Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Decent voice, but it's quite the pretentious video. The looks she gives the camera are pure cheese. Still, I've listened to it a few times, so maybe I'm just being a bollocks.

the constant **** eating grin gets a bit tiresome indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Game never crashed on me before the patch, but I encountered the framerate issue every 3 hours.

Since the recent patch, the game has crashed on me 6 times, and endlessly looped a loading screen twice.

Getting VERY pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I started a new game the other week after the patch. But now my new game is getting the same fps drop's and freezing at least twice everytime i sit down to play it . :mad: I dont think i can even get a refund because i have the game since it came out :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

So I've crafted myself some sexy armour and stuff. The only thing I'm lacking at the moment is the ability to resist magic. I get hammered if there's 2+ mages attacking me, and that's with Lydia along for the ride.

I can enchant rings to provide magic resistance but only up to 12% resistance, that's with Enchanting skill of 91 and a filled Grand Soul gem.

Any way to improve this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Lafortezza wrote: »
    So I've crafted myself some sexy armour and stuff. The only thing I'm lacking at the moment is the ability to resist magic. I get hammered if there's 2+ mages attacking me, and that's with Lydia along for the ride.

I can enchant rings to provide magic resistance but only up to 12% resistance, that's with Enchanting skill of 91 and a filled Grand Soul gem.

Any way to improve this?
    I noticed this too, you seem to be only able to use your first disenchantment and your not able to upgrade it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Lafortezza wrote: »

Any way to improve this?

Disenchant some resist fire/frost/shock items and craft a necklace and ring set for each resist type. They will give higher resist %age than the catch all magic resist gives. Buy some Enchanter's elixir potions for the job too - this will give +25% to the enchantment effects. When you see what your up against in combat, wear the appropriate ring/necklace combo.

When you get to 100 enchanting and get the "two enchantments per item" perk, you can make a necklace/ring combo to hold fire/frost/shock/magic resist or 4 of each element and swap them out as necessary (don't forget the enchanter's elixir).

Edit: Just checked the numbers on my own gear. 100 enchanting and an elixir gives +22% magic resistance, and 52% fire/frost/shock resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I noticed this too, you seem to be only able to use your first disenchantment and your not able to upgrade it :(

Its not. Its only as powerful as your skill in enchanting + perks.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

When is the patch out to fix the crap patch? (pc)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

well i got this game today.

i really hated oblivion and after introductionery part of game i felt like wasting 50 quid on oblivion 1.1

though i gave it some more time and i have to say it is really growing on me. best thing about it - nordic outdoors with perfect music and feel of wilderness. i will play more tomorrow.

As a fellow Oblivion hater, take it from me. Skyrim is much much better. Oblivion was all aesthetics with highly repetitive gameplay. Skyrim is extremely dynamic gameplay wise. Aesthetically excellent in a different way. Graphics in oblivion were mind blowing for the time (I played it on PC before the PS3 was even released) Skyrim looks dated, but the artists work very well with the 6 year old hardware they are limited to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Jeez, I'm really glad I didn't update my game now considering all the problems people are having. Game has been running perfectly for me since I first installed it with no crashes or dips on fps.

I think I'll hold out until a definitive patch pops out.

Oh, and here's half a horse:
    screenshot24l.png

And Stampy getting attacked by yet another dragon who constantly refused to fight me:
    screenshot27s.png

He survived but poor Stampy never catches a break :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm putting skyrim on hold for now..spent the last three days (in gamedays ) trying to kill some backward flying-funky chicken-dancing dragon. I think the f**ker is actually dead now (no health bar) but he's still flying around randomly getting stuck on various mountains or treading air at about 300 feet :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Is there a mod that removes the HUD elements when taking screenshots? If not, there should be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

pretty sure there is

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,469 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Is there a mod that removes the HUD elements when taking screenshots? If not, there should be.
    You don't need a mod - if you go into the game's settings, one of them is an option to change the UI's opacity. So simply slide the bar down to the lowest setting and presto; no more HUD. When you're done just pop back in and change it your preferred opacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

The game certainly can make for some amazing screenshots alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

"Men men men men, manly men men men!"
    "Men men men men, manly men, oo hoo hoo, hoo hoo, oo.

rOE6o.jpg

Dont ask me what the fu'ck is up there??

