Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

I HATE the draugr death overlord in Soljund Sinkhole. I dive in thinking "kill a few handy draugr, get some rewards, home for supper". Like f@#? i was. Getting my ass handed to me by him. Not happy at all with this. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,469 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

PauloConn wrote: »
    I HATE the draugr death overlord in Soljund Sinkhole. I dive in thinking "kill a few handy draugr, get some rewards, home for supper". Like f@#? i was. Getting my ass handed to me by him. Not happy at all with this. :(
    Better get used to it - that's the format of nearly all the Skyrim dungeons; easy-medium skill enemies for most of the labyrinth, with the final room containing a boss level character. In the case of Draugr-infested dungeons, that nearly always means a deathlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Bah! I think my Companions quest is glitched! The very first proper quest was to clear some place of mages. But I had already done that (passed the location on my travels and when ghosts started attacking me, I was intrigued) and my quest marker now leads me to a dead body, telling me to kill it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Sneaking and Backstab is the way to go.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

pixelburp wrote: »
    Better get used to it - that's the format of nearly all the Skyrim dungeons; easy-medium skill enemies for most of the labyrinth, with the final room containing a boss level character. In the case of Draugr-infested dungeons, that nearly always means a deathlord.

Every Draugr is a Deathlord when I go into a dungeon now, either that or a Draugr Wraith or something.

I had to fight 6 Deathlords at the same time, I am sneaky archer, and my companion insisted on waking up all the Draugr. It was a tough fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

pixelburp wrote: »

Yeah, i suppose its all part of the leveling up process. It happens so quick. 1 day, you killing skeevers, the next its blood dragons and deathlords. Wish they'd not be so 3-strikes-and-your-dead. Like, gimme a chance or at least something to put between myself and them. And the helper is no use at all, even when i send her in as bait!!!
    Anyway, just need to practice away at it and hope i hit some nice combo of sneak / magic / archery / hacking

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cml387 wrote: »
    I'm getting quite attached to Lydia, she's helped get me out of quite a few scraps.

But last night,when dealing with the Magical Entities attacking Winterhold, she disappeared.

I went back home to Whiterun to see if she was there (mournful music now playing in the backround)

I found out when I returned to Winterhold. A sad pile of ash was all that was left of her at the site of the battle. Nooooo!

Three times I fought the magical entities until I manged to avoid pokerizing Lydia (which is what I was doing with destruction magic while attempting to kill the flying thingies), but all is now well again.Lydia lives to fight another day.

I'm, 30 hrs in and still have her, I'll reload if she dies , gotten used to her now, sick of her giving me lip when I get her to carry my dragon scales though "sigh...I'm sworn to carry your burdens..." damn right you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

krudler wrote: »
    I'm, 30 hrs in and still have her, I'll reload if she dies , gotten used to her now, sick of her giving me lip when I get her to carry my dragon scales though "sigh...I'm sworn to carry your burdens..." damn right you are!

If you marry someone else she stays in your house still, even if not your companion. She like to sit and watch when I'm asleep beside Mjoll in bed. Bit of a voyeur is my Lydia :P ...I'm lvl 45 and she's still around...watching me...planning to kill my missus I think :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Got bored as it kept freezing whenever I tried to enter Riften, so I decided to arse around for a bit and record a video.

May contain some Dark Brotherhood spoilers!

Click 'CC' and Transcribe Audio for extra fun.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

hypermuse wrote: »
    You bring the 30
    crimson nirnroots
    to the women who owns
    the nirnroot farm
    and that's the end of it pretty much!

Soooo not worth the effort!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm levl 39 Warrior and i'm having no difficulty with the Draugr Deathlords. Epic Ebony Armor (28% One-Handed, 22 Stamina, 22% Magicka Regen) with Epic Ebony Waraxe (% chance to paralise) and Epic Ebony Shield (22% Fortify Blocking) and i just soul trap (60 sec), bash, cut, cut, rinse, repeat.

My only problem is bastards that use Magic, i've high health but it drains so quick against Magic-weilding enemies since the patch. Was a bastard to kill Knossis (?), he kept backing off and raping me with lightening. Eventually knocked him off the side of the cliff and followed him down the steep incine while hacking away! Fook you Knossis!!!

Hope they fix the issues soon, sick of seeing dragons around and them flying away. Only fought 2 since the patch and thats because they were minding a word of power.

I'm levl 39 Warrior and i'm having no difficulty with the Draugr Deathlords. Epic Ebony Armor (28% One-Handed, 22 Stamina, 22% Magicka Regen) with Epic Ebony Waraxe (% chance to paralise) and Epic Ebony Shield (22% Fortify Blocking) and i just soul trap (60 sec), bash, cut, cut, rinse, repeat.

My only problem is bastards that use Magic, i've high health but it drains so quick against Magic-weilding enemies since the patch. Was a bastard to kill Knossis (?), he kept backing off and raping me with lightening. Eventually knocked him off the side of the cliff and followed him down the steep incine while hacking away! Fook you Knossis!!!

Hope they fix the issues soon, sick of seeing dragons around and them flying away. Only fought 2 since the patch and thats because they were minding a word of power.

Go to the ebony mine, get the ebony ingots.
    Go to Mehrunes Daegon shrine...get 4 daedra hearts
    Go to Elf in Mage college - get 2 daedra hearts
    Make Daedra armor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Question about companions.

