Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Seriously, the map is much more interesting in NV as well. It wasn't simply...Dungeon's = quests, towns = receive quests. Just walk north in NV and quest are simply there as you walk by. Exploring has a bigger point than Skyrim anyway. Instead of just searching for dragon shouts guarded by a scaled dragon who will never be too hard for you to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Wossack wrote: »
    Not enough storage in the house in Solitude :( Was hoping for a room full of chests, but instead I get some basement room Josef Fritzl would be proud of.. wth

No storage in the alchemy room either

There are a few barrels in the room behind your Alchemy room where you can store stuff.

Nothing has vanished for me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Not enough storage in the house in Solitude :( Was hoping for a room full of chests, but instead I get some basement room Josef Fritzl would be proud of.. wth

It's not ideal, but I use the bedroom for storage. Crafting supplies in the chest, aapparel in the warderobe, weapons in the bedside locker, alchemy stuff in the other warderobe, books and other miscellaneaous stuff in the safe.

Like I said, not idea, but it'll do. Until someone mods a proper house with organised storage. Something like the Fallout Underground hideout inventory system would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Just remembered someone was looking for Black Soul gems a while ago. dont know who.

Bought my house in winterhold? (place where Ulric is based out of) and i bought the enchanting part of the house. walked into the room and the bookcases are full of soul gems. 3 black ones IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Is it possible to play without being online?

Whenever I load it without interent access, it tries to load up steam and then says there's a problem with my internet connection, won't even go into offline mode...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Yea I found the same about solitude.. House is amazing but not a lot of storage downstairs..

There are 2 barrels in the room near the alchemy table.. I just put all my ingredients in one barrel and all excess soul gems in another..
    osh wrote: »

Whenever I load it without interent access, it tries to load up steam and then says there's a problem with my internet connection, won't even go into offline mode...

Yea I've done it loads if I didnt want ppl bothering me.. As soon as PS starts and begins logging me online I just cancel it and play away all night!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

A minor irritation I have with of Steam is that it sometimes seems that if you last connected in online mode, when you launch Steam again you will need to reconnect first before switching into offline mode. I guess it is a security feature or something (maybe just a bug because it seems pointless) but is is quite annoying.

All yo need to do is reconnect once through the internet and restart Steam in offline mode before disconnecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

hypermuse wrote: »

Yea I found the same about solitude.. House is amazing but not a lot of storage downstairs..

There are 2 barrels in the room near the alchemy table.. I just put all my ingredients in one barrel and all excess soul gems in another..

tis a bit far away from the fast travel point too - kinda regret buying it, and moving out of whiterun :< anyone have a favorite house?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Skerries wrote: »
    very cheesy music

facepalm.jpg?1282626490

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Did you like Oblivion? Or to put it better, did you notice level scaling and still like it?

It has been a long while since I played it but the system doesn't seem very similar to oblivion at all IMO, and if anything is quite a bit closer to Fallout. I haven't come across any regular bandits that suddenly changed into obscenely powerful armour, nothing like the super charged dungeon rats of Oblivion, and have encountered plenty of enemies that I was many levels away from being able to succesfully beat just wandering around aimlessly.

As you level up it becomes more likely you will meet more powerful versions of enemies like conjurers / bandit chief etc, but it is not like every single enemy you encounter is being leveled up at the same rate you are. How is that any different to say the increased likelyhood pf encountering more master Mutants in Fallout 3 as you progress for example?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Did you like Oblivion? Or to put it better, did you notice level scaling and still like it?

Loved Oblivion. Hated the scaling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The physics are really crazy in this game. Bones lying on the floor can do some serious damage to you

I picked up a statue of dibella and didnt want it anymore. I dropped it outside of my Whiterun house. One of the guards came walking along and bumped into it and was catapulted about 50 metres towards the main gate and landed in the river. mad.

Also, one thing I'd love to see with the cheese video is a recreation of the Sony Bravia advert. Music and all, except with cheese and potions etc. :D

The physics are really crazy in this game. Bones lying on the floor can do some serious damage to you

I picked up a statue of dibella and didnt want it anymore. I dropped it outside of my Whiterun house. One of the guards came walking along and bumped into it and was catapulted about 50 metres towards the main gate and landed in the river. mad.

Also, one thing I'd love to see with the cheese video is a recreation of the Sony Bravia advert. Music and all, except with cheese and potions etc. :D

anyone know what these are for? i have 2 or 3 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

anyone know what these are for? i have 2 or 3 of them.

Far as I know, they're just a statue, nothing special to them. Valuable, sure, but not quest related (unless it's a unique one for Thieves Guild quests, perhaps).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

marco_polo wrote: »
    A minor irritation I have with of Steam is that it sometimes seems that if you last connected in online mode, when you launch Steam again you will need to reconnect first before switching into offline mode. I guess it is a security feature or something (maybe just a bug because it seems pointless) but is is quite annoying.

All yo need to do is reconnect once through the internet and restart Steam in offline mode before disconnecting.

Ah right, cheers I'll try that. Wasn't sure what was up.

Also when it syas something like "not being able to sync with steam cloud...." does that effect your save game or anything I need worry about?

Ah right, cheers I'll try that. Wasn't sure what was up.

Also when it syas something like "not being able to sync with steam cloud...." does that effect your save game or anything I need worry about?

