Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

permenant in that they wont de-spawn ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Yea, no time limit :)

For the dead thrall one, if you cast it on another corpse, your previous thrall just collapses where they were- body doesn't turn into that blue dust. So you can gather a collection of bodies you can raise and command as desired :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Cant remember if got a reply for this but is anyone else having more CTD (Crash to Desktop) issues since the latest patch. I'm getting crashes too frequently now (counted almost 3 crashes in the space of 5 minutes one time)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Stopped doing Companion missions when someone on here posted your become a werewolf!

Once you get the nightingale armour you really dont want to ruin the look :D

You have to activate the werewolf form, so you never have to use it. Also, you can cure yourself of it easily enough
    at the end of the companion quest-line, just make sure you collect more then one of the glenmoral witches heads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Noopti wrote: »
    You have to activate the werewolf form, so you never have to use it. Also, you can cure yourself of it easily enough
    at the end of the companion quest-line, just make sure you collect more then one of the glenmoral witches heads

well crap!
    They were taking up so much space in my inventory, I just threw them into a river and watched them bob away down the river.

Guess i'm stuck as a Werewolf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    well crap!
    They were taking up so much space in my inventory, I just threw them into a river and watched them bob away down the river.

Guess i'm stuck as a Werewolf.
    would you want to loose your 100% disease resist? those potions can get expensive you know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Well after getting to level 29 on mage (conjur,Alter,destruct) I realised they are sh*t maybe at higher levels they can be good and i might go back to it. So I started again :D Two handed sword in heavey armor with smithing and enchantments kicks ass. Also Im a badass Ork.

mage is actually the bomb.. and if anything.. just as overpowered as the rest!

Once you get the destruction dual wielding stun/stagger perk unlocked enemies never get near you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

would you want to loose your 100% disease resist? those potions can get expensive you know ;)
    Uh I've been a werewolf for half the game and I get poisoned nearly everytime a Falmer fires an arrow at me.

Uh I've been a werewolf for half the game and I get poisoned nearly everytime a Falmer fires an arrow at me.

Werewolves are resistant to diseases, they can still be poisoned though, they have no resistance to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

permanent summons :D of fook yeah im doing that

• Advertisement

Werewolves are resistant to diseases, they can still be poisoned though, they have no resistance to that.

does the beast form get stronger (more hp more damage) as you level up?

does the beast form get stronger (more hp more damage) as you level up?

Rarely used the Beast form, but I am level 55 now, and I transformed in Solitude for the craic, and I only managed to kill 4 or 5 gaurds and a few peasants before being downed.

If I did that rampage in human form, Solitude would burn!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Cant remember if got a reply for this but is anyone else having more CTD (Crash to Desktop) issues since the latest patch. I'm getting crashes too frequently now (counted almost 3 crashes in the space of 5 minutes one time)
    I've been getting CTDs since I started the game. Maybe a bit less since the latest (1.3?) patch.
    They happen either randomly or if anything happens at desktop like a software update.
    So I'm constantly tapping F5 to quicksave which is a pain if I forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I've been getting a lot of missing textures lately. Fighting purple dragons is awesome though, but it made Alduin look like kinda a sissy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Rarely used the Beast form, but I am level 55 now, and I transformed in Solitude for the craic, and I only managed to kill 4 or 5 gaurds and a few peasants before being downed.

If I did that rampage in human form, Solitude would burn!

Yeah, its not as strong as might be imagined in a straight up brawl with the inability to spam health potions. When facing more than one or two you have to go with hit and run ( the charge and pounce is basically an insta-kill) and/or keep spamming the howl that makes people flee in terror. Though I think that has a level cap...

I like it for the change of pace, but it can be a bit frustrating at times.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sand wrote: »
    Yeah, its not as strong as might be imagined in a straight up brawl with the inability to spam health potions. When facing more than one or two you have to go with hit and run ( the charge and pounce is basically an insta-kill) and/or keep spamming the howl that makes people flee in terror. Though I think that has a level cap...

I like it for the change of pace, but it can be a bit frustrating at times.

Howl? Pounce? Jeez, i wasn't using the Werewolf very well. Didn't even realise there was anything other then normal attack and feed. :rolleyes:

I will never finish this game......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

hypermuse wrote: »

I can't finish this ****ing game, the Jarl of Whiterun refuses to accept Tullis's message from me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

hypermuse wrote: »

have patience young Padawan

Skerries wrote: »
    have patience young Padawan

Well as far as I know its impossible to actually finish the game.. Infinite misc missions and what not..

Collect me 20 blue mountains flowers please.. I'm dragonborn biatch! bend over!!

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Howl? Pounce? Jeez, i wasn't using the Werewolf very well. Didn't even realise there was anything other then normal attack and feed. :rolleyes:

Ditto! Howling will be class!!!

I had a real nice time there last week when I had to do some mission involving a
    talking dog
    !

Was really nice as myself, majjol (molly as I call her) the lioness and this dog were wondering up a pathway to get to a shrine.. next thing another dog joins in the walk..

Its another random thing to love.. myself and molly walking these 2 dogs up the mountain on a beautiful day! it was lovely! And when a wolf came along to try ruin it for us.. the 2 dogs ripped him apart! Even more beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fecking Skyrim - I want to play other games but I can't!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Number of games played in this season of Starcraft2 = 1
    Number of hours playing Skyrim = ALL OF THEM

whats pounce? i know how to feed howl and do a normal attack but not pounce :confused: is it the animation when you nearly have someone killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Just got passed this in work here by one of the guys so i dont know if this actually works or not. A bethesda employee advised the steps contained in here to try and resolve/alleviate the issues with Skyrim on the PS3. might work on Xbox and PC too.

and for the phone users:
    As we continue to work on updates for PS3 (as well as Xbox 360 and PC), here are some helpful pointers that can help the game's performance.

Turn off auto saves. This can cause temporary stuttering since the PS3 saves these files in the background. This is most noticeable with large saves when fast traveling to a new area or entering a new area that auto saves.

Clear space on your hard drive. Skyrim makes heavy use of the hard drive, and freeing up space on here seems to help many people. Hard drive speeds also differ in PS3 models. Some users have reported increase performance by upgrading their drives.

Waiting for time to pass. Many things are running in the world depending on what quests you've done or places you have visited. Using Wait or Rest options, passing time will clear up some of these. It depends how long you wait, it may take up to 30 days for some items. Saving, resetting, and loading after this will have the largest effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Lag is really starting to get bad now.

My save file is 12mb. Don't have the PS3 hooked up to the internet so I can't get updates :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Orizio wrote: »
    I can't finish this ****ing game, the Jarl of Whiterun refuses to accept Tullis's message from me. :mad:

Same for me :p Don't think the next patch fixes it either... I'm too far into the game to want to start over too...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Pounce= Move towards your target whilst running/dashing (alt on my keyboard) so you drop to all fours, and as you close on them hit a normal attack. You'll "pounce" with a bit of a roar/growl and hopefully land on the target.

If you land on the target it always results in a pretty huge hit on the targets health, plus it knocks them down which means you can quickly follow up and murder them with normal attacks. All the time theyre on the ground, theyre unable to hit you.

Found it by accident tbh, but seems to be the way Werewolf is supposed to be played. Charge/Pounce/Eat, then move on to next victim. If things get hectic, spam the Beast Howl and rush around Charging/Pouncing on fleeing enemies. I've yet to meet an opponent that doesnt flee, but then I havent tried it on a Dragon.

Yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

so want to continue playing this but I have a Viral infection and too weak to play :(

I bet you it was the Vampires that infect me, heh wait till i'm better and i'll teach them!

Advertisement