Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Last nIght I typed a code Into the cOnsole that made a load of dragons appear 'twas crazy :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I used to be a birdwatcher like you but then I took a sparrow in the knee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Did they fly backwards in circles and not land or attack you ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Did they fly backwards in circles and not land or attack you ?

no flying backwards,they landed and attacked people and one even picked a guy up with his mouth and shaked him side to side and threw him somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Bethesda says it has been 'reaching out' to a number of PS3 users with save files that have been experiencing issues.
    Here's the full statement:

My game autosaves in the background, if that's a potential cause of the frame rate drop and other issues I may turn it off, I tend to save it myself every 15 mins or before I enter a boss room etc :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

was at the top of some mountain, dont know exactly where but i learnt the shout throw from it, and there was this hard as feck spirit thing that i had to fight straight after the dragon....all on the hardest difficulty

Krosis.

I was feeling pretty cocky after I killed that dragon. Up until the lid blew off the coffin and I got my face blown off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Jumpy wrote: »
    Krosis.

I was feeling pretty cocky after I killed that dragon. Up until the lid blew off the coffin and I got my face blown off.

yeah if it wasnt for him falling off the mountain and me having monsters attacking him while i peppered him with arrows/magic his fire balls would have destroyed me, harder than the dragon tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Jumpy wrote: »
    Krosis.

A great mask. 20% increase to
    lockpicking, archery and alteration spells
    . I have three of those masks. Would mind picking them all up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

If that's Shearpoint, and your low-level... RUN LIKE FUDGE!
    The Dragon might be ok.. but it's not the only thing up there...

That was one of the first places I went to so was like level 5 or 6, barely killed the Dragon and then that fecker appeared. Came back later and thoroughly whooped his ass though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

He was a bastard alright. I just hopped and rolled about the place, firing arrows. Took forever! It was (and still is) the first mask I have, and it's definitely handy for the route I took. Luckyyyyyyyy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Came accross a Whispmother last night...didn't know they were in the game as had played 50 hours and not seen anything of the sort..

Then I seen 2 jellyfish things flyin around and I stopped and looked at them for 2 mins...absolutely beautiful things :D ..until something (whispmother) slapped me around

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Patch 1.3 just installed for me on steam. Haven't tried it yet but fingers crossed for dragons that actually attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

25hrs in and I finally meet an orc, was wondering when they'd turn up, damn loading screen teasing me with them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

mewso wrote: »
    Patch 1.3 just installed for me on steam. Haven't tried it yet but fingers crossed for dragons that actually attack.

What does this patch break then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Burgo wrote: »

Me entire game it seems, can't get past the launcher anymore. Argh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,469 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well here are the patch notes anyway; apparently the PS3 and xBox get their patches later. God I hope they've fixed the stuttering / freezing problem that happens outdoors.

Update 1.3 Notes (all platforms unless specified)

General stability improvements
    Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
    Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
    Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
    Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
    Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
    Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate

ughh this better not fook up my ini tweeks/mods :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Burgo wrote: »
    It broke water for me, patch updated and I start it up and any lakes I come across have textrures missing and basically are invisible. I will get the swimming animations but it's like I'm floating in mid air above the bottom of the lake.
    At least it doesn't break the game or affect my play but it's the first bug I've come across on the PC.

anyone else getting a weird shimmering shadows bug every 6 seconds or so? its nothing game breaking but its beginning to get on my nerves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone see the official guide for a reasonable price anywhere?? Seems to be sold out most places...

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

God damn this Krosis chap is hard :eek:

one tough cookie alright, if you can get him to fall off the mountain he is easier though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I cant get near him, he just throws a massive fireball that kills me in one, Ive been hiding behind the word wall using stormcall but it takes ages to cool down.
    My skills just arent up to it :(

you have a companion with you? its always handy to have something to distract in the hard fights while you lay the pain down :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

one tough cookie alright, if you can get him to fall off the mountain he is easier though

That'll just make him mad :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Lafortezza wrote: »
    It broke water for me, patch updated and I start it up and any lakes I come across have textrures missing and basically are invisible. I will get the swimming animations but it's like I'm floating in mid air above the bottom of the lake.
    At least it doesn't break the game or affect my play but it's the first bug I've come across on the PC.

Just checked my game there and looks fine. By coincidence I had just installed the iCCC Enb while following this guide here - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11. This guy is constantly updating this page with a recommended setup. All I did was the iCCC (step 1) and the ini tweaks (step 5). I already had the 4GB launcher which is essential for anyone on PC imo (step 6). It looks fantastic and water is fine. Might be worth a go.

At the very least folks if you are playing this on PC install the 4GB lancher (which has not been broken by patch 1.3 thankfully).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

What happens if you decide to go ahead with killing the emperor when you are with the dark brotherhood.
    Does it have any effect on the main quest as I assume you bump into him again via Ulric.
    Does it matter at all.

Spoiler that please cursai. I haven't completed the DB quests so I didn't know that was coming up. I'm not going to froth at the mouth over you mentioning it but it would be best if you spoilered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Runinlong

Edit.

Ignore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

mewso wrote: »
    Spoiler that please cursai. I haven't completed the DB quests so I didn't know that was coming up. I'm not going to froth at the mouth over you mentioning it but it would be best if you spoilered it.

+1
    Haven't done the DB quests also.
    Please spoiler it cursai.

Advertisement