Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Skerries wrote: »
    so want to continue playing this but I have a Viral infection and too weak to play :(

I bet you it was the Vampires that infect me, heh wait till i'm better and i'll teach them!

Just drink a potion of major health and you'll be fine ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Better off getting to a Talos shrine. I think there's one in Inchicore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Better off getting to a Talos shrine. I think there's one in Inchicore.
    It works alright but theres a bug that it gives you 0% cooldown on shouts :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Lag is really starting to get bad now.

My save file is 12mb. Don't have the PS3 hooked up to the internet so I can't get updates :(

update didn't fix the lag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

completely disgusted at this point. Nearly through every thing, decided to call in on the companions and now the game crashes every time i try to leave the house.On xbox by the way.
    Closest thing i have saved is about 5 days ago ,just can't get past it.feeling totally disgusted by this glitch as it means i either go back and replay about 50 hrs worth of ****e or start again. if the next patch doesn't fix this reckon i'll never by a bethesda game again....

• Advertisement

Meatwad wrote: »
    completely disgusted at this point. Nearly through every thing, decided to call in on the companions and now the game crashes every time i try to leave the house.On xbox by the way.
    Closest thing i have saved is about 5 days ago ,just can't get past it.feeling totally disgusted by this glitch as it means i either go back and replay about 50 hrs worth of ****e or start again. if the next patch doesn't fix this reckon i'll never by a bethesda game again....
    Did you try both doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

im 46 hours in and ive only been to two major town areas :o whiterun and winterhold, this game is dangerous for ones social life

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

North west of Skyrim near Statue to Meridia I was passed by a
    headless ghost horse!
    I couldnt talk to it even though it had an option. Anyone know is it part of a quest....

Its those sort of wacky little things that happen that keep me exploring, I can count how many times I've been treking out to some place and never got there because I fell into a bunch of adventure along the way!

DeV.

Lycanthropic tip below.
    Just a quick note on Werewolves, If you do Quests with Aela after the main companion missions you can get Totems that make your beast mode stronger
    Totem of Fear: Causes Fear
    Totem of Brotherhood: Summons 2 Wolf Spirits
    Totem of The Hunt: Grants Detect Life

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, is anyone else getting freaked by dead dragon skellies??

When I zone into the College often a dragon skeleton just *falls* on my head. It was well freaky the first time but now I've named him Norman, for giggles. I'm easily amused.

But just now I killed a dragon outside Whiterun (oh, Dragonrend = no more dragon problems it seems...) and zoned into the city. Zoned out and the skeleton is there, ok, thats normal.... but then it came alive and is now eyeballing me! No attacks, I can still loot it but its definitely moving and doing that head-turning-eyeballing thing they do. It moves around a bit too. I can stop laughing at my brain singing "Iiiiiiiiii aint got noboooooooody..."

Like I said, easily amused.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

DeVore wrote: »
    North west of Skyrim near Statue to Meridia I was passed by a
    headless ghost horse!
    I couldnt talk to it even though it had an option. Anyone know is it part of a quest....

Its those sort of wacky little things that happen that keep me exploring, I can count how many times I've been treking out to some place and never got there because I fell into a bunch of adventure along the way!

DeV.
    I chased it to a graveyard where there were enemies and a treasure chest with master lock. I was unable to open the lock at the time. I dont think it is part of a quest. It just disappeared at the graveyard, which coincided with dawn I think

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I chased it to a graveyard where there were enemies and a treasure chest with master lock. I was unable to open the lock at the time. I dont think it is part of a quest. It just disappeared at the graveyard, which coincided with dawn I think

Where is this place?

I was on foot so lost him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Where is this place?

I was on foot so lost him.
    I dont remember. I got curious so I looked in the wiki. Seems there is a quest after all:
    If the Dragonborn uses the potion obtained from the quest relating to Shroud Hearth Barrow (next to Ivarstead), he/she may be able to to communicate with the Headless Horseman. The potion allows the user to look like a Ghost. This will make the Horseman think that the player is a ghost, thus he will give you a quest to find his head.

I was able to keep up with him on foot while wearing light armour and not having levelled stamina much. If you were in heavy armour you could just take it off to manage the same speed for something like that.

