bandit do the job?

This game is amazing, so huge, I haven't seen most of the locations/quests people are talking about (level 27 or so).

I think giants and the big dwarven automatons fill grand and greater soul gems, possibly sabre cats and bears too.

You get more charges on the weapon if you use a better soul gem in initial enchantment and each time you charge them.

Save your black soul gems for enchanting weapons not for charging you will make better weapons this way. Use grand or greater soul gems to charge them or if you have to petty/common or lesser soul gems.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

justryan wrote: »
    Use grand or greater soul gems to charge them or if you have to petty/common or lesser soul gems.

That seems a bit "grinded up my enchanting skill" end gamish to me. Petty and Lesser souls are easy to fill and best for recharging imo. Early on a greater is probably good enough for some enchantments. Regardless I would never use a grand to recharge as it's as good as a black soul for enchanting afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

mewso wrote: »
    That seems a bit "grinded up my enchanting skill" end gamish to me. Petty and Lesser souls are easy to fill and best for recharging imo. Early on a greater is probably good enough for some enchantments. Regardless I would never use a grand to recharge as it's as good as a black soul for enchanting afaik.

its the rarity for some people that do makes the black gem seem better for enchanting. AFAIK though human souls are grand soul so it really makes no difference.

Thats why i have the black star and only use it for enchanting once its full. only human souls fills it so its always grand souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Difference between azura and black star?? Spoiler it you think its necessary but I'd like to know..

i aint come across either yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

hypermuse wrote: »
    Difference between azura and black star?? Spoiler it you think its necessary but I'd like to know..

i aint come across either yet..

Azura's star is a reusable soul gem like great, lesser common etc. Black star is a reusable black soul gem and only holds human souls. You can only have one as it depends what you do in the quest.

Risteard wrote: »
    Azura's star is a reusable soul gem like great, lesser common etc. Black star is a reusable black soul gem and only holds human souls. You can only have one as it depends what you do in the quest.

black sounds much better.. no point in having a reusable soul gem if it ends up getting filled with a petty soul imo..

I always carry multiples of each type coz last thing you want is to have a black soul gem wasted on some petty soul!

I dont think I'm anyway close to that mission yet.. I really need to get more focused on the main quests in this game!! I've said it so many times I get distracted too easily!

60 hours gameplay, I still aint visited 3 major cities, only met the grey beards, only done 2 mage quests, and aint joined any other groups yet..

Expansiveness of this game is crazy, but I wouldnt expect anything less from the elder scrolls!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Bambi wrote: »
    How do you fast travel to somewhere you've haven't visited previously

You don't!

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    You don't!

I thought somebody in this thread said you can if you ask a guy with a horse and kart...

I aint ever used it so dont know but iirc they said you can get the guy to bring you to a place you aint previously been....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

hypermuse wrote: »
    I thought somebody in this thread said you can if you ask a guy with a horse and kart...

I aint ever used it so dont know but iirc they said you can get the guy to bring you to a place you aint previously been....
    Just to the main cities. and only 20 gold too.

Just to the main cities. and only 20 gold too.

oh right.. SO technicaly you can fast travel to places you aint been (well cities at least)

I recall someone saying you could fast travel to wherever you placed your marker with him?? Prob not thou.. like I said, I never used it so cant really say!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dont think so, he says he can take you to any of the major holds so im pretty sure it's just the cities

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i fast travel a lot to city's to sell loot. from city to city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What's the best location to sell your stuff ?

I've Daedric and Dragon sets to sell, but no merchant really has over 1.5k at anytime.
    And I really don't wanna wait 2 days for their money to come back to sell piece by piece

People have mentioned the Thieves Guild fences sometimes have 4k, but you need to do all their thievery missions first ?

SeantheMan wrote: »

I've Daedric and Dragon sets to sell, but no merchant really has over 1.5k at anytime.
    And I really don't wanna wait 2 days for their money to come back to sell piece by piece

People have mentioned the Thieves Guild fences sometimes have 4k, but you need to do all their thievery missions first ?
    Yeah you need to do all the story missions and at least 20 of the little missions + the building back the guild missions, Its about two days worth of missions but you get 7 fences all with 4000 gold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

SeantheMan wrote: »

I'll buy them off ya. can't get any dragons to land. Just circle and circle like seagulls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

This has probably been posted months ago , very funny

• Advertisement

75865.jpg

Advertisement