Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

cambo2008 wrote: »
    On Ps3,no such options unfortunately.
    Enjoy the horse-ride so - don't believe you can fast travel when Farkas is doing his thing either ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

pixelburp wrote: »
    Enjoy the horse-ride so - don't believe you can fast travel when Farkas is doing his thing either ;)
    No you can't,he's such a dickhead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

Hi,

I just want to say that I'm away from Skyrim for the moment because I'm doing AC Revelations.
    Since it's a present from Mrs CML that I specifically requested,I feel duty bound to complete it.

And yes,it is great and I do like it and am enjoying it,but...

...anyway you guys have fun and I'll be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 GabbyJay

Love this game... tried to play when I got home drunk late at night, I had the Daedra's dog (Barbas?) with me and went to cash in a quest in an Inn. I ended up just falling asleep with the game on, drifting in and out to the occasional sounds of Barbas barking, and musings from the patrons of the inn. I'm really glad that they managed to get the atmosphere right this time. Oblivion completely missed the mark that Morrowind hit (remember that Ashlanders camp with the chimes and the grey wind, etc.)

One disappointment is the voices of the daedra. I've come across 4 or 5 daedra now and they sound ridiculous. I remember the shock I got the first time I was "visited" by a daedra in Daggerfall; it was eerie and very impressive. The books, the shrines, and all the mythology built up subsequently was really undermined by the voices and the personalities given to them in Skyrim. That guy who gives you the axe sounds like your average London football fan; not exactly awe-inspiring or sinister. I'd be more worried about him trying to steal my chips than capture my soul or something.

One thing greatly improved is the archery. In the next game I hope they can figure out how to make this a bigger part of the game-play.

That macho mod is hilarious by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ah cock. Finally bet morokei and I forget to save. Where's me beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i just stuck in skyrim today id say first time in about 4 weeks, i had to download a patch 2.02 or something, what does that fix? a patch that patches a patch that was previously patched by a patch??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

In that vein...

655efa6e4fe0167fe6431f7c1ffa223e.jpg

Has anyone been caught out by the blasted Markarth guard glitch? Where you would do the Forsworn conspiracy quest and afterwards the guards constantly attack. It's really annoying and I can't complete many quests due to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Feck sake not this crap again......

Just done two misc missions in a row both times no reward even after the person was about to give me something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Has anyone been caught out by the blasted Markarth guard glitch? Where you would do the Forsworn conspiracy quest and afterwards the guards constantly attack. It's really annoying and I can't complete many quests due to it.

Yup inadvertently started that, and to remedy it i had to join the stormcloaks and win the war.

Now i can go back there, for a while the 37 gaurds i murdercated were still lying at the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Just realised the good old "Colonel" from MGS is doing voicework in this game :P Can't mistake it, even when he's trying to sound like an overgrown meatheaded nord scumbag.

really?? never noticed!! got any examples for nostalgia purposes! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Just realised the good old "Colonel" from MGS is doing voicework in this game :P Can't mistake it, even when he's trying to sound like an overgrown meatheaded nord scumbag.
    There's a couple of people I think I recognise too. Colonel Tigh from BS:G is the only one I figured out for sure though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nevore wrote: »
    There's a couple of people I think I recognise too. Colonel Tigh from BS:G is the only one I figured out for sure though.
    I wasn't sure at first, I had to check IMDB, but the guy who played Garrett in the Thief series contributes voices to a whole raft of characters

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

pixelburp wrote: »
    I wasn't sure at first, I had to check IMDB, but the guy who played Garrett in the Thief series contributes voices to a whole raft of characters

Yeah he also plays the leader of the Thieves Guild!

Another two are Tullius (who i think is Cpt. Anderson in ME) and the guy in the DB who gives you contracts (Radio presenter in Fallout 3).

• Registered Users Posts: 82,796 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This is probably one of the funniest Skyrim vids i've seen yet.:D

And thats why you buy Skyrim on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

This is probably one of the funniest Skyrim vids i've seen yet.

Half expected everyone to break out into a dance! I am disappoint:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I must have slipped off the cultural ladder. No idea who Macho Man is.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 GabbyJay

mewso wrote: »
    I must have slipped off the cultural ladder. No idea who Macho Man is.

