Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Sarky wrote: »
    Yeah, those insults aren't exactly, uh, insulting.

"Hey, Skeever butt!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Sarky wrote: »
    Yeah, those insults aren't exactly, uh, insulting.

Aw, did someone steal your sweetroll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Aw, did someone steal your sweetroll?
    Hahaha no way lol .

Where's this racist fella in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

seanybiker wrote: »
    Hahaha no way lol .

Where's this racist fella in the game?

The guards are always saying it to me. It doesn't even make any sense as I'd be standing still, they'd walk by and make the remark.

Next guard, though, gets an axe through the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Duggy747 wrote: »
    The guards are always saying it to me. It doesn't even make any sense as I'd be standing still, they'd walk by and make the remark.

Next guard, though, gets an axe through the head.

Wait.. I know you. *squint beadily*

• Advertisement

After 120 hours of skyrim, I still think its funny to say 'no you don't!' to the TV and zoom my character around a corner.

I love this game:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Anyone getting annoyed yet with that demented preacher at the Statue of Talos in Whiterun? I got sick of his rants so I went over to him and took his head off with Molag Bal's mace.
    was later attacked by four Stormcloak guards. After killing them some of the townfolk started walking over and checking out the bodies. Another Stormcloak guard came over to the scene of the carnage and promised to "get" whoever done this. As I tried to sneak past the guard goes "YOU! do you know anything about this?" Of course, I denied all responsibility. The guard them just let me off but told me that she was watching me. I think I'll give Whiterun a wide berth for a while until the heat is off.

If I come across anymore annoying idiots they are gonna get Molag Bal's mace into the neck courtesy of Jaime Lannister
    game-of-thrones-nikolaj-coster-waldau-jaime-lannister-WIDE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

why oh why didnt the make the achievments harder for this game, ive millions of places to explore but with all achievments theres no real carrot to do so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

luckyfrank wrote: »
    why oh why didnt the make the achievments harder for this game, ive millions of places to explore but with all achievments theres no real carrot to do so

Collect 10,000 carrots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Argh, 30 hours in, managed to get Lydia killed last night inside a keep towards the end (I hope - it's a long quest!) of A Night To Remember. Got into a big brawl with a load of wizards, had Lydia and a Fire Atronach on my side but it was a very, very close run thing, used up most of my good potions, only to finally turn around in triumph to find her dead corpse on the stairs :(

Even sadder, she was my pack-horse so I've had to leave a load of loot with her, argh! I'm only level 19 and still finding the game hard in places, which is enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I really want a button to locate my companion. He keeps getting lost and Im not sure if he's dead or alive.

Lydia must have died on me too somewhere, she had a heap of dragonbones that I wanted to cash in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

ionapaul wrote: »
    Argh, 30 hours in, managed to get Lydia killed last night inside a keep towards the end (I hope - it's a long quest!) of A Night To Remember. Got into a big brawl with a load of wizards, had Lydia and a Fire Atronach on my side but it was a very, very close run thing, used up most of my good potions, only to finally turn around in triumph to find her dead corpse on the stairs :(

Even sadder, she was my pack-horse so I've had to leave a load of loot with her, argh! I'm only level 19 and still finding the game hard in places, which is enjoyable.

I lost Lydia at the same point in my game. I had just killed all the mages, but I accidently used Fire Cloak when she was beside me, so she began to attack. I just fled through the
    portal to Morvunskar
    Haven't seen her since. I checked in Breezehome and Dragonsreach but it seems she must have died

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

luckyfrank wrote: »

you need achievements to enjoy games? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Liam O wrote: »
    you need achievements to enjoy games? :confused:
    No but the achievments could have being spread way better, i enjoy working towards getting them

• Registered Users Posts: 82,794 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I lost Lydia at the same point in my game. I had just killed all the mages, but I accidently used Fire Cloak when she was beside me, so she began to attack. I just fled through the
    portal to Morvunskar
    Haven't seen her since. I checked in Breezehome and Dragonsreach but it seems she must have died
    I had her dead long before then but in that dungeon with all the mages I did away with my usual hack and slash and hid in the shadows shooting them in the face with arrows :pac: I'm not THAT crazy.

Ice Shout is the best thing ever for those situations though.

I dumped my companions, I got sick of them LEEEROOOY JEEEENKIIINSing it about the place when I'm trying to be sneaky.

Just finished the Lexicon/Avanchnzel quest.
    Bit of an anti climax, I was expecting something exciting to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

reallyrose wrote: »
    I dumped my companions, I got sick of them LEEEROOOY JEEEENKIIINSing it about the place when I'm trying to be sneaky.

Just finished the Lexicon/Avanchnzel quest.
    Bit of an anti climax, I was expecting something exciting to happen

The sneaking thing is very annoying too I find. And I also expected something... more epic... from that quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I really want a button to locate my companion. He keeps getting lost and Im not sure if he's dead or alive.

Lydia must have died on me too somewhere, she had a heap of dragonbones that I wanted to cash in :(

Maybe she died from exhaustion due to being overloaded with dragon bones?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Certainly would be nice if you could bind commands for your companion to certain keys like (Wait/Leave/Follow/Trade) so you didnt have to enter into conversation to tell them to wait up.

Some enterprising modder will do the business I'm sure. I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

So have people heard of the Captured Critters Conspiracy?
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.335610-Skyrim-Fans-Uncover-Insectoid-Conspiracy
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim may be full of bugs, but according to dedicated fans of the game, there's an ominous reason for that.......See, the lid of each jar is emblazoned with a rune that when translated from the language of the dragons into English offers a vague description of a location within Skyrim. Weird, right? Man, you ain't seen nothin' yet..

Guys you have no idea how deep this rabbit hole goes. Click on the link in the above article that'll take you to the thread on reddit where it all began.

And you thought you knew Skyrim?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

How come in the menu it gives you the value of items but in shops you never get the said value?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Battleflag wrote: »
    How come in the menu it gives you the value of items but in shops you never get the said value?

That's the base value. With some skills in speech or whatever, you'll get a closer and closer value to the base value.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Battleflag wrote: »

Depends on your speech skill. The higher your skill level, the better prices you get for buying and selling items. If you have it maxed out you buy and sell at the item's actual value.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Ah I see, so much to learn about this game. I've never played such an in depth game, jaw droppingly good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Haven't actually played much Skyrim in the last few weeks; I may have burned myself out a little.

While I haven't actually finished everything there is to do in the world (my quest list still bulges with misc. tasks), I have discovered enough locations to reduce most quests into a series of fast-travels between points on the map. So it has all descended into a series of fetch quests by rota.

Might think about deleting my saves & starting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

pixelburp wrote: »
    Might think about deleting my saves & starting again.

Don't bother deleting, just start a new game with a different build.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Only a level 6 and just got the staff for conjugation, at the moment I can summon "familiars" which is just a ghost dog thing, when can I summon that fire woman? Do I just have to keep levelling up Conjugation?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Only a level 6 and just got the staff for conjugation, at the moment I can summon "familiars" which is just a ghost dog thing, when can I summon that fire woman? Do I just have to keep levelling up Conjugation?

If you're looking to conjugate with a fire demon, best wait for a mod to do so.

If you want to conjure one though, it's an apprentice level spell. At least 25 skill in Conjuration is required. You can learn it off various vendors, or wait til you hit the College in Winderhold. Your call.

Fairly good spell, worth the investment, good quality side-troop. They're great against ice beasts. Handy to have around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Don't bother deleting, just start a new game with a different build.
    Naw, not my style; I figure if you're going to role-play, might as well do things properly.

Advertisement