Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Haha anytime I tried to hop into bed with someone it wouldn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

With regards to enchanting, when I disenchant something with say +30% bow damage it's only equating to 12% in the enchant menu (when using grand filled soul gems). The higher my enchanting the closer it becomes to the original charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Leeg17 wrote: »
    With regards to enchanting, when I disenchant something with say +30% bow damage it's only equating to 12% in the enchant menu (when using grand filled soul gems). The higher my enchanting the closer it becomes to the original charge?

Yes. In fact, it can go higher than +30 with enchanting potions + maxed enchanting skill.

IMHO, enchanting is seriously overpowered. At master difficultly, I was still able to 1-shot kill most mobs with a bow...and I was a mage.

Haha thanks Crazyrabbit.

I've ploughed nearly everything into destruction mage (fire cloak) and 2 handed and lockpicking so I'm trying to slowly level sneak/archery/enchanting/other skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Nevore wrote: »
    DS everything you can get your hands on and then enchant something cheap like steel knives, check the values on each enchant and use the most expensive selling one. Use iron knives either if you're levelling your smithing so you'll level two skills and get a decent bit of gold from selling them.

What does DS mean ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Is they're no way to remove an enchant to place another enchant on top of it, i got the dragon armor a while back but leveling enchanting in the mean time and got much better enchants now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

KilOit wrote: »
    Is they're no way to remove an enchant to place another enchant on top of it, i got the dragon armor a while back but leveling enchanting in the mean time and got much better enchants now

nope... stuck with it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm always forgetting to rename my enchanted items. We need a mod to allow renaming after the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

That's bollox with the enchants, luckily enough those dragons are free kills every hour or so and have enough to make a new set already. Is it possible to behead with a one hand and what activates those kill scenes, also is the sound effect from Fallout 3 intentional? :D

I only just got my 1st decapitaiton kill there today (over 110hrs played) as I was a mage and never got to make hand to hand kills before!

Went all werewolf on some chaps ass and bit his head off! Lovely so twas!

• Advertisement

So I left Skyrim at home cos I've exams 4th-9th.

**Rocks back and forth in corner**

So I left Skyrim at home cos I've exams 4th-9th.

**Rocks back and forth in corner**

good call man!! seriously good call!!

hypermuse wrote: »
    good call man!! seriously good call!!

Still haven't done a tap, Boards will be the death of me! :o

Off-topic, we should get some Blops in sometime after the 9th if you're free? Haven't played with you in a while, would be good to get some games in Eric :)

Still haven't done a tap, Boards will be the death of me! :o

Off-topic, we should get some Blops in sometime after the 9th if you're free? Haven't played with you in a while, would be good to get some games in Eric :)

twould indeed bud!! I aint played blops in a long time.. well not properly anyway! Should defo do some wagers :D they were class!!

Just think about all the binge skyrimming you can do when you are done!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Best shot ever !!!

You know thats got to be the next advancement in forum technology. A real time check to tell you a youtube video id has been posted 15 times already.

I must have missed it among the 407 pages on the forum. Apologies for not scrolling through them all and checking back every hour before posting.

I must have missed it among the 407 pages on the forum. Apologies for not scrolling through them all and checking back every hour before posting.

The response can be either of two possibilities. Sorry didn't realize or oh noes you criticised me must respond with sarcasm. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

mewso wrote: »
    The response can be either of two possibilities. Sorry didn't realize or oh noes you criticised me must respond with sarcasm. Oh well.

In fairness a lot of people might not have seen the video, that was my first time seeing it.

If you did see it 15 times already so what, no harm done!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQirv5J1f1HD4jT1Cyzdn50rcL2iTzVLuWyDi9xtlZCwPf8NANB

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

What level did you all do the Azura Star quest? I am finding the
    Dream like part where you have to go inside the azura and kill that dude a real pain. Those daedra guys are a real pain

In fairness a lot of people might not have seen the video, that was my first time seeing it.

If you did see it 15 times already so what, no harm done!

Well lets be fair it was a tongue in cheek remark on my part. Hardly an attack on Sean although he appears to have thought so which is my fault perhaps. No harm done indeed. On a brighter note I got the 4 disc Soundtrack today signed by Jeremy Soul. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

jmx009 wrote: »
    What level did you all do the Azura Star quest? I am finding the
    Dream like part where you have to go inside the azura and kill that dude a real pain. Those daedra guys are a real pain

i did that at approx level 15, i had the sanguine rose though which helped a lot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The sanguine rose is the biggest difficulty-killer in the game, for me anyway. Since getting it, there have been few dungeons & situations in general where I've found myself in trouble. If it does get all too much for me - ZAP - and suddenly I have a Dremora ass-kicker on hand to get rid of that pesky Draugr Deathlord, whilst I sneak into the shadows to recover. Rinse & repeat.

mewso wrote: »
    Well lets be fair it was a tongue in cheek remark on my part. Hardly an attack on Sean although he appears to have thought so which is my fault perhaps. No harm done indeed. On a brighter note I got the 4 disc Soundtrack today signed by Jeremy Soul. Great stuff.

Lol , don't worry, I didn't take offense :) But I honestly do check back here a few times a day, and didn't see that till today.
    On another note ........starts scrolling through previous 407 pages to see if posted before ..........the Top 10 Fus Roh Dahs !

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Steveo.1985

Got it for Christmas but with work and family so far I'm only 8 hours in and avoiding mountains with circling dragons as usually my battling them doesn't end well for me. What's the best way to tackle them solo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Got it for Christmas but with work and family so far I'm only 8 hours in and avoiding mountains with circling dragons as usually my battling them doesn't end well for me. What's the best way to tackle them solo?
    Although it takes ALL the fun out of fighting them, the best way I've found is get in close and hit them from the side. Stand right beside their legs and they can neither hit you with the tail or the head/mouth. Kinda ruined Dragons for me though. Found them to be a chore because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Steveo.1985

Although it takes ALL the fun out of fighting them, the best way I've found is get in close and hit them from the side. Stand right beside their legs and they can neither hit you with the tail or the head/mouth. Kinda ruined Dragons for me though. Found them to be a chore because of it.
    Cool, I'll try that. I keep loosing my bareings on them too when they fly but I'll just have to get quicker at moving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82,799 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Shield bashing helps, a lot. As does shouting FUS at them. Interrupts their breath attacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Overheal wrote: »
    As does shouting FUS at them. Interrupts their breath attacks.

In game, or at the telly?! I've been guilty of both :o:pac:

Advertisement