Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Overheal wrote: »
    FUS RHO DAH!

Seriously. Anytime there's a ledge. Usually an instant kill :D

My favorite is when you accidentally lean on the shout button while in town and everyone gets really annoyed. Just because a guard or passerby went flying.

People can be so touchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

reallyrose wrote: »
    My favorite is when you accidentally lean on the shout button while in town and everyone gets really annoyed. Just because a guard or passerby went flying.

People can be so touchy.
    especially children for some reason :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

especially children for some reason :pac:

They don't like you hurting their chickens either. Learned that one the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

People can be so touchy.

It can work out for you too though. I was in the Hall of The Vigilant (of Stendarr) and accidentally threw out a Frost breath shout (narrowly missing a guard).

A day or two later, a courier comes up to me with a note saying (paraphrasing) "dude, people were totally put out by that shout you did in the hall of the vigilant, but I think its badass, here's the location of a dragon wall in a tomb you haven't found yet".

Thanks buddy, appreciate that! Nice little touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I have to say Labrynthion is one hell of a cool place on the outside and not too shabby either on the inside (which can only be accessed
    near the end of the Mage's College questline when you receive a "door knocker" item
    Between killing Nilsine Shatter Shield in her sleep, sacrificing my companion to Boethia and doing house burgularies in Riften my character has gone from being a cocky but caring guy to being a total scumbag:P.

• Advertisement

It can work out for you too though. I was in the Hall of The Vigilant (of Stendarr) and accidentally threw out a Frost breath shout (narrowly missing a guard).

A day or two later, a courier comes up to me with a note saying (paraphrasing) "dude, people were totally put out by that shout you did in the hall of the vigilant, but I think its badass, here's the location of a dragon wall in a tomb you haven't found yet".

do a shout in all the towns/areas and you get one of "the friend" again as long as you dont have one already :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

doesnt have to be a city, I attacked a few outposts that were being manned by bandits or whoever at the time and soon after got a letter. I thought it was leading to some interesting conspiracy subplot before I realised it was just the game holding me by the hand telling me where to go

You never find the friend?? thats a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Patch 1.4 to fix the PS3 lag...apparently. Due out this month but I heard this before. Will wait and see. I'm not getting much lag but my GF's game keeps freezing and stuttering. It's fine after turning off autosave but a pain in the hole when you forget to save and have to do a whole cave again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Anyone else find that after maybe 48hours of play, the game becomes quite dull, predictable (minus the random encounters) and quite dull. I did but I came back to it a few weeks later and it was a joy to play again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Last time I played I ended up in the extreame south east of the map and I encountered a dragon as I was on my way to a dragon burial lair place.. Turns out there was another dragon there guarding the shout SO I had to deal with two dragons which was deadly!

I then decided to use my dragon call to get my good old dragon friend buddy!

So there was 3 dragons flying around the place.. and some bandits! I summoned 2 dremora lords and just watched everyone tear each other to pieces!! was pretty amazing tbh!! Lots of bones to be had! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

It works in one of the pubs in Winterhold as well, I think its the Bannered Mare, but it could be the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shnoobies

Hard? If anything, this game is too easy..even at Master difficulty. There are only a few quests that could be considered hard.

I've been trying to find ways to make the game harder. I don't use armor anymore, just enchanted 'clothes', and I still find the game easy.

What difficulty are you playing at?

I think i'm playing at the Adept level, I'm a High Elf Level 14, seriously I suck at this game, I get stuck so easily for example at the moment I keep getting killed by a bear!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'm at the pick it up, put it down stage as well. Just over 83 hours in and level 45 and I've only completed the Mages quest line, one Daedric quest, done a bit of the Thieves and main quest, as well as become Thane in about five of the holds. I've cleared a lot of dungeons though! I'd agree that doing the main quest lines brings the game back to life.

The difficulty seems to be balanced just right for me. If the mobs get close to me they'll take me down as quickly as I can drop them. After seeing some of the issues that people have had, I've deliberately avoided power levelling up my smithing to get the best armour and weapons, with the exception of my unenchanted ebony (flawless) bow. I'm just going with whatever weapons and armour I come across. No defensive or offensive enchants on my armour. Not using companions or summoned creatures also helps keeps some of the challenge. Failing that, I can move up to Master difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

shnoobies wrote: »
    ...for example at the moment I keep getting killed by a bear!

Bears are lethal and will pose a serious threat if they get near you, for a long time .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sarn wrote: »
    Bears are lethal and will pose a serious threat if they get near you, for a long time .

Funny, i never really found them a pain. Now i can kill them in 2 hits. I am a one-handed tank though.

I've 122 1/2 hours clocked, level 51 (god damn leveling up after 50 is crazy hard!), currently trying to kill everything with my bow to level that up. Just started the DB questline, some thieves quests left, bards college to do, and all those misc quests. Getting bored of it, but can't put it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Patch 1.4 to fix the PS3 lag...apparently.
    Please let that patch fix that wanker Farkas aswell!!!

cambo2008 wrote: »

What's wrong with Farkas?

• Advertisement

he follows you around if you have bounty, clear the bounty he goes away.

He's a dickhead and he wont leave me alone.
    I hate him,he won't die either and I can't fast travel anywhere because the game thinks im being pursued by guards when it's really auld beardy chops himself.

"I think we need to train some more"
    "Really Farkas??? I think you need to f**k off or you're going back to GameStop"

God I hate him.

he follows you around if you have bounty, clear the bounty he goes away.
    How do you know where to pay the bounty??

Farkas and Vilkas are tagged as guards, which will make them chase you if you have a high enough bounty
    Go to all the towns and talk to the guards :pac:

I got a hadvar bug today after doing the civil war missions, everytime i went to whiterun in he would come sword drawn annoying me, I could fast travel though but I went to the wiki and it told me it was a bug and a fix for it. Sorted!

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim

^^tis your only man in a pinch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Doesn't it show your bounty in each Hold in your Stats?

Mr. K wrote: »
    It does actually apparently i owe 5 in falkreath... i havent been to falkreath

Mr. K wrote: »

I couldn't find it in stats on ps3,maybe it's just pc.

Stats tell me I've 2 murders but doesn't say where.I guess that's the problem.

It does actually apparently i owe 5 in falkreath... i havent been to falkreath

You might have been somewhere in the Hold. Nicked a tea-spoon or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Thought I'd post this, not sure if anyone else has, apologies if so...

Anyway, for me, this is the Skyrim mod of the year on PC...

Macho Man Randy Savage Dragons, lol :D

5518-1-1325898357.jpg

EDIT: Here's the link to the mod - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5518

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,279 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Rest his soul :(

Advertisement