Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't the main story take you to like 3 dungeons?

I wouldn't know, i never finished it :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dunno the dungeons bored me and i stopped playing, after running around spamming spells til they were maxed out

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Question:

Do I have to have played the other previous Elder Scrolls games to know what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Didn't the main story take you to like 3 dungeons?

3 dungeons and eleventy million identical portals

That_Guy wrote: »
    Question:

Do I have to have played the other previous Elder Scrolls games to know what's going on?
    No. They are set in the same game world, but this is 200 (i think) years after Oblivion, and in a different area. There'll be similar enemies, races etc...but you don't need to know anything about the previous games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Kiith wrote: »
    No. They are set in the same game world, but this is 200 (i think) years after Oblivion, and in a different area. There'll be similar enemies, races etc...but you don't need to know anything about the previous games.

I've played 150 hours of Oblivion and I STILL don't have a clue what the story was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

bluewolf wrote: »
    3 dungeons and eleventy million identical portals

Conveniently blocked from my mind. Thank you very much.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

quarryman wrote: »
    I've played 150 hours of Oblivion and I STILL don't have a clue what the story was about.

there was a story?

i dont think i did any of it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbf, most of the story is crap, but there's some good missions in it. I quite like the Defense of Bruma after the recruiting crap, and the Paradise quest towards the end was pretty cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Story in Oblivion was sh!te, I had more fun when I just went off and did my own thing straight away and there wasnt poxy oblivion gates all over the shop.

• Advertisement

oh i must have done a bit of the story so cos they were everywhere, with their stupid impossible to kill creatures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'm beginning to see why the Collectors Edition is so expensive...

ss_preview_cebox.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

Holy. ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

gizmo wrote: »
    I'm beginning to see why the Collectors Edition is so expensive...

ss_preview_cebox.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

Holy. ****.

What does the collectors edition contain :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Burgo wrote: »
    What does the collectors edition contain :eek:
    Not much in fairness, but I'm guessing that dragon is pretty huge.

gizmo wrote: »
    Not much in fairness, but I'm guessing that dragon is pretty huge.

bah, thats pretty crap :(

Yeah, i'll just have to settle with the 300+ hours of gameplay included in the box :P

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, i'll just have to settle with the 300+ hours of gameplay included in the box :P

I know, but still pretty **** for a collectors edition, especially when it costs €135.

looks pretty bad, i might pay 70/80 for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

what race/class are you going to be?!

I think a Brethon (misspelling?) spellcaster or a Redguard swordsman for me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Repair is gone too?

Yeah, they've removed repair. I'm not too disappointed about that tbh, as it was barely a feature of Oblivion. Kind of annoying just having to click a few times to magically repair an item.

I'll probably pick an Argonian Assassin or Dunmer Mage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

As someone that is new to elder scrolls(this will be my first game of it), should I play the older games first or is it grand to just get skyrim and carry on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

As someone that is new to elder scrolls(this will be my first game of it), should I play the older games first or is it grand to just get skyrim and carry on?

Grand to just carry on, there's no continuing story to speak of. All the games are just set in the same world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You'd be fine - the lore is connected and there's a few references between games as well as the overall style but that's it. They assume that you don't know anything and you probably start as a stranger to the place. Bethesda doesn't want to lose out on the money of new players.
    You could always play the last two if you'd like something to enjoy between now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Cheers lads, might get oblivion after I get through AC:Brotherhood.

It looks ****ing brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

You should definitely get the older games anyway because they are worth playing plus you've got a wealth of great mods available.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement

Advertisement