Randy Savage, wrestler from the 80's. Haven't seen a wrestling match since I was 7 years old but I vaguely remember him from back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

10- Courior interrupting a dragon attack...

I had the exact same thing. Really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As part of the Companions quests I went out and killed some witches and was bringing back on eof the heads to Kodlak only to find out
    The Silver Hand had attacked an killed Kodlak
    I was suppose to start the Purity of Blood quest and go to DriftShade Ridge but I've cleared it previously and now have to wait 30 days to reset that place.

Skyrim will be the end of many controllers for me I fear.

:(

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    I had the exact same thing. Really annoying.
    In one case I was applying a finishing move to a dragon when this guy runs up and asks me to hold something he stole. I'm sitting there just going "Uhm...." and he's like "Great it'll only take a second" and I'm still hacking away at this dragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

similar dragon related daftness I encountered earlier on in the game (maybe fixed at this point) - so I arrive in Riften, and you have to talk to the guards before you get into the city

so halfway through the conversation, I just get dropped out of the dialogue options, and the 2 guards draw bows and leg it off - a dragon had shown up. So they're running around like headless chickens, me alongside them, ineffectively shooting arrows at this dragon... for like 10 mins. The fecker never landed. I got bored before them, and just headed for the door to Riften. But just get a crash to desktop soon as I try the door.

Restart, I fast travel to Riften, same thing happens again, along with the same CTD. 3rd time lucky though, flew through the dialogue before the dragon arrived (just), and snuck in the door

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Overheal wrote: »
    In one case I was applying a finishing move to a dragon when this guy runs up and asks me to hold something he stole. I'm sitting there just going "Uhm...." and he's like "Great it'll only take a second" and I'm still hacking away at this dragon.
    Happened to me too, except in my case I was getting my ass kicked and running like mad for cover. Some dude appears out of nowhere and gives me a crappy set of armor. Then of course: "You are carrying too much to be able to run"

AAAaaagh !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Dragon attack in Winterhold College. Home of the magic of Skyrim, the greatest body of mages in the country.
    They ALL bog off leaving me to fight it. SOME loyalty to your Arch-mage there lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

reallyrose wrote: »
    Dragon attack in Winterhold College. Home of the magic of Skyrim, the greatest body of mages in the country.
    They ALL bog off leaving me to fight it. SOME loyalty to your Arch-mage there lads!
    Tbh, having people 'help' you kill a dragon is more bothersome IMO. I was attacked by a dragon in Falkreath, and hit it with Marked For Death (since I was forced to fight him with my bow and 40 Archery skill :P).

As the dragon flew off at ~10% health, some of the guards finished him while he was out of my line-of-sight, and I never managed to find the body :( And that's when I went on a rampage in Falkreath (post-Quick Save) to vent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shnoobies

I've had this game just over a week now and it is sooo hard! I cant kill any dragons it's ridiculous I get raped by them 24/7!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I was talking to a certain charecter on the throat of the world, when all of a sudden I hear lads shout "this will teach you for theiving" behind me.

God dammit guys you chased me up the entire mountain only for me to destroy you?

I was talking to a certain charecter on the throat of the world, when all of a sudden I hear lads shout "this will teach you for theiving" behind me.

God dammit guys you chased me up the entire mountain only for me to destroy you?
    FUS RHO DAH!

Seriously. Anytime there's a ledge. Usually an instant kill :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Tonight my boyfriend spent a full 40 minutes climbing the steep, pathless side of the Throat. :rolleyes:

I was initially too lazy to go around to find the path up, so I attempted to bounce my way up the other side. I was going to give up but he insisted he could do it.

And fair dues, he got my sneaky-mage up without encountering any beasties!

It was just so funny to see him inching his way up the mountain. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

shnoobies wrote: »
    I've had this game just over a week now and it is sooo hard! I cant kill any dragons it's ridiculous I get raped by them 24/7!!!

Hard? If anything, this game is too easy..even at Master difficulty. There are only a few quests that could be considered hard.

I've been trying to find ways to make the game harder. I don't use armor anymore, just enchanted 'clothes', and I still find the game easy.

What difficulty are you playing at?

Advertisement