Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Nope. I got a few extra levels from it and then put it down. Game is not ruined at all for me :)

Does anyone know if
    the daedric god who contacts you after getting the inside the cube ever contacts you again for work? I said I would serve him but haven't heard anything since I got the book

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I don't get why there's so many power levelling videos on Youtube, iron daggers, unlimited money, fast archery etc.. Play and enjoy the game, makes getting to a high level or killing a hard boss that more rewarding :)

First time I've actually wanted to leave class early to go home and play Skyrim :o

Ya its taken me 70hrs to get my level 100 Archery, Sneak took about 55hrs, I was just playing it and enjoying it.

One shotting Giants now....not that I should be, poor peaceful idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

You already have.

No need to be so arrogant and judgemental, not everyone shares your opinions

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm after losing janessa so I can't recruit a new companion,anyway to fix this? I was in a tomb and got teleported out but she never came with me,I went back in to look for her but now sign of her :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I'm after losing janessa so I can't recruit a new companion,anyway to fix this? I was in a tomb and got teleported out but she never came with me,I went back in to look for her but now sign of her :(

I presume your are playing on the PC? Type the following two commands in the console window, should bring her back to you (Got RefId from here).

prid 000E1BA9
    moveto player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just finished the main plotline, but I've still to do the Companions, Thieves and Brotherhood as well as numerous side quests.

I will say this. Dragon Armour rocks. It rocks hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

No need to be so arrogant and judgemental, not everyone shares your opinions

I respect other people's opinions and freedom to make their own choices in life. Likewise its my opinion he has ruined the game for himself, I dont see the point in cheating myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I've lost Lydia.Been prob at least a week in game that shes gone now.Tried waiting day after day does not reappear in Dragonsreach.Dont own a house so shes not there.Do have a wife so i checked her house.not there either.Last time i think she was with me was Forelhost.Ran through that again ,no sign :(.She has so much dragon scales + bones :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I respect other people's opinions and freedom to make their own choices in life. Likewise its my opinion he has ruined the game for himself, I dont see the point in cheating myself.

No one cares dude.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

marco_polo wrote: »
    I presume your are playing on the PC? Type the following two commands in the console window, should bring her back to you (Got RefId from here).

prid 000E1BA9
    moveto player

I am indeed,thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

game's next to unplayable on harder difficulties with magic being broken now, can't take any spell without a tonne of potions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I am indeed,thanks for that.

Actually the leading 0's dont matter so even E1BA9.moveto player should do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Why not ? You can recruit as many companions as you like surely ?
    I have lydia, that mjoll girl.. (she's my wife and can't even remember her name)...ehh...Cicero, some mage in Dawnstar and a few others scattered around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

The horse is an idiot though. It ran away a few times on me when I was being attacked by a dragon. Yesterday I jumped off the horse near Solitude. The horse then ran into the river to attack 2 mudcrads and ended up getting pincered to death. This meant I had to reload a previous save:mad:

thumb1_514bc54934a4460b97733b39c2ad8626.jpg

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I have lydia, that mjoll girl.. (she's my wife and can't even remember her name)...ehh...Cicero, some mage in Dawnstar and a few others scattered around.

I thought you could have only one follower ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I thought you could have only one follower ?

From what I've seen yeah ,if you ask another follower to help you, they`ll say they can't cause you're not alone. Same as FO3 i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

nuxxx wrote: »
    From what I've seen yeah ,if you ask another follower to help you, they`ll say they can't cause you're not alone. Same as FO3 i guess

i know a before the patch if you started a quest which somebody followed you in and never finished it you could start another quest of the same type and have a few followers don't know if it still works after the patch though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I havent seen any dragons since the patch well maybe two, i seen some flying but i havent had any come down to fight me about a week i have loads of shouts i cant unlock because the dragons appear to have returned to where they came from. :(

games been freezing my ps3 and giving me a corrupted hard drive thing aswell which has never happened ever this games insanely fkd on the ps3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

SeantheMan wrote: »

Ha! Fair dues for hacking him man,
    I couldn't put a knife in him quick enough when I got the chance!
    :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Kiith wrote: »
    **** you Crimson Nirnroot is all i'll say.

