Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

played it last night and within 3 hours i had to hard reboot the PS3 twice, each time i did the console told me it had to check the drive for errors as the system wasnt shut down properly. this is not what i want in a game and its the reason i stopped playing new vegas. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

I just entered Blackreach -
    wow this place is big.

Just chanced upon the entrance to it while on a Dark Brotherhood quest - I love how you stumple upon something entirely different during every quest. Anyway I needed a key and got it from a scholar in the far north along with a lexicon he wants me to use to collect knowledge for him. No idea what to do with it though.

Anyone complete it, do you get an elder scroll at the end or something. It must be here for a purpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

played it last night and within 3 hours i had to hard reboot the PS3 twice, each time i did the console told me it had to check the drive for errors as the system wasnt shut down properly. this is not what i want in a game and its the reason i stopped playing new vegas. :(

It's hardware issue with your PS3 either a corrupt hard disc or your bluray laser is failing, you can try this quick fix to see if it helps:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/2184764?start=0&tstart=0

You'll want to choose restore filesystem when your in the recovery menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I was in Blackreach yesterday too.

Its part of a Daedric quest that might also be attached the main quest.
    To get the Elder Scroll, you need a blank Lexicon, that you get at an outpost, really far north of Winterhold.

Anyways, I was lost down there for an age, hated the place, I thought I was just doing a normal Daedric quest, I didn't expect to be stuck down there for ages and ages, glad to be out that's for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

justryan wrote: »
    It's hardware issue with your PS3 either a corrupt hard disc or your bluray laser is failing, you can try this quick fix to see if it helps:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/2184764?start=0&tstart=0

You'll want to choose restore filesystem when your in the recovery menu.

that seems most likely as it is originally a 40gb phatboy. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Blackreach
    Dont kill anyone and turn on the Centurions and run!
    :D

Huge place, figured out the puzzle at the end, took me a while.

Elessar wrote: »
    wow this place is big.

Just chanced upon the entrance to it while on a Dark Brotherhood quest - I love how you stumple upon something entirely different during every quest. Anyway I needed a key and got it from a scholar in the far north along with a lexicon he wants me to use to collect knowledge for him. No idea what to do with it though.

Anyone complete it, do you get an elder scroll at the end or something. It must be here for a purpose?

Hope you brought the Lexicon with you when leaving :p

Ha, I did indeed, but I'm just exploring this enormous cavern before completing the quest.
    If you use unrelenting force on the ball of light it calls a dragon! Just as I left the building to fight him I see he is already engaged with a Giant who proceeds to beat the sh*t out of him :D I kill him a take the free dragon soul and all the money :D

Actually a little help on this lexicon puzzle please? I'm lost!

EDIT: Nevermind, random button pushing seemed to work, got me an
    Elder Scroll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

40 hours into the game (oh dear, only got it like 2 1/2 weeks ago :p) I fought my 1st and 2nd non-quest dragon :D

First one was getting mauled my a giant and a mammoth, second was a bit trickier because it was just me, on a mountain with very little cover.

One thing I really love about this game is how you can be running the short distance from A to B, find a random dungeon, and get sidetracked for an hour!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

What tickles my funny bone is murdering someone for the Brotherhood and afterwards I go for a walk so I can pick blue mountain flowers and catch butterflies for my health potions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Beruthiel wrote: »
    afterwards I go for a walk so I can pick blue mountain flowers and catch butterflies for my health potions. :)

What has become of Dovakin...the dragonborn...savious of Skyrim ?

Beruthiel wrote: »
    What tickles my funny bone is murdering someone for the Brotherhood and afterwards I go for a walk so I can pick blue mountain flowers and catch butterflies for my health potions. :)

Bring a companion and tell them to attack your target, walk into a bulding. Then whistle and innocently walk by, i only killed one target myself. Quickly leaving the area gets you 0 bounty if the companion does it.

Brilliant one in Windhelm
    some dudes daughter was murdered and i had to kill his other daughter, the game for some reason put both of them on the same street. Murdered her went and had a chat with him. He follows the path and finds his other daughter dead :D

So evil :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

wow this place is big.

I did the same thing as you.. I accidentally stumbled across it! Found your mans gaff up north by accident and ended up in blackwater!!

It was amazing!! I absolutely love the place! looks amazing and also you can harvest
    soul gems from geode veins!!
    Super cool!

Yea you do find
    an elder scroll
    down there!!

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I was in Blackreach yesterday too.

Its part of a Daedric quest that might also be attached the main quest.
    To get the Elder Scroll, you need a blank Lexicon, that you get at an outpost, really far north of Winterhold.

Anyways, I was lost down there for an age, hated the place, I thought I was just doing a normal Daedric quest, I didn't expect to be stuck down there for ages and ages, glad to be out that's for sure

How could you hate blackwater!! Really think its one of my favourite places! looks fantastic and so expansive!!

