Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

quarryman wrote: »
    How have so many people NEVER played any of the previous Elder Scrolls titles? :confused:
    I've MW, much better than OB imo, I don't even think OB is that good(due to the level scaling)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

BrianG23 wrote: »
    I've MW, much better than OB imo, I don't even think OB is that good(due to the level scaling)

first thing i did was get a mod for the level scaling tbh

bluewolf wrote: »
    first thing i did was get a mod for the level scaling tbh
    First played on 360 unfortunately. Was only 13 or something when it came out. I got a mod to change the game around but by th time I got it I was basically was just finished with it. I'll get around to playing it eventually, Oscuro's Oblivion overhaul is what I got.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there's a landscapes mod as well, and some natural weather mod.. walking around with the landscapes mod on is awesome, and then when a rainstorm start pelting down on you.. the only game i've seen do weather better is s.t.a.l.k.e.r., or maybe red dead redemption

there's a landscapes mod as well, and some natural weather mod.. walking around with the landscapes mod on is awesome, and then when a rainstorm start pelting down on you.. the only game i've seen do weather better is s.t.a.l.k.e.r., or maybe red dead redemption

Yeah I got them as well I think. Better weather and someone's graphics mod anyway, the one with Bugs and stuff flying around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Does anyone notice that the elder scrolls theme sounds kinda like the pirates of the carabean!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

other way around. :)
    though i love the way the skyrim theme mixes elements of the morrowind and oblivion soundtracks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

ah all you youngins talkin about your Oblivion and Morrowind, it was all about daggerfall and arena kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Gandalph wrote: »
    ah all you youngins talkin about your Oblivion and Morrowind, it was all about daggerfall and arena kids :)

Nope - Dungeon Master....

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

how many people here actually finished an elder scrolls game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I finished Morrowind, but only by completely ignoring most of the side quests.

Never even bothered with finishing Oblivion.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

finished them both, but oblivion was more of a struggle as the main quest was the most boring

Well I never finished either for both those reasons pretty much. Morrowind (and Oblivion) were too damn fun to waddle around in, so you never finish the story and eventually you just get completely lost - or in the case of Oblivion, completely bored because they failed at adding any sense of variety in the Oblivion realm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cleared Morrowind back in the day, and did most side quests (iirc). Played a huge amount of Oblivion, but never actually finished it. Might just go through the main quest on my current playthrough to get it out of the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056385557

Started that thread in the elder scrolls forum, doesnt seem to be much activity in there so I figure Id ask here..
    Have played regular Oblivion to death but have never played the expansions, so to tide me over until Skyrim I got the Oblivion GOTY edition.

Started a new game, and I was wondering should I head into the Shivering Isles straight away or should I level up some? I'm worried that if I head in straight away all the gear will be crappy low level stuff and I will miss out on some quality stuff.

What do you reckon? I'm just pissing around with the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood atm, done it all before though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I always found if I completed the main quests in Morrowind or Oblivion, I'd stop playing the game altogether.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056385557

Started that thread in the elder scrolls forum, doesnt seem to be much activity in there so I figure Id ask here..

What do you reckon? I'm just pissing around with the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood atm, done it all before though.

i don';t think you're allowed into the shivering isles before a certain level, i tried a few times and was always told (paraphrasing slightly) "**** off noob"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

i don';t think you're allowed into the shivering isles before a certain level, i tried a few times and was always told (paraphrasing slightly) "**** off noob"

It's only a low-level though. Around level 3-5 i think. So no need to wait for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Could'nt you complete Marrowind after like 5 min? Pretty sure you could waddle your way up to Dagoth Ur (this the right name?) after you get off the boat in seyda neen (also could be mispelled) and knock lumps out of him with the correct spells in hand.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

possible in less than five yes. man i want to play this and blivion again. lost my discs dammit /dl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I've only ever seen 7 mins or so.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i remember this one, but with use of a bug, dunno if your one has that too

you can complete oblivion pretty nippy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

There were speedruns at about 4-5 using glitches in early game versions too.

Bethesda have officially released the demo footage now.
    http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/09/12/20-minutes-of-skyrim-action/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Can't wait now, it will be epic!!

possible in less than five yes. man i want to play this and blivion again. lost my discs dammit /dl
    Steam is your friend. Steam loves you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Monotype wrote: »
    There were speedruns at about 4-5 using glitches in early game versions too.

:eek:

Overheal wrote: »
    Steam is your friend. Steam loves you.

ye never added it, and i havent had a disc drive in years, even if i had the cd! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

how many times have we heard him say "You can walk to the top of that mountain" ? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

how many times have we heard him say "You can walk to the top of that mountain" ? :p

I've seen that footage or close variations of it so many times now but there's always small differences and increases in quality every time.

However when all we had was a trailer, I did say:
    I want to climb that huge mountain shown near the end.

• Advertisement

I'm sure the game will be epic, but I'm less sure that I'll end up finishing it.

That is precisely why I bought Fallout when it went on sale price.

Advertisement