Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

pf7Us.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

this was pretty much the coolest part of any game ive played this gen, just struggled up to the top of a mountain to find this

2011120600001v.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

If that's Shearpoint, and your low-level... RUN LIKE FUDGE!
    The Dragon might be ok.. but it's not the only thing up there...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

this was pretty much the coolest part of any game ive played this gen, just struggled up to the top of a mountain to find this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

wheres that?

was at the top of some mountain, dont know exactly where but i learnt the shout throw from it, and there was this hard as feck spirit thing that i had to fight straight after the dragon....all on the hardest difficulty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

was at the top of some mountain, dont know exactly where but i learnt the shout throw from it, and there was this hard as feck spirit thing that i had to fight straight after the dragon....all on the hardest difficulty

That happened to be me, when i was quite a low level, i just absorbed the Thu'um and pegged it down the moutainside away from it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Crosáidí wrote: »
    That happened to be me, when i was quite a low level, i just absorbed the Thu'um and pegged it down the moutainside away from it

I find that a solid tactic, outnumbered.... got what i wanted....run like fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I find that a solid tactic, outnumbered.... got what i wanted....run like fcuk.

Pfft, I fight like a man Hide in the shadows and lob arrows at them! :(

my usual tactif for dragons is pelt them with arrows til they land and then change to healing in one hand and posioned mace in the other, heal and batter until said dragon is dead, absorb soul, revel in fact some villagers saw it happen and now I'm the town badass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

God damn im in a tough oul dungeon Forelhost fighting a dragon cult (its down by Riften) i just happened across it and some imperial made me go in because hes to important to the war... bastard. Could of used an oul hand and my flame atrianoch isnt cutting it.
    Kill Drugr wright/save and repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I gotta say. I really like what the Skyrim community has done with the FUS RO DAH! meme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

So im about 40 hours in, playing a fairly straight-up warrior - one handed, shield, heavy armour, smithing, enchanting. Not a lot of development in sneaking, archery or magic. Up to now I've been mostly doing random quests and dungeons and some Companion quests. Just started the Thieves Guild quest line tonight and completed the first main quest -
    breaking into the honey farm place on the island outside the city
    , and found it quite difficult.

Is it possible to complete the guild quest lines regardless of what class you've gone for? Will I be able to do the Thieves and Mages quests or should I just ignore them until I roll another character on my next play through?

I had been trying to complete that thieves mission undetected but in the end I killed 2 mercenaries. I thought this would fail the mission for me or at least result in a telling off about not being stealthy, but it didn't seem to have an affect. So if I'm crap at stealth could I just kill my through the missions?

Branoic wrote: »
    So im about 40 hours in, playing a fairly straight-up warrior - one handed, shield, heavy armour, smithing, enchanting. Not a lot of development in sneaking, archery or magic. Up to now I've been mostly doing random quests and dungeons and some Companion quests. Just started the Thieves Guild quest line tonight and completed the first main quest -
    breaking into the honey farm place on the island outside the city
    , and found it quite difficult.

Is it possible to complete the guild quest lines regardless of what class you've gone for? Will I be able to do the Thieves and Mages quests or should I just ignore them until I roll another character on my next play through?

I had been trying to complete that thieves mission undetected but in the end I killed 2 mercenaries. I thought this would fail the mission for me or at least result in a telling off about not being stealthy, but it didn't seem to have an affect. So if I'm crap at stealth could I just kill my through the missions?
    Nah you dont need to be a theif to do the theives guild nor a mage to be in the college you get everything you need in the college and you can talk your way past gaurds in a later theives guild mission until your past the first room then you can murder everyone.

thats commitment

308747_10150907935720341_781555340_21649652_71274702_n.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,469 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Interesting: someone's trying to play the game as a pacifist. So that's no killing of anything, even the undead:

http://kotaku.com/5865615/hes-level-9-in-skyrim-he-hasnt-killed-anything

That's gotta be tough all the same, and quite limiting on the type & number of quests you can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I gotta say. I really like what the Skyrim community has done with the FUS RO DAH! meme

another

pixelburp wrote: »
    Interesting: someone's trying to play the game as a pacifist. So that's no killing of anything, even the undead:

That's gotta be tough all the same, and quite limiting on the type & number of quests you can take.

interesting, no dark brotherhood missions for him then. and dont accidentally let a flame spell or something go in a village lol

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You need to do the Stormcloak missions as far as I know to be offered one by Ulrics steward.
    Dunno how it works for the Imperial route

They offer you the abandoned house where the murder was....maybe you have to solve that mission first ?

You have to wipe out the Stormcloaks so there is an Imperial sided Jarl controlling it.
    I think it's 12, but you can buy it if you only have 8 or 9k in your pocket

Its 25k the 12k one is in Windhelm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

You have far too many active quests open..., there are 8 in that part of the compass how can you tell which one you are on ? :P

Method to my madness, to stop me forgetting about misc. ones so I keep a handful open. Especially ones that would happen to be near wherever I am or going.

Messy, but it works :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Method to my madness, to stop me forgetting about misc. ones so I keep a handful open. Especially ones that would happen to be near wherever I am or going.

Messy, but it works :pac:

Misc quests are such a feckin pain. I hate their layout.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »

Good lord :eek: I doubt those illusion spells work very well on Ancient Dragons though.

Edit: Still in that bloody dungeon... mages kinda suck :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,469 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Good lord :eek: I doubt those illusion spells work very well on Ancient Dragons though.

Edit: Still in that bloody dungeon... mages kinda suck :D
    I presume he's like myself & hasn't started the main questline yet, so no dragons for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

That spirit was one of the
    8 dragon priests, Krosis if im not mistaken, they all drop masks that are pretty awesome by themselves but you can combine all 8 of them to make an uber mask

Just had a fight with one of those priests after a poxy dungeon... mage is hard but i got him by the skin of me teeth.

Crosáidí wrote: »

i think i was around level 14, spirit thing fell down the side of the mountain so i conjured some antoraches and familiars to soften him up a bit lobbed him with some arrows and finished him with a dwarven axe :D great craic, although on a 1 v 1 fight without lydia on flat ground i would have got owned

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

krudler wrote: »
    thats commitment

308747_10150907935720341_781555340_21649652_71274702_n.jpg

I was looking at that and was tempted to get it myself, not as big mind, but then i remembered that the Imperials use it as their symbol at their camps, so fook that! :P

three times I've gone Winterhold and three times a dragons attacked it, they have a serious beef with that town lol it wasnt the same dragon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,835 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bethesda says it has been 'reaching out' to a number of PS3 users with save files that have been experiencing issues.
    Here's the full statement:

"While the 1.2 update fixed the long-term play issues for most PS3 users, we are aware that is not the case for some. We've been reaching out to a number of those users to collect save games, so we can take a look at their specific issues. Right now we know it's not one thing, but a combination of smaller ones that some folks are seeing, but others are not. Some seem to be the PS3 autosaving in the background (you can turn that off), some may be SPU AI updates, and some may relate to dynamic system memory allocation.
    "These fixes are not in the current 1.3 update that is in final testing, but will be in future ones. We understand how frustrating it can be when your game is having issues, and we thank all of you for your continued feedback and patience. Rest assured we take your gameplay experience seriously and will continue working on this until it's resolved."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Advertisement