Beautiful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i was torn between hating it and loving it

it was so ****ing long.. i just wanted to get out of there, and it was so hard to navigate cos of the ****ing map not showing the entire area but it still looked amazing.

i remember i was just walking around, went into one of the buildings.. went through it blah blah blah and came out the other door

what do I see in front of me but a ****ing
    giant

in the middle of a huge city underground... I just stood there wondering what the hell he was up to and then I killed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Is there any reference guide to enchanting or a table?

Also a tabel ranking the difficculty of beastiary?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Anyone know the cheapest bricks-and-mortar price for Skyrim on PC? The muppets from Zaavi still haven't delivered my pre-order, and after me confirming I haven't received it, still haven't begun to ship a new one.

Ta,

P.

what do I see in front of me but a ****ing
    giant

what perplexed me was... how did he get in here????

hypermuse wrote: »
    what perplexed me was... how did he get in here????

hehehe, yeah. that made me wonder too.
    the best thing about that dungeon for me was
    i'd found one of the above ground lifts a day or two beforehand, and I knew it was something.. but i wasn't getting a map marker for discovering it which just made it seem even more mysterious. Then after wandering around blackreach for ****ing hours I step into one of the lift chambers and appear up top in the very same lift i'd found the few days before.

I was still smiling a half hour later

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

So many spoilers for stuff I haven't found yet! :)

It makes me happy that I've almost 50 hours racked up so far and any time I come into this thread I've no idea about the places or quests people are discussing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

hypermuse wrote: »
    How could you hate blackwater!! Really think its one of my favourite places! looks fantastic and so expansive!!

Beautiful

Because, I was only in that mine to get the Daedric artifact, I wasn't expecting Blackwater, I was thinking, Where the ***k am I now? and where the ***k is this artifact? :pac::pac::pac:

hehehe, yeah. that made me wonder too.
    the best thing about that dungeon for me was
    i'd found one of the above ground lifts a day or two beforehand, and I knew it was something.. but i wasn't getting a map marker for discovering it which just made it seem even more mysterious. Then after wandering around blackreach for ****ing hours I step into one of the lift chambers and appear up top in the very same lift i'd found the few days before.

I was still smiling a half hour later

yea same here!! I figured when I found them that you needed a key or something to get in.. When I got the lifts up I was like... ooohhhh I see now!! I didnt have a breeze what they were for when I 1st discovered them!
    Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Because, I was only in that mine to get the Daedric artifact, I wasn't expecting Blackwater, I was thinking, Where the ***k am I now? and where the ***k is this artifact? :pac::pac::pac:

It is a pretty big place and the lack of a decent sized map doesn't make it easy!! It literally didn't leave until I had explored each and every part of that place!! needless to say I put a whole day into trundling about there!! Constantly transfixed by the beautiful colours and dark black corners! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

**** you Crimson Nirnroot is all i'll say.

i got about 15 of them before I realised what i was doing

no matter how many times I play skyrim, that is one quest I will never finish

Is that 24 jewel quest possible?

The one for 3 is hard enough, thoughts of 24 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I got so far but with 100 sneak, light armor, bow, enchant and smithing i was a god so im restarting Destruct illusion and alteration with no power leveling mebbe i'll get to the end this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I don't get why there's so many power levelling videos on Youtube, iron daggers, unlimited money, fast archery etc.. Play and enjoy the game, makes getting to a high level or killing a hard boss that more rewarding :)

First time I've actually wanted to leave class early to go home and play Skyrim :o

A week off work and Skyrim mix well together :D

I've been playing since early this morning and only just had a break to shower and eat aaaaand now back to Skyrim :D

I was a greedy boy and used the
    Oghma Infinitum book cheat
    to level up a few times really quick. No more though, don't want to ruin the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I don't get why there's so many power levelling videos on Youtube, iron daggers, unlimited money, fast archery etc.. Play and enjoy the game, makes getting to a high level or killing a hard boss that more rewarding :)

First time I've actually wanted to leave class early to go home and play Skyrim :o

This below:
    I was a greedy boy and used the
    Oghma Infinitum book cheat
    to level up a few times really quick. No more though, don't want to ruin the game :)

You already have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I have a white horse named Frost. I stole him from Black Briar manor as part of a thief's guild quest. Instead of giving him away to the guy I stole him for I just killed the guy and took the horse for myself:P

The horse is an idiot though. It ran away a few times on me when I was being attacked by a dragon. Yesterday I jumped off the horse near Solitude. The horse then ran into the river to attack 2 mudcrads and ended up getting pincered to death. This meant I had to reload a previous save:mad:

Advertisement