Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Any recommended mods I should be using

I feel sad for doing it but I put the nudey mod on, now I cant leave a room without stripping all dead people and leaving them in suggestive poses....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I also like to put dead bodies touching each other inappropriately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Krieg wrote: »
    Any recommended mods I should be using

I feel sad for doing it but I put the nudey mod on, now I cant leave a room without stripping all dead people and leaving them in suggestive poses....

why do you need skyrim to do this??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

hypermuse wrote: »

Court order I would presume....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Put it on last night around 11:30. Said I'd play for half an hour and go asleep. Next thing I knew it was 6:30 haha. Loving it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

hypermuse wrote: »

He can stop anytime, he swears!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

seanybiker wrote: »
    Put it on last night around 11:30. Said I'd play for half an hour and go asleep. Next thing I knew it was 6:30 haha. Loving it so far.

Pah. There is no such thing as half an hour of Skryim. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

went to Riften after doing an imperial mission
    and everyone kept attacking me
    , went in through the North gate talked to a few people inside the gate and then
    hey presto I am public enemy number one
    , any thoughts , I have no bounty etc is it an allegiance thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

guys, wtf do i do with dragon bones? i got tons of it and i have no where to put them.

p.s. scales too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

guys, wtf do i do with dragon bones? i got tons of it and i have no where to put them.

p.s. scales too...

Same here. They are used for making dragon bone armour, but I havent found any other uses for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Anyone know how to get rid of quest items from your inventory? I've got a flute, drum, and other crap from the Bards College stuck in there. For some reason they weren't removed when I finished the quest. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

seanybiker wrote: »

one does not simply put a half hour into Skyrim.

aaaa ffs skyrim.... thats why this game annoys me as ****...

i was traveling to forge that cursed amulet where some c*cks in fancy robes of talos called me heretic and attacked me... i killed them so now all white run guards are attacking me... SWEET!

my quick save is gone now, so i will have to revert back to my permenant save... good thing i do those every now and then...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Doing part of the main quest, where you call
    a truce meeting between the imperials and stormcloaks. Got Ulric Stormcloak to come no problem, but I couldn't get Tullius to join up unless I declared for the Empire. I hadn't 100% decided on them, but was leaning that way. Still reckon there should have been an option not to join until you're sure
    . This happen anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,799 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Doing part of the main quest, where you call
    a truce meeting between the imperials and stormcloaks. Got Ulric Stormcloak to come no problem, but I couldn't get Tullius to join up unless I declared for the Empire. I hadn't 100% decided on them, but was leaning that way. Still reckon there should have been an option not to join until you're sure
    . This happen anyone else?
    at this point in the quest you pretty much have to side with one or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

p.s. scales too...

I just bought a house and stored it in a chest. As soon as I got rid of all the scales, I had tons of space. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Krieg wrote: »
    Same here. They are used for making dragon bone armour, but I havent found any other uses for it

Crafting armour is the only use for it. If you have a lot of dragon bones and scales just equip your followers with it. Or you could just sell them off for the extra gold. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

swiftblade wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get rid of quest items from your inventory? I've got a flute, drum, and other crap from the Bards College stuck in there. For some reason they weren't removed when I finished the quest. :(

Sadly that is a known bug with the Bards college questline. If you are on PC you can use console commands to remove them from your inventory. Otherwise you are stuck with them until Bethesda patches it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Good for what its worth. But Bethesheda have a habit of annoying me so I open the clua console and type in commands to make the game more fun, such as getting out of the thiefs guild in riften, the level design is bad so the tcm (fly through objects) command works well here. Overall the game is flawed by a fundamental characteristic which is also its greatest strength, its an open world, this is its achilles heel, no focused plots or strong characters are feasibly implimentable in such a world but this is the attraction of morrowind, hence the appeal of the game but also its major flaw at least in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Overheal wrote: »
    at this point in the quest you pretty much have to side with one or the other.

Ah, grand so - thanks. I had had got so far with the Empire questline to just before you have to choose, had intended to do one or two Stormcloak quests before choosing if I could, but I'm happy enough with the side I chose!

Finished the main quest, bloody awesome. Still have the war to sort out and some Thieves Guild quests. Have also rediscovered my love for exploring, so am scouting around the map now for new spots.

Just achievement-wise on Xbox, for the 1000 bounty in all 9 holds, do you have to have those bounties simulaneously or can I have them separately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I bought the house in Windhelm and completed the serial killer quest but I find it glitchy. The weapon display is not working, there's no activation prompt so it I can't store my weapons. And how do you put items in the display cases?

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I just bought a house and stored it in a chest. As soon as I got rid of all the scales, I had tons of space. :D

That's what I did too. Now I feel I have so much space in my pants! Atleast for 2 more cows!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Really like that it's filled with interesting places to see and dungeons to explore, really never got that from Fallout 3, i had no interest in exploring since the world was dull as **** and uninteresting..... in my opinion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Awesome! 5mins after above event, I killed two Dragons close to a Dragon Perch - After that, I rushed to the loot-spot to learn the Power Word and check for treasure but...

No, I didn't GET treasure, I got a heartattack from a flying undead Mage thing bursting out of a coffin and ambushing me... Thing called "Krosis" or something like that... Killed it and it drops this amazing light-helmet with +20% LockPicking, Archery & Alchemy stats on it - Looks bloody awesome, too, metal mask with a black hood - Sick!

I happened upon Krosis last night, I think he's a
    Dragon Priest
    . When the loading screen text mentioned them, I assumed they were part of the Main Quest...are the others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Mr. K wrote: »
    Dragon Priest
    . When the loading screen text mentioned them, I assumed they were part of the Main Quest...are the others?

Yup,
    10 in total
    , although I may be completely wrong. There's one,
    Morokei
    who you fight in the penultimate
    College of Winterhold quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Well I never had a quest for the guy, he just happened to explode out of a tomb right next to a treasure chest // word of power at a Dragon's Den - I'm just glad I killed the Dragon somewhere off his little mountain so I didn't have to stomach fighting both at once if I just ambushed the Dragon right on the perch.

I was on a College of Winterhold quest in a castle nearby and I noticed the Dragon symbol on my map (I can never resist checking them out). I actually ran in and got the three shouts, so I had to fight him and the Dragon together. Wasn't too bad since it was an ordinary Dragon.

I actually met my first
    Elder Dragon
    when I went back to the College. I fought him in the courtyard there, just hid behind the pillars and used my bow to wear him down. Some the Mages helped too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr. K wrote: »
    Dragon Priest

I happened upon him early in the game, and mentioned it here in this thread, what ever you do don't sell the
    mask you should have looted from him
    hold on to those there will be more that can be put to use at a certain place. Still kicking myself for losing that as once I found out they could be used elsewhere and not for just making you character look badass I really wanted to find out what would happen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

how do I buy a house in Whiterun? finally have 10 grand

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

krudler wrote: »

Talk to the steward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

krudler wrote: »

You probably don't want to know now but you only needed 5. :)

Advertisement