Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I played last night for few hours.. killed 2 dragons, they flew normally n landed fine (ps3)! How do you check the resistance to magic problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

hypermuse wrote: »
    I played last night for few hours.. killed 2 dragons, they flew normally n landed fine (ps3)! How do you check the resistance to magic problem?

If you're not noticing it, don't worry?

But if you wanna check, goto active effects in the right-hand menu. You should be able to figure out from there what might be working/ not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

1XRFT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

whats with all the copycat 'arrow to the knee' jokes on skyrim video's on youtube!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Nodferatu wrote: »
    whats with all the copycat 'arrow to the knee' jokes on skyrim video's on youtube!!!!

I knew the answer but then I took an arrow to the knee

• Advertisement

exactly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Level 100 Archery and level 100 sneak... I am now unstoppable.

Restart again :pac:

have many people here finished the main quest story? I'm 80+ hours in and only really starting them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Level 100 Archery and level 100 sneak... I am now unstoppable.

Restart again :pac:

Yeah im the same, i have been wearing a wedding dress and a cooks hat as my armor for the last few levels and it hasnt affected me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

quarryman wrote: »
    Anyone playing a pure mage? At level 20 and debating dropping thief skills like archery and sneak and focussing on magic.

I have been playing as a pure mage and you really need a companion with you at all times up to at least level 30 to tank or at least have decent conjuration to get a dremora or atronach. Once you reach a certain level of gear though you can fire your most powerful spells like novice spells so nothing gets close to you. I don't use the good gear as it takes the fun away.

Having said all that, i had the most fun so far playing Skyrim as a pure mage. It was actually a challenge compared to sneak thief build. I had many fights desperately ducking and dodging waiting for my magicka to recharge to get that one last lightning bolt off. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Gaunty wrote: »
    I have been playing as a pure mage and you really need a companion with you at all times up to at least level 30 to tank or at least have decent conjuration to get a dremora or atronach. Once you reach a certain level of gear though you can fire your most powerful spells like novice spells so nothing gets close to you. I don't use the good gear as it takes the fun away.

Having said all that, i had the most fun so far playing Skyrim as a pure mage. It was actually a challenge compared to sneak thief build. I had many fights desperately ducking and dodging waiting for my magicka to recharge to get that one last lightning bolt off. :pac:

I've been a pure Destro / Resto mage solo the entire way through the game playing on the difficulty below Expert and haven't had any issues. The impact perk in the Destro tree is ridiculously overpowered you can stunk lock anything to death. You will need good magicka regen though if you want to solo...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've lost janessa in tomb,she never got teleported out with after the mission and I went back in to look for her and she wasn't there,also lydia was killed by a load of mages :'(

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips on how to kill Morokei for the Staff of Magnus quest?

I'm level 16 high elf mage, casting firebolt and Lydia as a back up. He's 1 hitting me with this lighting, starting to get frustrating.
    Climb up onto the high bridge, he almost never goes up there and then nickel and dime him to death saving, a lot. He is by several times, the hardest thing I've fought or encountered.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Orizio wrote: »
    You won't be able to kill him at level 16, and evidently you need ranged weapons or magic to kill him.
    I killed him at 11. Its all in the technique (glitch) of how you engage him. I didnt have a Lydia (died like, 5 minutes after she joined to a random something she decided had looked at me funny).

Also, drop the difficulty, he's still insanely hard but it helps a little.

Tbh, boss fights like this, I usually skip if they are this retarded. Or in Deus Ex.

DeV.

quarryman wrote: »
    Anyone playing a pure mage? At level 20 and debating dropping thief skills like archery and sneak and focussing on magic.
    Mostly I am, yes. Mage/Enchanter. Havent fired an arrow yet in the game :)

Its too easy though, you end up pretty quickly being a walking bomb. Fun though, and mostly I'm playing this to discover the artwork and fun stuff in the world. And kill them.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Right so tonight i had to go to mass for my yearly dose of religion. (Anniversary mass:()

As the priest droned on and on i drifted away into the world of Skyrim.
    I was pricing the chalices and valuables and wondering how much i could sell them for in whiterun and Solitude..I'm gonna be struck down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Nodferatu wrote: »
    have many people here finished the main quest story? I'm 80+ hours in and only really starting them

Think i finished it, killed main dragon and nothing popped up since.

Civil war sideline is quite brilliant, you can avoid both forever and still have tonnes to do.

Altho i can never go to Markath again, there was an incident then more incidents and with the **** i have, it was easy to massacre all the gaurds. Altho the respawn which is weird.

Btw Molokei was one of the easier fcukers with the masks, theres a lot more :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

While xmas is around the corner im still waiting for skyrim , listening to the soundtrack soo epic.. Came across this girl doing a cover of skyrim

Really want this now..:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well i got this game today.

i really hated oblivion and after introductionery part of game i felt like wasting 50 quid on oblivion 1.1

though i gave it some more time and i have to say it is really growing on me. best thing about it - nordic outdoors with perfect music and feel of wilderness. i will play more tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

i really hated oblivion and after introductionery part of game i felt like wasting 50 quid on oblivion 1.1

though i gave it some more time and i have to say it is really growing on me. best thing about it - nordic outdoors with perfect music and feel of wilderness. i will play more tomorrow.

The game doesnt suffer the sameyness that Oblivion did. Well ok, apart from the fact they could have done with at least a dozen more voice actors. The character models, the landscape and the dungeons are all varied and from my experience (50 hours in) you never get the feeling you are in a cookie cutter world really.
    They have done a great job with the soundtrack too. After all these hours I dont have a desperate tune in my head thats been lodged there by sheer repetition. Its just all low key orchestral stuff when you're exploring. Very lord of the rings esque in places. Actually sometimes when you're overlooking the countryside from some rocky outcrop and listening to a faint string melody, you get the impression the designers basically said on day one - "lets make the game look and sound like the LOTR trilogy!"
    No bad thing at all.

Its oblivion with better **** and more functional engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

She's mexican.... ? jaysis..she's good :)
    That's also a tune you can hear some of the bards singing in the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its oblivion with better **** and more functional engine.

And has Arnold Schwarzenegger voice over

SeantheMan wrote: »

When you walk into the final dragon mission that music is ****ing awesome, i sheathed my **** and walked slowly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

SeantheMan wrote: »

Decent voice, but it's quite the pretentious video. The looks she gives the camera are pure cheese. Still, I've listened to it a few times, so maybe I'm just being a bollocks.

Headshot wrote: »
    And has Arnold Schwarzenegger voice over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Hadn't been playing this over the last week or so due to tons of college work. Then last night had a big session, with the patch so everything smooth again. It was heavenly! You wouldn't think a week would make much difference but it really did.

Just taking it all in again. Man I love this game :D

Advertisement