Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Adyx wrote: »
    Sneak up and pickpocket a briar heart from their inventory. ;)

Nah I'm not fighting them for the briarhearts, I already have a few, it's just the fact they're surprisingly tough to kill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Nah I'm not fighting them for the briarhearts, I already have a few, it's just the fact they're surprisingly tough to kill
    What I meant was pickpocketing the briar heart from their inventory results in an instant kill. They literally have briar hearts (you can see it on their chests where there is a hole with a briar heart in it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Level 40 now and I only decided to get a horse a few minutes ago to waste some cash. Bloody hell, they're brilliant. They swim and almost make it up the side of a mountain without falling to their death.
    My fella is a bit of a rogue though. I went to sneak up on someone and he went off and kicked the bejaysus outta them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭alanmc

So, I've been playing this game since it was released. I started with a Sneak-Thief Dark Elf. I didn't use spellcasting much. Assassin's Blade was just waaay too powerful to not use.

Started again tonight with a Breton Battlemage and I've just discovered that
    the pink shimmery stuff on the floor in some of the dungeons is highly flammable and can be used to great effect with a flame spell to take out a plethora of enemies. Just lure them in and hit the roast button.
    . I'm not even sure if this warrants spolier tags and I'm probably the last to figure this out. But, it's a very good sign that this game is still surprising me after so many hours. I'd say if I'd kept playing the Stealth game, I would have completely missed this.

In Stealth mode, I must have avoided all that. But yeah, only discovered it tonight.

I played Oblivion pretty much exclusively in stealth as well. But I got a hankering for some Heavy Armour and explosive spells tonight, so decided to build a new character. Glad I did now. It's like a completely different game.

• Advertisement

I never use a companion. They always seemed to negate some of my stealthiness.

But I'm loving the 'going in all hands flaming/sparking' approach .... and then switching to my great sword to mop up in close.

I'm going to experiment with Frenzy and Resurrect spells as well.

Don't use companions meself. I did run off on the mercer quest and he followed me around for a few quests and busted a few snots so it was all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

RopeDrink wrote: »
    You only discovered that now?

I mean, it's only flammable oil that makes up 20% of traps in dungeons... Surely you would have noticed when well placed flaming pot attatched to the ceiling and connected to a floor-pad or trip wire decided to fall and roast your nuts, no?

But yeah, it works well if you use it before the trap.

And well placed arrow can turn the trap into a sneaky elf's best friend! ^_^

BOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Gah fecking blood on the ice quest done got it'self bugged.

anyone know if there will be a 360 patch out soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Sharrow wrote: »

I can't do this quest either because I killed the guard that you have to talk to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Sharrow wrote: »

I can't do this quest either because I killed the guard that you have to talk to

I didnt even know it was a quest and followed the trail, then when i was told to follow it i already had and couldnt go any further. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I didnt even know it was a quest and followed the trail, then when i was told to follow it i already had and couldnt go any further. :(

Same thing happened here and the name of the house the trail leads to is very similar to the name of the priest of arkay who you are mean to talk to first and the two quest marks for them stack one on top of each other on the map.

It's a ****ty bug which kills an interesting quest/story line.

Woo I finally got me 2 handed upto 99. Not bad for a wood elf. Got me archery upto 48 . Haha I'm doing the game so wrong.
    I still have to enchant me weapons. Does enchanting the weapons make much of a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

seanybiker wrote: »
    Woo I finally got me 2 handed upto 99. Not bad for a wood elf. Got me archery upto 48 . Haha I'm doing the game so wrong.
    I still have to enchant me weapons. Does enchanting the weapons make much of a difference?

My enchantment is only at around level 50 but it almost doubles my archery damage if you add up all the perks from all my armour. I'm glad I've pretty much ignored smithing and enchanting till recently. Power levelling in a single player game is downright silly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Last night I decided that from now on, I'm going to be very selective with the loot I carry - I'm a sneaky archer-mage dark elf like many others, so am a bit of a wuss and it doesn't really make sense lugging around giant 2-handed weapons to sell later, I'm only going to bother with smaller magical weapons and then gems and jewellery. Likewise, going to stop bothering with ore, ingots and smithing in general, from a role-playing perspective it doesn't make much sense, being a weird jack-of-all-trades!