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

not sure if posted already :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Headshot wrote: »

Haha! That happened to one of my mates too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Headshot wrote: »

rOE6o.jpg

I cant believe I was ****ing gamed by a computer game character.

Look at the right hand of the guy in the ground :(

He gets to punch me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

sFlUp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Duggy747 wrote: »
    screenshot27s.png

He survived but poor Stampy never catches a break :pac:

You have far too many active quests open..., there are 8 in that part of the compass how can you tell which one you are on ? :P

Nice collection of companions...and their heads :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Game never crashed on me before the patch, but I encountered the framerate issue every 3 hours.

Since the recent patch, the game has crashed on me 6 times, and endlessly looped a loading screen twice.

Getting VERY pissed off.

See this is the difference with skyrim and other games.. If another game crashed on me I'd start getting angry, like really angry I've no patience!!

But when skyrim crashes on me I just get up ask if its ok.. and then hard reset and wait patiently!! :D

Its probably coz I take the crash as blessing and a chance to you know.. do those things you need to do to survive in the real world.. eat, drink, excrete! Nothing wrong with an enforced 5 min break when playing skyrim!!

Ive just been browsing the internet with the menu screen open and the music blaring... makes the internet amazing.

Time to play now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Also, another question.. not sure if glitch or me being retarded!!

I just joined the stormcloaks in windhelm and did the initiation mission whereby
    (you gotta kill some retarded icewraith)

So then I started the 1 mission with them proper,
    find the jagged helmet?
    But I'm in the dunegon place and come across a gate that I cant open,
    that burly nord chap keeps saying that I need to find a lever..
    I cant find one anywhere!

I took the glass dagger off the switch which opened up the wall and made my way into another room with a chest in it that I had to pull a chain to get access too.. the lever in there just seals that room..

I cant progress through past this gate.. I used clarvoyance to show the way and it just leads a path through a wall, tried breaking the wall with magic and weapons (including the glass dagger and nothing.. )

any ideas??

hypermuse wrote: »
    Also, another question.. not sure if glitch or me being retarded!!

I just joined the stormcloaks in windhelm and did the initiation mission whereby
    (you gotta kill some retarded icewraith)

So then I started the 1 mission with them proper,
    find the jagged helmet?
    But I'm in the dunegon place and come across a gate that I cant open,
    that burly nord chap keeps saying that I need to find a lever..
    I cant find one anywhere!

I took the glass dagger off the switch which opened up the wall and made my way into another room with a chest in it that I had to pull a chain to get access too.. the lever in there just seals that room..

I cant progress through past this gate.. I used clarvoyance to show the way and it just leads a path through a wall, tried breaking the wall with magic and weapons (including the glass dagger and nothing.. )

any ideas??
    Its at the back of the room, follow the path your on all the way around the room and its in the top right hand corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Still rolling with Marcurio instead of Lydia. Also have Shadowmere, but rarely use him. Fast travelled to a large bridge place (could be Valtheim) and the three of us started to whale on the lads there. The bandit chief came running down the stairs and attacked Marcurio and Shadowmere as I picked off the rest of the bandits. Somewhere along the line a stray slap must have been thrown because I looked down from the bridge to see my two amigos tearing lumps off each other :pac:. Turned away in disgust and hit 'wait' for three hours and they were STILL at it :(.

Hopped on SHadowmere and rode him up into the mountains at top speed, went back and got Marcurio, told him to wait and then follow me. It all seems to have been forgotten about now though, and 'we're the three best friends that anybody could have, we're the three best friends that anybody could have.....and we'll never ever ever leave each other'. Until the next time.:P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You have far too many active quests open..., there are 8 in that part of the compass how can you tell which one you are on ? :P

I tend to have them all active too. I don't want to trek out to the middle of nowhere to do one quest and not realise that I'm also close to somewhere I need to go for another quest. I use my custom blue marker to indicate where I need to go for the quest I've chosen to do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

mewso wrote: »
    I tend to have them all active too. I don't want to trek out to the middle of nowhere to do one quest and not realise that I'm also close to somewhere I need to go for another quest. I use my custom blue marker to indicate where I need to go for the quest I've chosen to do.

Great idea 50 odd hours and I not once did I think of doing this. :o

• Advertisement

Advertisement