Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

mewso wrote: »
    Spoiler that please cursai. I haven't completed the DB quests so I didn't know that was coming up. I'm not going to froth at the mouth over you mentioning it but it would be best if you spoilered it.

Oops sorry thought I was the only Dragonborn!

Spoiler that please cursai. I haven't completed the DB quests so I didn't know that was coming up. I'm not going to froth at the mouth over you mentioning it but it would be best if you spoilered it.

Dont actually know if it occurs or just an ambition on the dark brotherhoods part. Reason being: Would it not affect the entire plot to have it happen so early in the quest. And i'm very early in the quest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just checked my game there and looks fine. By coincidence I had just installed the iCCC Enb while following this guide here - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11. This guy is constantly updating this page with a recommended setup. All I did was the iCCC (step 1) and the ini tweaks (step 5). I already had the 4GB launcher which is essential for anyone on PC imo (step 6). It looks fantastic and water is fine. Might be worth a go.

At the very least folks if you are playing this on PC install the 4GB lancher (which has not been broken by patch 1.3 thankfully).

what does the launcher do?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it allows the game to use 4gb of ram as opposed to 2gb
    i'm not sure what the benefits are though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

cursai wrote: »
    What happens if you decide to go ahead with killing the emperor when you are with the dark brotherhood.
    Does it have any effect on the main quest as I assume you bump into him again via Ulric.
    Does it matter at all.
    Nothing to do with main quest, i killed him dead real fcukin dead :D

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with main quest, i killed him dead real fcukin dead :D

Cheers big ears. I too shall take his life and continue my quest as THE chosen Dragonborn!
    ReallyGayCostume.jpg

Thats not me......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cursai wrote: »

Thats not me......

o_O Sure it's not.....................:-P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Skerries wrote: »

Some people seem to be getting less crashes running it, I am not sure why it but seems to be helping even with an unmodded games (maybe memory leak in certain circumstances or something like that) as I haven't seen the game stray too much over 1 GB usage myself or had many crashes so I haven't needed to use the LAA patch myself. Certainly if you were running alot of mods that increase memory usage such very high quality textures and increased draw distances then it would be very useful.

Bethesda have announced that going to patch in a 4GB enabled exe officially next week anyways so it must be doing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Getting so frustrated with the PS3 crashes now that I'm considering just buying it for PC.

I turned off ALL autosaves, cleared up a bunch of memory and it still crashes after roughly an hour's play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Does anyone get this weird glitch on ps3 where when they run it's in a big burst sporadically? only noticed it tonight..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Does anyone get this weird glitch on ps3 where when they run it's in a big burst sporadically? only noticed it tonight..

sounds like a shout :)

Headshot wrote: »
    sounds like a shout :)

No it's definitely not :p

Going to turn off autosave, clear non-used saves etc to see if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kingofthehill

Skerries wrote: »

I've been using this for about the past week and haven't had a single crash. The game became unplayable before using this as it would exit to the desktop without warning at completely random times.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Anyone else getting worse Crash-To-Desktop issues since this patch came in? Went from getting about 1 crash very seldomly to now a crash almost every 10 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

No one else find New vegas better than this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

BrianG23 wrote: »

FUS RO DAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

You mad?

Anyways, nearly have my Enchanting at 100 now, so I will be enchanting my Daedric armour set, what enchants are best for heavy armour do ye think?

What did ye do?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,469 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

God no. Skyrim is the knees of the bee.

• Advertisement

I found the level scaling too much...again. The combat system still sucks and the quests are still pretty bad. Dragons are repetitive too. I'm shocked I feel this way to be honest. Initially I thought it was better but then it lost it's charm after I realized the scaling was still messed up. I'll give it another chance some time but for the moment I feel new vegas is better.

Edit---Oh and the factions...Zero roleplaying. No allegiance besides Stormcloaks and imperials. Also, no one recognises you. You join the DB, or winterhold, and they're the only ones who don't know you're the dragonborn who hunts ****ing dragons and saved the world. It's just...no
    Oh yeah, the shouts are cool but that doesn't make up for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Leeg17 wrote: »

yup, I had sparks and flames shooting out of my hands as I charged over a hill unable to stop myself

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I found the level scaling too much...again. The combat system still sucks and the quests are still pretty bad. Dragons are repetitive too. I'm shocked I feel this way to be honest. Initially I thought it was better but then it lost it's charm after I realized the scaling was still messed up. I'll give it another chance some time but for the moment I feel new vegas is better.

Edit---Oh and the factions...Zero roleplaying. No allegiance besides Stormcloaks and imperials. Also, no one recognises you. You join the DB, or winterhold, and they're the only ones who don't know you're the dragonborn who hunts ****ing dragons and saved the world. It's just...no

Thing about this game is there is a large list of problems with it but I simply don't care. I've put 140 hours into the game and the upshot is that some players obviously care more about these issues than I ever will. Hey if somebody fixes them great but did it really stop me from basically spending every waking hour bar working hours playing it. No.

I'm definitely the kind of player who can ignore or avoid those things in a game like this that spoil immersion. Some obviously can't. Thats fair enough. I enjoyed New Vegas too but all I remember is they had some Dinosaurs in one part of the map that were almost impossible to kill early on. Apart from that I don't recall any specifically well tuned scaling.

I would imagine it's a tough job making the scaling work when you are essentially putting 6 games (main quest, civil war, thieves, dark brotherhood, mages, companions) into one and allowing the player to tackle them at any point. Despite this they try and scale certain things and it helps make things a bit more challenging. If they froze levels in NPCs then once you passed 50 you'd stop playing. I'm genuinely curious what people want when they talk about level scaling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

where do ya go to buy a house in whiterun? i remember the jarl mentioned it at some stage...need somewhere to store the dragon bones

where do ya go to buy a house in whiterun? i remember the jarl mentioned it at some stage...need somewhere to store the dragon bones

Talk to the little guy with the Roman sounding name next to the Jarl.

You will need 5k.

Once you're Thane of Whiterun you'll be offered a house for 5k (with 1.8k in upgrades available) from Proventius Avenicci (sp?).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Not enough storage in the house in Solitude :( Was hoping for a room full of chests, but instead I get some basement room Josef Fritzl would be proud of.. wth

No storage in the alchemy room either

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Best place is the chest in High Hriothgard as you fast travel right to it.

Then get a lackey to carry them all to the shops for you.

Thing about this game is there is a large list of problems with it but I simply don't care. I've put 140 hours into the game and the upshot is that some players obviously care more about these issues than I ever will. Hey if somebody fixes them great but did it really stop me from basically spending every waking hour bar working hours playing it. No.

I'm definitely the kind of player who can ignore or avoid those things in a game like this that spoil immersion. Some obviously can't. Thats fair enough. I enjoyed New Vegas too but all I remember is they had some Dinosaurs in one part of the map that were almost impossible to kill early on. Apart from that I don't recall any specifically well tuned scaling.

I would imagine it's a tough job making the scaling work when you are essentially putting 6 games (main quest, civil war, thieves, dark brotherhood, mages, companions) into one and allowing the player to tackle them at any point. Despite this they try and scale certain things and it helps make things a bit more challenging. If they froze levels in NPCs then once you passed 50 you'd stop playing. I'm genuinely curious what people want when they talk about level scaling.

Did you like Oblivion? Or to put it better, did you notice level scaling and still like it?

• Advertisement

original.jpg

SILENCE! I will not tolerate your insolence!

Advertisement