Not for Skyrim it doesn't use use cloud saving currently.

Also has anyone found many of
    the stones of beruthiel? there's 24 anyway and they are diamond shaped(think deck of cards diamond) and you need 24 of them

so far i only have 2. has anyone got all 24?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Also has anyone found many of
    the stones of beruthiel? there's 24 anyway and they are diamond shaped(think deck of cards diamond) and you need 24 of them

so far i only have 2. has anyone got all 24?
    Currently have 13 of them, and that's just through stumbling across them. I tend to search every nook and cranny of somewhere that I go into. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

So I travelled south of Falkreath up the mountains with my companion Skeever from Windhelm to reach a Vampire's lair. After using an Animal Allegiance shout to prevent myself getting mauled by three bears I headed into a tunnel, fought a dragon on the other side and reached the lair. Skeever however has completely disappeared, with my Ebony Hammer and my 6 Dragon Bones/Scales also. "Maybe I lost him when I was climbing because the AI was too dodgy for a companion to climb such a maze of mountain"s I thought. When I climbed a mountain before he would always somehow magically appear by my side but not this time.
    After completing the Vampire Lair I decided to travel back to Candlehearth Hall in Windhelm to find him thinking that he might have went back there. Alas there was no sign of him. I just wonder did the three bears maul him after I had left them. I'll have to go corpse hunting later to find him and get my stuff back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

anyone else getting weird performance on the pc? yesterday i was playing fully maxed with loads of ini tweeks + hd texture mods and it was smooth as butter, then around an hour ago the game just seemed to freeze and the fps have shot down, had to reduce a whole lot of options and its still not 100% right :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Do you need to [ut everything into barreals/baskets when your leaving stuffin your house?

I just dumped about 40books on the floor in my house as soon as I bought it. Havnt been back since in days.

Will they have disappeared?

Will they have disappeared?

Not if you own the house.

I drop my Ebony Ignots on ground in a corner in the Solitude house. Never disappear.

And I decorated my Whiterun house back in the early days with a few troll skulls and human skulls, they are still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Currently have 13 of them, and that's just through stumbling across them. I tend to search every nook and cranny of somewhere that I go into. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to that.

I noticed there seems to be one in
    every keep/castle/stronghold/yarl bedroom in the major cities

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

marco_polo wrote: »
    It has been a long while since I played it but the system doesn't seem very similar to oblivion at all IMO, and if anything is quite a bit closer to Fallout. I haven't come across any regular bandits that suddenly changed into obscenely powerful armour, nothing like the super charged dungeon rats of Oblivion, and have encountered plenty of enemies that I was many levels away from being able to succesfully beat just wandering around aimlessly.

As you level up it becomes more likely you will meet more powerful versions of enemies like conjurers / bandit chief etc, but it is not like every single enemy you encounter is being leveled up at the same rate you are. How is that any different to say the increased likelyhood pf encountering more master Mutants in Fallout 3 as you progress for example?

No it's not like Oblivion, I was just wondering if ya remembered and cared about it. It's on a much smaller scale in Skyrim, but it's still noticeable, and the loot is still heavily affected in it. And the dragons are consistantly normal difficulty. As new ones get introduced, they just have upped Hp and attack power. Which you pass in a few levels. Then they are easy again/repeat. New vegas I mean too. I didn't play much of Fallout 3 because I got bored really quickly. It's the same as Skyrim for me. I'll give both another chance eventually but that's the way I felt about them.

Skyrim feels like a cross between OB and New vegas anyway. The map design and quest location etc are boring again like OB. But there is now mountains and stuff limiting movement, I thought them putting mountains in would improve the world design but it didn't, that was the case in New vegas. Companion system is lacking as well.

I liked Oblivion, but then I started to realize what was happening. Exploring was useless, you would never find anything useful ever. So I just did the quests. Skyrim's exploring is just for shouts and souls. New vegas was for side quests, and useful loot. Skyrim was hand crafted, I assumed this also meant loot would not be generated. Was unfortunately.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Not if you own the house.

I drop my Ebony Ignots on ground in a corner in the Solitude house. Never disappear.

And I decorated my Whiterun house back in the early days with a few troll skulls and human skulls, they are still there.

In the renovated DB Sanctuary you get a mannequin, that you can put armor on, looks very cool :) ...the Sanctuary itself is too big and full of empty spaces for me. I liked the one in Bravil from Oblivion i think it was :D

And as for those 24 unusual gems, I have about 12...so I read up on the reward...its totally not in proportion for what it takes to collect them. A slap in the face really.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    In the renovated DB Sanctuary you get a mannequin, that you can put armor on, looks very cool :)

I have 2 of those in my house!!!!

see....

photoedy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I dunno if its just me or the way i travel sometimes not following paths but does anyone have problems with their companions keeping up with them? Sometimes id have to fight a big battle on my own only for the companion to show up after the fight is over...

maybe they're just lazy

What's the total number you can have on your side at one time say ?

- Character
    - Companion
    - That idiot dog
    - Horse
    - Lucien (spectral assassin)

?

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    What's the total number you can have on your side at one time say ?

- Character
    - Companion
    - That idiot dog
    - Horse
    - Lucien (spectral assassin)

?

maybe 1 more if you can conjure a second thing. the assassin counts as a conjuration.

Advertisement