Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

how do you start that Azura star quest?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Skerries wrote: »
    Find the Shrine to Azura :) I think if you overhear a conversation ... somewhere... you'll get a map marker for the Shrine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

jmx009 wrote: »
    Aaa this Black star/ Azura star quest is a real bitch !!!

I first attempted it when i was lvl 27 and got owned in the
    last part of the mission where you meet the guy inside the azura star. Those 2 daedras are next to impossible to beat.

I then waited till i was 32 and tried again,I still cant beat
    those 2 daedras ( not even one actually)

I tried using the sanguine rose like someone mentioned in this thread but i still cant seem to beat it.

Any suggestions? I am predominantly a one handed fighter/ conjuring wizard. I use them restoration spells too. I nearly threw the controller at my TV yesterday. !

I poisoned my weapons, drank any decent potions I had, and I think maybe slowed time ...or else used FusRoDah and basically chopped him down as quick as possible....in that little alcove to the left just down the ramp
    The first Daedra was still attacking me though (I was drinking potions midbattle to keep health up) but once you kill the main guy it doesn't matter, you don't have to continue to fight them as its over.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

last elder scroll game played...myth... gave this 3 hours last night... seemed like the demformed love child of da:o and fallout 3... but slower... i was looking forward to this too :-(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Started playing this on Monday. There's one quest that I am having trouble with if anyone could help.

>Go to bed before 2 am on a work night

Awesome awesome game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I poisoned my weapons, drank any decent potions I had, and I think maybe slowed time ...or else used FusRoDah and basically chopped him down as quick as possible....in that little alcove to the left just down the ramp
    The first Daedra was still attacking me though (I was drinking potions midbattle to keep health up) but once you kill the main guy it doesn't matter, you don't have to continue to fight them as its over.

So should i follow the main guy and ignore his 2 minions? I will give that a try. If that wont work then i am definitely throwing my controller at the TV todaay !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Skerries wrote: »

i found out where the Azura's temple was on the map (from the internet) and went straight up there. At the temple there is a NPC who will give you the quest. thats how i found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Any suggestions?
    While my character build is fairly different to yours, I would think that you should be able to
    kill off the Daedra if you have a bow/Quiet Casting, and a little bit of sneak. I haven't tested it myself (but will definitely be trying it), but the Ice Form shout could work wonders there if you manage to hit at least 2 of the targets

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

jmx009 wrote: »
    So should i follow the main guy and ignore his 2 minions? I will give that a try. If that wont work then i am definitely throwing my controller at the TV todaay !!!

Might not help but I've only just done it, thanks to having Conjuration maxed out. I just hung back and kept summoning Dremora Lords to take care of his minions before going in, in full Ebony armour with shield and macing him to death.

last elder scroll game played...myth... gave this 3 hours last night... seemed like the demformed love child of da:o and fallout 3... but slower... i was looking forward to this too :-(

Someone else want to do the honours ? I'll start you off..

FUS...

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Started playing this on Monday. There's one quest that I am having trouble with if anyone could help.

>Go to bed before 2 am on a work night

Try, @1.30am -Turn off light, get into bed, close eyes, sleep,....I'm assuming that is the quest your having trouble with above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I only started the game after Christmas and haven't been able to devote much time to it (20 hours, level 14) - I've completed about 2 of the main quests, perhaps 3 of the companions quests and half a dozen side quests and am currently trying to make my way back to Whiterun from Markarth as the result of another cool side quest. I picked up a good few quests in Markarth but want to do more in Whiterun before tackling those so am just making my way back by foot.

From looking at the map I'd guess I have less than 10% of locations discovered and only about 5% explored / cleared. Given I'm 20 hours in already, how many more hours do you think I have to look forward to? I completed Fallout: NV with about 65 hours done, felt like I'd seen / done most of it, but am guessing 100+ hours will be required for Skyrim, as I love doing the side quests and will definitely complete all faction quest lines before finishing the main quest. How many hours have people here put in already or had put in before finishing with the game?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i put in 100 hours before I felt I was too overpowered and wasn't enjoying myself anymore
    i dont think i'd even discovered half the locations on the map, probably visited 25-30% of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

ionapaul wrote: »
    I only started the game after Christmas and haven't been able to devote much time to it (20 hours, level 14) - I've completed about 2 of the main quests, perhaps 3 of the companions quests and half a dozen side quests and am currently trying to make my way back to Whiterun from Markarth as the result of another cool side quest. I picked up a good few quests in Markarth but want to do more in Whiterun before tackling those so am just making my way back by foot.

