Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    She'll only wear armour better than her default stuff.

I have given her pull plate steel, she is a heavy armor user I thought she would prefer it over normal steel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

no i am at 100 and i have the dead thrall spell, but it only lets me summon npc's of a certain level, does the game let you bring back higher level npc's the higher your own level gets?

Certain mobs are just too powerful. You can still use it on some very powerful mobs (Like Sebastian Lort and Orchendor). Also try use it on master summoners, like the boss of the mages college. They can still summon after being 'undeadified'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

pity that you cant just reanimate anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Ok, it's getting to the stage where I feel like it's a waste of time even trying to play this on PS3.

Originally I thought the first update had smoothened things out a bit, but it wasn't long before I started getting the same lag and freezing issues.
    It's completely out of hand now.
    Was playing just there, doing Azura's Star quest, finish that, then did another quest out in the middle of nowhere. That's all grand.

I then try to travel to Markarth... and it just freezes...
    Before with Riften and Whiterun it was at least loading the city, but here it just got stuck on a black screen.

I'm really disappointed at this stage. It's completely ruining it for me as I just feel like there's no point in playing cause it'll crash.

Weird thing is my sister's save, which is about as big as mine, is fine. She hasn't been complaining at all. So I don't know what the big deal is. But it's doing my head in :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

Im really starting to fall for lydia aside from the odd "carry your burden" malarky shes turning out pretty well, ive kitted her out with some dwarven armour and a dwarven warhammer and shes kicking ass :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Lydia got toasted in the very first encounter we had and that was the end of our young love.

Everything around me seems to die. :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Marcurio is an absolute beast. We're both decked in daedric armor and nothing can touch us. If I'm not beheading scumbags left right and centre, marky mark is sending them in to orbit with lightning attacks :D Lydia and Uthgerd are sitting in breezehome watching svens headless body cooking on the fire lol

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

anyone love how doing nothing in this game doesnt feel like a waste of time? there was a big empty patch on the map near Riften so I wandered over there, didnt do much aside from find some ruins, fought a bear and generally wandered about, but it doesnt feel like you're not actually doing anything, just another day in Skyrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Poor Stampy finally succumbed to all those endless dragon beatings. Asshole of an Elder Dragon who took a hell of a beating. Stampy kept him occupied while I just sliced away at him. Finally killed him only to realise Stampy wasn't moving.

"Sta..........Stampy? What's wrong, boy? Come on, stop joking around, ge........get up!" :(
    screenshot42y.png

Goodnight, sweet prince...
    screenshot37k.png
    screenshot36u.png
    screenshot38m.png

Not too long afterwards I was given
    Shadowmare
    which filled the empty void myself and Lydia felt after losing our companion :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Ok, it's getting to the stage where I feel like it's a waste of time even trying to play this on PS3.

Originally I thought the first update had smoothened things out a bit, but it wasn't long before I started getting the same lag and freezing issues.
    It's completely out of hand now.
    Was playing just there, doing Azura's Star quest, finish that, then did another quest out in the middle of nowhere. That's all grand.

I then try to travel to Markarth... and it just freezes...
    Before with Riften and Whiterun it was at least loading the city, but here it just got stuck on a black screen.

I'm really disappointed at this stage. It's completely ruining it for me as I just feel like there's no point in playing cause it'll crash.

Weird thing is my sister's save, which is about as big as mine, is fine. She hasn't been complaining at all. So I don't know what the big deal is. But it's doing my head in :(
    I have to disagree hypermuse. Mine is still extremely bad in some places. When I'm going around exploring and that it's absolutely fine. But if I then travel to Whiterun or Riften after having been playing for a while it consistantly crashes. I try moving around the town, horrible lag, followed by having to do a hard reset of the console.

It's actually ruining it on me a bit at this stage :(

That's a pity mate... I've put in alot of hours now at this stage and my file size like I said exceeds 10K and the game runs pretty well..

Yea I might get a second or two of lag if I fast travel but crashes are rare for me.

Perhaps you've got an older console than me.. mine is nearly 2 years old now.. so it still runs nice and healthy..

For me it did used to crash/lag a lot more until latest patch was installed.. You did install the new patch correct?

hypermuse wrote: »
    That's a pity mate... I've put in alot of hours now at this stage and my file size like I said exceeds 10K and the game runs pretty well..

Yea I might get a second or two of lag if I fast travel but crashes are rare for me.

