Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The only way I can get the game to run without temporarily freezing every few moments was to install the ENB Patch 5
    http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm

But then that stealth Steam update took effect which killed the patch. So, I downloaded a pirate version of the game and copied over the main game executable to the steam folder. Now, I can launch Skyrim with the ENB patch again, but can't open Steam as it freaks out over the unauthorised exe.

So...way to go Steam...you've made it so I don't log in to your service anymore.

Right now, I have absolutely no issues with the game....it runs perfectly after 100+ hours of play.

It's a great game, but the scaling is way off. I can kill absolutely everything with a crafted/enchanted bow in 2 hits (bosses = 3-6 hits), and I'm a mage char with no archery equipment. I'm going to start a new character on the hardest setting. I might also try making a few tweaks to make the game harder..like changing the sale value of potions so they don't sell for 2000g each.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

SeantheMan wrote: »
    What's the total number you can have on your side at one time say ?

- Character
    - Companion
    - That idiot dog
    - Horse
    - Lucien (spectral assassin)

?
    Reanimate a corpse, two if the skill is maxed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Here's tip for those on the PC that might be suffering some slowdown after about 20 minutes of play.

Save (optional) and then pause, then hit Alt + Tab to minimise. Then maximise the window. Works for me every single time. Although sometimes I need to hit Alt + Tab a third time to maximise it properly.

Not ideal but sorts out the slowdown I've been experiencing after some period of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

SeantheMan wrote: »
    What's the total number you can have on your side at one time say ?

- Character
    - Companion
    - That idiot dog
    - Horse
    - Lucien (spectral assassin)

?
    You can also have another two followers. you can get
    Esbern and that female Blades soldier
    to follow you who are almost indestructible. I think you can have up to 10 followers if you manipulate it right.
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Follower_%28Skyrim%29
    • If you start the quest Alduin's Wall and let Esbern and Delphine follow you to the objective you effectively gain two extra human followers who can not die permanently so long as you do not actually attempt to complete the quest.
    • If this is combined with the conjuration perk Twin Souls, a traditional follower and an animal follower, you can bring the total number of creatures following and fighting for you up to six. This can however make it difficult at times to backtrack through doors and passages.
    • With 90 skill in Conjuration, reanimation of two conjurers / summoners who then summon an additional two minions, the unique mount Shadowmere, Delphine, Esbern, your regular Follower, and an animal Follower brings you up to a total of 9 followers. 10 if your regular follower is a mage who can conjure a familar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Loving the DB quests. Up to doing them I was all nice and honorable....now I am a stone cold killer. :pac:

Need to get some more Daedra hearts, only had two so made armour and a great sword when I got the perk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I have 2 of those in my house!!!!

see....

photoedy.jpg

Whenever I put anything on them the head and torso just disappear!! very strange!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The only way I can get the game to run without temporarily freezing every few moments was to install the ENB Patch 5
    http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm

But then that stealth Steam update took effect which killed the patch. So, I downloaded a pirate version of the game and copied over the main game executable to the steam folder. Now, I can launch Skyrim with the ENB patch again, but can't open Steam as it freaks out over the unauthorised exe.

So...way to go Steam...you've made it so I don't log in to your service anymore.

Right now, I have absolutely no issues with the game....it runs perfectly after 100+ hours of play.

It's a great game, but the scaling is way off. I can kill absolutely everything with a crafted/enchanted bow in 2 hits (bosses = 3-6 hits), and I'm a mage char with no archery equipment. I'm going to start a new character on the hardest setting. I might also try making a few tweaks to make the game harder..like changing the sale value of potions so they don't sell for 2000g each.

Why would you expect that Steam should let you play with an unauthorized exe exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

How do you recharge weapons? Is it a spell...havn't done much with the mages..

Have tons of soul gems and empty weapons but don't know how to recharge????

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

PlainP wrote: »
    How do you recharge weapons? Is it a spell...havn't done much with the mages..

Have tons of soul gems and empty weapons but don't know how to recharge????