Did that quest involve a
    drinking game? Thought that was brilliant, especially given I had seen so little of the map and how big and far away Markath is. Killed the spider but couldn't handle those robots in the excavation site. I'll go back when I've levelled up a bit as it seemed like there were some good items down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Seeing as the Vigilants of Stendarr are supposed to be priests dedicated to stamping out Daedra worship I decided to summon a Dremora Lord in the House of the Vigilant just to see what would happen. The Vigilants inside done absolutely nothing. They just continued to walk around with their heads down.
    Pussies is what they are, all talk and no action:pac::pac:

rickyjb wrote: »
    Did that quest involve a
    drinking game? Thought that was brilliant, especially given I had seen so little of the map and how big and far away Markath is. Killed the spider but couldn't handle those robots in the excavation site. I'll go back when I've levelled up a bit as it seemed like there were some good items down there.

Yep, that's it, I didn't see it coming so respect to the writers for that quest :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Think I'm 180 hours in roughly with some Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild quests left to do. From about 160 hours on I started fast travelling instead of exploring and I'm not playing it constantly anymore. I kind of want to finish off things so I can put it to one side for a few months and look forward to revisiting it for a replay then.

I hope I can prolong the playing experience by avoiding 'power-gaming' (playing a sneaky thief-mage so no heavy armour or giant swords for me, not going to buy a horse or use a companion much either) and just taking things slowly enough, playing about 10 / 15 hours a week or so (can't really find much more time for gaming unfortunately).

Usually once I've finished a game I almost never go back to it, so I really need to complete all faction quests / interesting quests in this playthrough, as I probably won't start with another character unless a year or two have past and I've nothing more interesting to play, which is unlikely to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

mewso wrote: »
    . I kind of want to finish off things so I can put it to one side for a few months and look forward to revisiting it for a replay then.
    Yeah I'm hoping some quality DLC will come out by Easter or something, then I'll install all the good mods and have another go as a thief\mage type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What the fuck you want from me Farkas you bitch??

Seriously does this guy ever piss off???
    He won't leave me alone.

Kill him

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Kill him
    Can I???
    Will I not be thrown in jail or have the whole village after me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Marry him. He clearly wants you.

Shryke wrote: »
    Marry him. He clearly wants you.
    There is something I want to jam up his arse but it's not that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Hate to say it but i've grown abit bored of the game now since I got daedric armor and have covered so much ground. Probably shouldn't have leveled my smithing so fast :( Still got 60 hours out of it so was well worth it :) ! Looking forward to DLCs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

This is probably one of the funniest Skyrim vids i've seen yet.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

http://www.dorkly.com/article/30121/where-skyrim-bugs-come-from

Reasons behind Skyrim bugs have been outed.

536a4edaa132e4ef064cb4c8529e5ea4.jpg

c0659a6ebeb54e8c2bb71fe4df03ca5e.jpg

3858384f8341eeb36601297adb9e145c.jpg

7f8c27529ce847dbe64e51a49dd0a276.jpg

99ab4ba06b8b192913d37b53d27d7c0d.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

cambo2008 wrote: »

He won't leave me alone.
    I had the same problem: it's a bug (surprise surprise) with the game code for Farkas in that he seems to be set as a town-guard. Check your stats, I bet you have a bounty on your head somewhere in Skyrim; and because townguards are set to automatically force-start a conversation, Farkas always runs up to you and talks. So if you can avoid him, go pay it off & you should then find Farkas back to normal.

I was in the middle of a Companions quest so couldn't get rid of him, was forced to use console commands to reset my bounty though :(

pixelburp wrote: »

He won't leave me alone.
    I had the same problem: it's a bug (surprise surprise) with the game code for Farkas in that he seems to be set as a town-guard. Check your stats, I bet you have a bounty on your head somewhere in Skyrim; and because townguards are set to automatically force-start a conversation, Farkas always runs up to you and talks. So if you can avoid him, go pay it off & you should then find Farkas back to normal.

I was in the middle of a Companions quest so couldn't get rid of him, was forced to use console commands to reset my bounty though :(
    I'm in the middle of a quest too.
    I nearly cried when I found out he was going on it with me,I'd only just managed to get away from him. :(

I tried killing him when we got offside but the ****er wouldnt die.
    Guess I'll have to give him the slip again and pay off whatever bounty is on me............and I've only just splashed out on a feckin horse I've been saving for.

I'm in the middle of a quest too.
    I nearly cried when I found out he was going on it with me,I'd only just managed to get away from him. :(

I tried killing him when we got offside but the ****er wouldnt die.
    Guess I'll have to give him the slip again and pay off whatever bounty is on me............and I've only just splashed out on a feckin horse I've been saving for.
    Well to be fair, I think it's one of those bugs you're justified in using the console to 'cheat'. If you're playing on the PC, then simply google something like 'Skyrim console reset bounty' and you'll get instructions on how to do it. :)

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well to be fair, I think it's one of those bugs you're justified in using the console to 'cheat'. If you're playing on the PC, then simply google something like 'Skyrim console reset bounty' and you'll get instructions on how to do it. :)
    On Ps3,no such options unfortunately.

Advertisement