Damn my Orc Looks good in Dedric Armor with Great Sword

whats the best way to make a bit of money besides selling loot?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Markath is sooo pretty, way too many cave bears around the hills surrounding it though, I charge towards dragons with gusto and relishing the fight, I see a bear and run away lol

Yeah, i'm the same. Defeated my first dragon at level 5 or so (soon as i got lydia and a horse).... but then had to flee in terror from an ordinary bear.

I wish they would simply mark areas as being in a level range and stop with the auto level balancing.

in wow there are highbie zones and you can go there if you wish but you have at least got the information to make that decision. I remember running a level 5 mage right into the heart of one highbie area, to a safe camp. Not only was it awesome scary fun, but when I got there there was a sense of achievement like I dont get with Skyrim. (Plus all the highbie thought it was hilarious, made me their kinda mascot and buffed the holy sh*t out of me so I was pretty much a tank at my own level.

My point is that getting your ass absolutely handed to you occasionally isnt a bad thing. I love the feeling of coming back 50 levels later and saying "so, lich king, remember me....im BAAAAAAACK".

At level 20 now I've spent 10 levels utterly unchallenged by any mob in the game. Even
    Arduin
    was a doddle.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bears are bastards! they chase you down too, I usually use unrelenting force to blow one off a cliff if ones nearby. I havent gone into most caves yet, learnt my lesson with that one early on lol, am level 18 now and I still dont feel like I'm not progressing fast enough, I die occasionally but I never think I'm underpowered and do enjoy going back to areas kicking ass later on. taking a break from the main quest, had started the dark brotherhood ones, gonna spend a week or so exploring and levelling up.

btw, I watched from a distance as two falmer slaughtered my horse, so you can definitely lose your horse without any damage from yourself.

My horses seem to be some sort of strain of military-grade idiot too. I am on my 5th I think. I now get off 100 M before the area and walk the last bit unless I intend to go on a full frontal, unrelenting assault on the base.... which is what my horse will do if he gets a sniff of an enemy.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Thats another thing... the leveling system is well strange. I can complete a huuuuge quest line and get no advance, but pick a craft/skill I havent leveled up and 10 minutes later... Ding! I kinda get it, but it feels weird.

DeV.

whats the best way to make a bit of money besides selling loot?
    Make enchanted armor and sell it. Also do the theives guild quests you get 7 fences with 4000 septums every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Apologies if this has been posted already but...

:D

Make enchanted armor and sell it. Also do the theives guild quests you get 7 fences with 4000 septums every day.

by make enchanted armor do you mean make the armor and then enchant it or simply enchant loot you find?

Either works I guess...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

DeVore wrote: »
    Thats another thing... the leveling system is well strange. I can complete a huuuuge quest line and get no advance, but pick a craft/skill I havent leveled up and 10 minutes later... Ding! I kinda get it, but it feels weird.

DeV.
    I noticed this as well, I'm up to about level 43 or so, so it takes ages for me to naturally level up. What will level you up really quickly is if you improve those skills that you are weak in.
    E.g. I'm nearly maxed in 2-handed, heavy armour, enchanting, smithing, lockpick. But I'm really low in all the magic and sneak skills, so by spamming various spells (like the muffle spell or using firebolt vs weak enemies) you can level up your weak skills quickly which really advances your overall level.
    Handy for getting to those last few perks you really want.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I do feel sympathy for people who only have one save file but honestly, honestly? I have 142. If I want to, I'm a god damn time traveler.

Of course I just chose to keep Lydia dead because well, she was already annoying, and I had only used her to explore one dungeon. "I am swoooorn to carry your burdens". Come on lady, sound happy about it. I'm gonna be rich and if you don't cop on your attitude - oh a dragon ate you. Nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Shot my 1st hawk out of the air with a bow, feels unusually satisfying

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Might restart as a warrior, any tips before i start?

• Advertisement

Might restart as a warrior, any tips before i start?
    Two handed is the strongest DPS after two blades but you get no block with 2 blades other than that Orc, Redgaurd or Nord will suit you. Dont spam Smithing to early or you will find yourself in trouble with scaling Draugr.
    Other than that its the most fun class ive tried and I have a mage, an archer and now a warrior.

Advertisement