Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

SeantheMan wrote: »
    It's the start of a Daedric quest , I assume it was the guy in Dawnstar Inn
    Yup that's the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

This game is ****ed for me :(
    I finally found out where my bounty was(I'd never even been to Riften),paid it off and was able to fast travel again for the first time in ages.

So I decided to go straight back to Whiterun to finish off my quest as I thought Farkas wouldn't be bothering me anymore.
    Low and behold he's still at it,I had done nothing in between paying the bounty and meeting him and now I can't fast travel again since I met him.
    What the **** is going on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Anyone experience a bug on the pc where the game pauses for a split second before an NPC says something. For example sprinting through a town like Whiterun, when you come across the "I work for Belethor at the general goods store" fella, the game will pause for 1 second before he opens his mouth and then all is back to normal....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

cambo2008 wrote: »
    This game is ****ed for me :(
    I finally found out where my bounty was(I'd never even been to Riften),paid it off and was able to fast travel again for the first time in ages.

So I decided to go straight back to Whiterun to finish off my quest as I thought Farkas wouldn't be bothering me anymore.
    Low and behold he's still at it,I had done nothing in between paying the bounty and meeting him and now I can't fast travel again since I met him.
    What the **** is going on!!!

Finish the 'Companions' storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Orizio wrote: »
    Finish the 'Companions' storyline.
    I can't do anything with Farkas around,he's supposed to be accompanying me to a cave but all he wants to do is draw his sword on me and talk shìte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Stupid bloody bugged quests, WTF why should I have to check a wiki to make sure I don't to the quest chain in the right order and end up not being able to get the dialogue option to collect the rewards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Because Bethesda have a crippling, irrational fear of beta testing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Does anyone have an issue with their one handed perk tree? I'm level 57 on one handed. However, when I look at the tree, it says my im level 20. It's highlighted in red.

Any ideas?

Sarky wrote: »
    Because Bethesda have a crippling, irrational fear of beta testing?

:(

It's like playing VtM: Bloodlines.

Oh and don't get me Started on the "Perks", WTF is wrong with a skill tree/matix and making suggestions. Most bloody useless way of lvling up in a game yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Does anyone have an issue with their one handed perk tree? I'm level 57 on one handed. However, when I look at the tree, it says my im level 20. It's highlighted in red.

Any ideas?

Check your Active Effects, you might be diseased! :eek:

Has anyone had trouble with the Needlebane quest?
    I've gone up to Orphan's Rock, killed the harpy-thing. The quest notification is over its head but no dagger to be found. I've had a good hunt around the area to no avail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

reallyrose wrote: »
    Check your Active Effects, you might be diseased! :eek:

Has anyone had trouble with the Needlebane quest?
    I've gone up to Orphan's Rock, killed the harpy-thing. The quest notification is over its head but no dagger to be found. I've had a good hunt around the area to no avail.
    HAve you looted the Hagraven?

HAve you looted the Hagraven?

Looted her to bits! She's empty now but still has the quest marker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

reallyrose wrote: »
    Looted her to bits! She's empty now but still has the quest marker.

Nettlebane Quest
    She should have the nettlebane dagger when you loot her..

Must be yet another bug if it's not working, I just did it the other day so pretty sure you just loot it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Anyone else find it really strange that looted corpses are referred to as "empty"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Over simplified and a little bloated. Even though you swung and missed with weapons in Morrowind, there was always a satisfation that was unmatched when you actually made contact with an enemy. Made me feel like I was properly levelling up/practicing my skillZ.

I realise going back to Morrowind's system would be a major leap back, but Bethesda need to start looking at why Elder Scrolls fans prefer Morrowind to Oblivion.....and in my case Skyrim too. Skyrim is better than Oblivion, but it was too easy to put down....to forget about or pass over for another game in comparison to Morrowind. Maybe it's the hand holding or the stale combat. Still a great game though, and miles better than a lot of tripe out there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just got attacked by a mugger and a dragon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

whats the best way to get conjoration up? im level 27 and so far can only find those staffs that conjour the dogs and zombie and I fancy getting one of those big glowy monsters. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I tried out Skyboost which gave me a huge boost in performance on my 4650. Runs like butter now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Overature wrote: »
    whats the best way to get conjoration up? im level 27 and so far can only find those staffs that conjour the dogs and zombie and I fancy getting one of those big glowy monsters. thanks

always cast a familiar/flame autrodude person to accompany you in a battle and also cast conjure sword/bow etc.. keep doing it and you'll get to 100 in now time!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

its-motivation-15.jpg?w=500&h=377

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

After you do the pub crawl quest and you meet that guy that says you owe him money,why is it that you keep meeting the same guy even though you've killed him 5 times already?:confused:

After you do the pub crawl quest and you meet that guy that says you owe him money,why is it that you keep meeting the same guy even though you've killed him 5 times already?:confused:

alienssquare.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Bet alduin last night first go. Fooker swung his tail as I gave the final shot and we both died together. Got pissed off and went to one of the lads for a drink to calm meself down. Going to bed now haha. The bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

krudler wrote: »
    its-motivation-15.jpg?w=500&h=377
    Skyrim was never not cool!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Skyrim was never not cool!!

Exactly, it was popular before it was even released.

"Playing The Elder Scrolls before it was cool" might be a more appropriate slogan, if indeed seeking out a false sense of superiority is what your looking to achieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,277 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Any news on expansions ?

"Hey, melon nose!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Yeah, those insults aren't exactly, uh, insulting.

That would be what you'd say, meat-roast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

milk drinker!

Advertisement