Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Burgo wrote: »
    links not working for me.

crap,I'll fix that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Does the normal DVD copy of the game come with a printed map or is that just the collectors edition?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does the normal DVD copy of the game come with a printed map or is that just the collectors edition?

standard edition comes with a map,i read that somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

How many days left again before this is out... :( I started to count but got depressed when I realized that it was over 10...
    Not sure I can take the wait anymore...

Agree with the pricing of the special edition - dragon would be cool to have but not at that price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

standard edition comes with a map,i read that somewhere

Good, expected no less from Bethesda anyways! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Does anyone know the spec for Skyrim for PC

Good, expected no less from Bethesda anyways! :)

and I think it a cloth texture map,not a paper one :) dont hold me to that though :pac:;)

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Does anyone know the spec for Skyrim for PC

there being released next month

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I love the Eldar Scrolls maps. I always have a Ringo Starr moment when I open the box. GEAHH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

SeantheMan wrote: »

Could be wrong but i think thats a fan made map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I haven't really been following this game much, and just read that preview, and it just sounds unreal. I really can't wait.

and I think it a cloth texture map,not a paper one :) dont hold me to that though :pac:;)

That would be awesome! Although I heard the cloth map was only for the collectors edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

yeah its true, the collectors edition is getting a cloth map, the normal version will get something like oblivion small paper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

As you make your way up to the theoretical level cap of 70 you won't have to worry about adding points in eight different attribute categories like in previous Elder Scrolls games.
    what ;s

i really like the dual wielding and the "flame throwing" idea though :D

i'll be a mage minor thief as usual...

lol @ marriage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I've never played an Elder Scrolls game, pointless to jump into the series at this stage? or are they standalone games set in the same world? from what I've seen of the trailers it looks stunning and its been forever since I played an rpg so I'm kinda interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

krudler wrote: »
    I've never played an Elder Scrolls game, pointless to jump into the series at this stage? or are they standalone games set in the same world? from what I've seen of the trailers it looks stunning and its been forever since I played an rpg so I'm kinda interested.

Standalone :)
    You should also be able to pick Oblivion GotY edition quite cheaply right now - but be prepared to say goodbye to a big part of your life if you do.
    Personally I cannot wait for Skyrim - but either way don't let it being a number 5 put you off in any way shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

play morrowind not oblivion :pac:

but yeah totally standalone dont worry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Vampire details sound exactly like Oblivion.

Nodferatu wrote: »
    yeah its true, the collectors edition is getting a cloth map, the normal version will get something like oblivion small paper one.

well.........thats a downer :'(

well.........thats a downer :'(

the regular one comes with a cloth map if you preorder it in HMV, was in there yesterday and saw it advertised

Taltos wrote: »
    Standalone :)
    You should also be able to pick Oblivion GotY edition quite cheaply right now - but be prepared to say goodbye to a big part of your life if you do.
    Personally I cannot wait for Skyrim - but either way don't let it being a number 5 put you off in any way shape or form.

cool,might pick it up so, it does look amazing and watching/reading Game of Thrones has got me hankering for some fantasy questing :pac:

krudler wrote: »
    cool,might pick it up so, it does look amazing and watching/reading Game of Thrones has got me hankering for some fantasy questing :pac:

are you getting it for pc or console?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Picked up Oblivion goty myself n HMV for 12 euro or so for PS3, never played the expansions before so they should keep me occupied until november!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Ya vamp details are describing Oblivion haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

How have so many people NEVER played any of the previous Elder Scrolls titles? :confused:

are you getting it for pc or console?:)

console, havent had a gaming pc in years, prob get it on xbox.

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    How have so many people NEVER played any of the previous Elder Scrolls titles? :confused:

had Oblivion in many a shopping cart online and in my hand in shops but never bought it, kept putting it off as figured I wouldnt get the time to devote to it. feel like I've missed out big time

Advertisement