Been getting Aktar (i think) to follow me around and be a sort of an equipment mule for me. Wanna do a Daedric quest where I have to
    sacrifice a follower to a pillar and dont wanna sacrifice Aktar.
    Can I tell him to go our separate ways and then pick him back up and will he have all the equipment with him? Where will he be? Where I found him in Solitude (i think) or in my house in whiterun?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I was a tank up to level 30, then i switched to a sneak style. Still piss easy with both on Master.

sacrifice a follower to a pillar and dont wanna sacrifice Aktar.
    Can I tell him to go our separate ways and then pick him back up and will he have all the equipment with him? Where will he be? Where I found him in Solitude (i think) or in my house in whiterun?

I can't answer the first part of your question, but, my hubby and companion Macurio will always return to our home.
    I have 4 houses and I had to tell him which one was our home, this is the one they will return to and you can tell them to wait there for you.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I can't answer the first part of your question, but, my hubby and companion Macurio will always return to our home.
    I have 4 houses and I had to tell him which one was our home, this is the one they will return to and you can tell them to wait there for you.
    Thanks for that. Think I'll make a hard save and give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Doing the Dark Brotherhood questline right now. I was going to do the Thieves Guild first, but then Brynjolf decided he was never going to move from the market in Riften so I can't start it - hopefully they fix that soon. :(

Anyway, DB questline is very good so far. Spent a bit of time questing yesterday and then decided to finish up with some smithing. So I collect all my smithing gear from my house...start smelting, smithing etc and then the game hangs. Bollix. So reset the PS3 and start it again, after doing a bunch more smithing it hangs again. So I quit and go to bed.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Thanks for that. Think I'll make a hard save and give it a go.

Once you tell them to sling their hook, they start walking to their homepoint afaik. Could you do that near your house in Whiterun, and see if they walk to it, or towards the exit ('To Skyrim')? If to the exit, run up to them and have them follow. Then you just do the same in Solitude etc

I have 4 houses.

Mentioning houses. I don't know how to get the one in Windhelm.
    I joined the Imperials and am a Dark Elf.
    I don't think I'm liked much round that particular town.

Mentioning houses. I don't know how to get the one in Windhelm.
    I joined the Imperials and am a Dark Elf.
    I don't think I'm liked much round that particular town.

You need to do the Stormcloak missions as far as I know to be offered one by Ulrics steward.
    Dunno how it works for the Imperial route

They offer you the abandoned house where the murder was....maybe you have to solve that mission first ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You need to do the Stormcloak missions as far as I know to be offered one by Ulrics steward.
    Dunno how it works for the Imperial route

They offer you the abandoned house where the murder was....maybe you have to solve that mission first ?

I did missions for the jarl in solitude to get offered the house there but its 25000 so havent bothered yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

This thread saddens me.:( I'm still waiting for my replacement graphics card to arrive, the company have gotten many angrily worded emails off me. Probably sounds like nonsense to them though, "I haven't killed a dragon in a week. My nirnroot supplies are dwindling and my alchemy levels are absolutely ****e. Give me the bloody graphics card already or I shall use a paralysis spell on your staff...." Hope they don't take it as a threat. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,835 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

looks like us PS3ers are screwed in regards to getting a fix for the lag. I'm only about 10 hours in so i'm not affected yet thankfully.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/328414/skyrim-ps3-fix-would-require-large-time-commitment-claims-fallout-dev/

VinLieger wrote: »
    I did missions for the jarl in solitude to get offered the house there but its 25000 so havent bothered yet

I think it's 12, but you can buy it if you only have 8 or 9k in your pocket

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I think it's 12, but you can buy it if you only have 8 or 9k in your pocket
    I bought the one in Solitude for 25000.

I bought the one in Solitude for 25000.

Not a fan of Solitude. Not been back since I did some DB missions there.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I have 4 houses .

Well I have a house, a very big house in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sheehy83 wrote: »
    looks like us PS3ers are screwed in regards to getting a fix for the lag. I'm only about 10 hours in so i'm not affected yet thankfully.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/328414/skyrim-ps3-fix-would-require-large-time-commitment-claims-fallout-dev/

load of bullsh1t, I'm at level 14 20 odd hours in and its ok for the most part but gets laggy in big areas. my save file is only 6mb though so christ knows what it'll be like later.

if I'd have known this would happen I would have gotten the 360 one, but gahhhh, I dont wanna start all over again :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

sheehy83 wrote: »

What he describes is the fundamental way in which the engine operates and is the same across all three platforms, if fact you can actually use save files from one platform on another with very little or no effort. So there is absolutely no way that core engine mechanics could be possibly changed at this point (Also his proposed solution would instantly render every current save game on all platforms absolutely useless).

It is also really the key feature of the engine that makes the game so modifiable, as the mechanics of loading mod/DLC files are pretty well identical to that of a save game. The main game file loads followed by mod/dlc files which have the effect of changing, adding and removing items/NPC/locations etc from the static game world. Finally the users save game itself loads which updates what you have actually done to those items/npcs during gameplay.

The same basic loading mechanism has been in place probably since Morrowind days, and while the PS3 versions of Fallout 3 and New Vegas for example were probably the least polished versions out of the three platforms, they didn't suffer from anything like the game breaking lag that is being seen in Skyrim currently.

While he is correct in one respect, previous PS3 versions of other games have been perfectly playable while employing the same basic save game mechanism, so I can see no real reason why the same should not be possible for Skyrim, without the need to go rewriting half the game engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Thats shltty about the lag issue. I'm playing this on a lap top that manages a decent frame rate at :p 800x500. Some of the landscape scenery is breathtaking. I can only imagine what its like maxed out.

That said as long as the gameplay is there I'm happy.

Advertisement