Perhaps you've got an older console than me.. mine is nearly 2 years old now.. so it still runs nice and healthy..

For me it did used to crash/lag a lot more until latest patch was installed.. You did install the new patch correct?

Yeah I got all the patches. My console is the original 60GB fat one. But as I said, my sisters save is fine compared to mine, so I dunno what's up.

Yeah I got all the patches. My console is the original 60GB fat one. But as I said, my sisters save is fine compared to mine, so I dunno what's up.

Must be your console mate..

Perhaps when they ported skyrim to the PS3 platform is it was done with the newer model in mind? I'm plucking at straws here coz I aint a computer genius but apparently making space on your drive installing a new one will help..

Does your sister have a slim model?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

no wonder you're not having a problem if it is only 10k
    that is 5130k before you start having a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I hope they ask Skyrim related questions on my January exams....else I'm f**ked

Skerries wrote: »
    no wonder you're not having a problem if it is only 10k
    that is 5130k before you start having a problem

10130k then! you get the idea... I've after sinking hundred hours into it so save file is pretty whopper..

its actually over 11000k tbh, seems to work fine, any problems dont take away from immersion in the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Am I the only one who has never bothered with getting a horse?

Stole one once, but found it annoying having to keep dismounting/mounting & trying to find the horse after he wanders off.

Seems there only real benefit is being able to climb steeper hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Am I the only one who has never bothered with getting a horse?

Stole one once, but found it annoying having to keep dismounting/mounting & trying to find the horse after he wanders off.

Seems there only real benefit is being able to climb steeper hills.

In Oblivion I'd have been lost without a horse....

but in Skyrim I just couldn't be bothered.. way to much effort and the horse seems to be so slow as well... just not worth the effort and the inability to fight when riding a horse just seals the deal... getting attacked by a bear or something and having to spend an hour and a half dismounting just to attack it to make it feck off is just so much effort... and then it's so slow to get back on as well as that.. just no...

just not worth it at all... if their were some genuinely fast horses then I'd consider it but all the horses in the game are those big slow ones... just not worth the effort

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Nah, the horses in Oblivion were god awful. The ones in Skyrim handle much better and seem quicker :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I had shadowmere but I got on another normal horse and now that horse appears when I fast travel. Anyway to get shadowmere back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

EGriff wrote: »
    I had shadowmere but I got on another normal horse and now that horse appears when I fast travel. Anyway to get shadowmere back?
    He might have returned back to outside the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. Don't most followers have a default location they return to?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Poor Stampy finally succumbed to all those endless dragon beatings. Asshole of an Elder Dragon who took a hell of a beating. Stampy kept him occupied while I just sliced away at him. Finally killed him only to realise Stampy wasn't moving.

The only way to honour him is to post unoptimised 2.5MB png files of him if you ask me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Not with the amount she eats ...

NARF!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Gandalph wrote: »
    I hope they ask Skyrim related questions on my January exams....else I'm f**ked

A dragon sets out from Whiterun flying straight towards Riften, an Ice Troll heads out from just outside Winterhold towards the Shrine of Azura, if they both travel at the same rate who will reach their destination first?

that kind of thing :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

in oblivion shadowmere always returned to the same place if he went missing or you got onto another horse, so likely the same in skyrim

sleep/wait for 4-5 days and then travel to wherever it was you originally got him

So I Boethiah mission, where
    you had to kill the previous champion and all their family
    . I walked towards there, to discover an Elder Dragon flying nearby. I sneaked and sneaked and sneaked, until I almost got away when the dragon saw me and started to swoop. So I ran into the bandit camp and let the dragon have at them.

It was sheer destruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

mewso wrote: »
    The only way to honour him is to post unoptimised 2.5MB png files of him if you ask me :)

Stampy deserves the highest quality, you heartless, heartless monster :pac:

I never really used him for going about the place but a horse is dead handy for battles as the crazy bastard will take on about 2 or 3 at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Anyone using that mask? I can't remember what dungeon I found it in

rgw2h3.png

• Advertisement

Must be your console mate..

Perhaps when they ported skyrim to the PS3 platform is it was done with the newer model in mind? I'm plucking at straws here coz I aint a computer genius but apparently making space on your drive installing a new one will help..

No she's using the same console. And I replaced the HDD with a 320GB one a year or two ago. Ah well, just a pain. Be tempted to just restart to see does it improve with a completely new save.

Advertisement