It's amazing how tough those damn snow bears are, feck me but each time I fight one it takes a few tries to kill the bastard and survive to tell the tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Pretty old but Ive only just saw it.... :D

Grimebox wrote: »
    My enchantment is only at around level 50 but it almost doubles my archery damage if you add up all the perks from all my armour. I'm glad I've pretty much ignored smithing and enchanting till recently. Power levelling in a single player game is downright silly
    Oh right nice one. I didn't power level, I just didn't really get into enchanting and alchemy at all yet for some reason. Only bought meself a horse when I was level 40 lol. Can't seem to find the bugger anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Oh right nice one. I didn't power level, I just didn't really get into enchanting and alchemy at all yet for some reason. Only bought meself a horse when I was level 40 lol. Can't seem to find the bugger anymore though.
    If he doesn't appear when you fast travel then he's dead. If you fast travel to a city he should be waiting outside the gates.

Thinking about starting my second character. My first was a nord warrior with block, one handed and archery skills. Havent really dabbled in magic much. What would people recommend as regards race, skills to focus on and perks for a new character which would give me a very different experience?

Dont bother with ordinary horses. I spent money I needed on 2 horses and both of them liked to commit suicide by charging at dragons. Are you doing the Dark Brotherhood quests yet.....
    If you complete that quest line you will be given a special horse which has very high stamina and has not yet died on me, despite fighting lots of dragons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

My laptop is out of action but luckily I just finished my first run before I did, for anyone who has not got it yet it is definetly worth the money ( although I got mine during the steam sale on christmas day ! )

I loved the quest where
    you have a drinking contest and wake up across the map it made me lol, and that ****ing goat lol xD

All the daedric quests are entertaining to be honest

I did find though, I was a conjuration/alteration mage, once I could summon 2 daedric fellas and have mass paralyze
    it got too easy
    , so I will replay as a warrior or something

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Im kind of stuck at the moment ..... i did a quest in Solitude and in that quest i was sent to jail.
    But when the quest was finished i was running from the guards and i escaped but now when i go back to the town they keep trying to arrest me which is fine because i have another mission in the town, but when i say that ill go to jail..... all that comes up is a question saying " what the problem " so when i back out they just attack me and this happens every time in Solitude :confused:

The only alchemy/smithing I do is when I just happen to be passing by the forge or alchemy table!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Agricola wrote: »
    Unnecessary Censorship Video

Pretty old but Ive only just saw it.... :D
    As soon as I saw the title I was waiting for that little girl at the end to appear. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Adyx wrote: »
    What I meant was pickpocketing the briar heart from their inventory results in an instant kill. They literally have briar hearts (you can see it on their chests where there is a hole with a briar heart in it).

Oh right didn't occur to me it would actually kill them:o

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Anyone else stuck on the last quest for the Thieves Guild because they got rid of the thieves armour??? Really annoying me, they're fixing it in the next patch but could take another two weeks!

If your doing the Thieves Guild - DONT GET RID OF THE ARMOUR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Battleflag wrote: »
    Anyone else stuck on the last quest for the Thieves Guild because they got rid of the thieves armour??? Really annoying me, they're fixing it in the next patch but could take another two weeks!

If your doing the Thieves Guild - DONT GET RID OF THE ARMOUR
    I brought back the skeleton key to Nochturnal and now i'm stuck in the shrine room, i'm suppose to talk with Karliah but she's not there
    :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Crosáidí wrote: »
    I brought back the skeleton key to Nochturnal and now i'm stuck in the shrine room, i'm suppose to talk with Karliah but she's not there
    :(
    I had the same problem - as far as I can see there are no solid fixes to that bug; you're just stuck in that room until you reload a previous save. However, if you're playing on the PC, you use the console to force the quest forward one stage & iirc that makes the characters re-appear.

• Advertisement

I got bored of the thieves guild quests. They're just a bunch of crooks who intimidate and extort people. I can't do one of the quests either. I'm supposed to plant a ring in the righteous heroine's house (can't remember her name) but I don't know how to do it! I've broken into her house at night undetected and placed the silver ring in her chest and nothing happens :(

I just started the dark brotherhood quests and they are brilliant. They are a proper bunch of evil psychopaths. I don't know how they just don't end up murdering each other considering their disposition.

Advertisement