Just go to the weapon in your inventory and Press 'T' (You then select the Soul gem you want to use for recharging)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

marco_polo wrote: »

Just go to the weapon in your inventory and Press 'T' (You then select the Soul gem you want to use for recharging)

I'm playing on an Xbox,......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Then it's the same thing, just press RB in the inventory.

There should be a tooltip on the weapon inventory screen that tells you the correct controller button to press for recharging.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    There are a few barrels in the room behind your Alchemy room where you can store stuff.
    I use that room to store everything, though I kindof skip using the barrels and just chuck everything on the floor....it's a little messy at this stage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

hypermuse wrote: »
    Whenever I put anything on them the head and torso just disappear!! very strange!

Ya that happened once for me too! But it was still in them, just not on them!

Then I took my Daedric armour off, and off I went on my adventures, when I came back there was another set of Daedric armour there, happy days, a free set!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

does the werewolf form get more powerful the higher your level? just wondering as its annoying being killed so easily

marco_polo wrote: »
    Why would you expect that Steam should let you play with an unauthorized exe exactly?

I don't. But I do expect them to not block the ENB patch as it's just a mod (It doesn't modify any existing file). But because they do block it, I'm forced to use the unauthorized exe so Steam doesn't launch. Of course, it's the game developers fault that the game has so many different random bugs.

does the werewolf form get more powerful the higher your level? just wondering as its annoying being killed so easily

Nope...it's useless and woefully underpowered.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Really? I've not used it since i got it i suppose, but i absolutely tore through those Silver Hand bases as a warewolf. Was slightly disturbed how much i enjoyed it too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

It gets better with one or two handed skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stopped doing Companion missions when someone on here posted your become a werewolf!

Once you get the nightingale armour you really dont want to ruin the look :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Is there any easy way to contract vampirism? Im playing on the hardest difficulty and my thief character cant take more than 1 blow from them so finding it frustrating to contract

surely you get more health the higher you level? i love tearing into stuff as a werewolf, tis great craic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Well after getting to level 29 on mage (conjur,Alter,destruct) I realised they are sh*t maybe at higher levels they can be good and i might go back to it. So I started again :D Two handed sword in heavey armor with smithing and enchantments kicks ass. Also Im a badass Ork.

are frost/fire antoroches and familiar the only summon spells or do you pick up more later in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Well after getting to level 29 on mage (conjur,Alter,destruct) I realised they are sh*t maybe at higher levels they can be good and i might go back to it. So I started again :D Two handed sword in heavey armor with smithing and enchantments kicks ass. Also Im a badass Ork.

Mage (conjur, alter, destr) is exactly what I'm playing. Why did you find it ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

:pac:
    yzdG2.jpg

thats brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

:pac:
    yzdG2.jpg

If she gets sex change, that arrow will go away

I don't. But I do expect them to not block the ENB patch as it's just a mod (It doesn't modify any existing file). But because they do block it, I'm forced to use the unauthorized exe so Steam doesn't launch. Of course, it's the game developers fault that the game has so many different random bugs.

Who do you think blocked it exactly? I'm curious mainly because the the guy that wrote it doesn't even seem to be aware of this.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1302450-antibsod-antifreeze-patch-7/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

are frost/fire antoroches and familiar the only summon spells or do you pick up more later in the game?

There are different levels of summoning:

Novice
    Apprentice
    Adept
    Expert
    Master

Novice Summoning Contains:
    Bound Sword
    Conjure Familiar
    Raise Zombie
    Summon Unbound Dremora

Apprentice Summoning Contains:
    Bound Battleaxe
    Conjure Flame Atronach
    Reanimate Corpse
    Soul Trap
    Flaming Familiar(Familiar that runs into enemies and explodes)
    Summon Arniels Shade

Adept Summoning Contains:
    Banish Deadra
    Bound Bow
    Conjure Frost Atronach
    Revenant

Expert Summoning Contains:
    Command Daedra
    Conjure Dremora Lord
    Conjure Storm Atronach
    Dread Zombie
    Expel Deadra