I've found 15 of those fukers and am fed up trying to find the rest.
    Is it worth getting the 30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Beruthiel wrote: »

I did purely coz I loved exploring the place, was trying to find as many of those geode veins as I could
    (mine yourself some black gems?? thank you very much I think I will)
    but honestly don't think its work it..

You bring the 30
    crimson nirnroots
    to the women who owns
    the nirnroot farm
    and that's the end of it pretty much!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Beruthiel wrote: »

I found 27 of them, and couldn't find the last 3. Kept hearing the noise from them, but just couldn't find them. Bloody frustrating. They are now in my ingredients press along with half the ingredients in Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Kiith wrote: »
    I found 27 of them, and couldn't find the last 3. Kept hearing the noise from them, but just couldn't find them. Bloody frustrating. They are now in my ingredients press along with half the ingredients in Skyrim.

Really.. I found 40! :D I can lend you some if you like :pac:

I'm the same.. have a barrel in solitude jammed full of ingredients! keep saying I'll make loads of potions one day but I already have over 100,000 gold so dont need to!!

Its great now not having to worry bout being over-encumbered as I don't pick anything (weapons etc) to sell anymore anyway! I'll prob blast through the game now that I've less wheeling and dealing to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Varik wrote: »
    game's next to unplayable on harder difficulties with magic being broken now, can't take any spell without a tonne of potions.

Noticed I am getting my ass handed to me now while up against magical opponents.

I am playing as a Nord, so Frost damage used not be a problem, now, I just see my health bar shrink to almost nothing with attacked by frost wielding foes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Is anyone playing the ps3 version ..i heard if you play it to 60-80 hour mark the game becomes unplayable ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

So I've completed the Dark Brotherhood and Companions quests. Not much interested in the thieves guild quests but I'll give them a shot. So what's left, generally?

Mages guild (not much of a magic person)?
    After that, is it just the random quests you encounter in towns/pubs and the main quest to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Elessar wrote: »
    So I've completed the Dark Brotherhood and Companions quests. Not much interested in the thieves guild quests but I'll give them a shot. So what's left, generally?

Mages guild (not much of a magic person)?
    After that, is it just the random quests you encounter in towns/pubs and the main quest to do?

foresworn questline starts in markarth (sp?)

then you have to become thane in all the holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

I'm getting quite attached to Lydia, she's helped get me out of quite a few scraps.

But last night,when dealing with the Magical Entities attacking Winterhold, she disappeared.

I went back home to Whiterun to see if she was there (mournful music now playing in the backround)

I found out when I returned to Winterhold. A sad pile of ash was all that was left of her at the site of the battle. Nooooo!

Three times I fought the magical entities until I manged to avoid pokerizing Lydia (which is what I was doing with destruction magic while attempting to kill the flying thingies), but all is now well again.Lydia lives to fight another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Is anyone playing the ps3 version ..i heard if you play it to 60-80 hour mark the game becomes unplayable ...

i'm on about 55 hours or so. and i havent touched it in 2 days. framerate is a big issue after playing for about an hour and if i continue playing it will then freeze on me. have to reset the PS3 by holding the button down on the console and then more then likely as you didnt shut it down properly it has to check the drive for errors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i'm on about 55 hours or so. and i havent touched it in 2 days. framerate is a big issue after playing for about an hour and if i continue playing it will then freeze on me. have to reset the PS3 by holding the button down on the console and then more then likely as you didnt shut it down properly it has to check the drive for errors.

thanks .. bit disgraceful they knew the ps3 version had problems , yet they brought it out instead of fixing the problems first

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/328414/skyrim-ps3-fix-would-require-large-time-commitment-claims-fallout-dev/

Advertisement