Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Grimebox wrote: »
    I got bored of the thieves guild quests. They're just a bunch of crooks who intimidate and extort people. I can't do one of the quests either. I'm supposed to plant a ring in the righteous heroine's house (can't remember her name) but I don't know how to do it! I've broken into her house at night undetected and placed the silver ring in her chest and nothing happens :(

I just started the dark brotherhood quests and they are brilliant. They are a proper bunch of evil psychopaths. I don't know how they just don't end up murdering each other considering their disposition.

i had trouble with this too, it comes up as "stolen silver ring" in your inventory, not just one of your silver rings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

pixelburp wrote: »
    I had the same problem - as far as I can see there are no solid fixes to that bug; you're just stuck in that room until you reload a previous save. However, if you're playing on the PC, you use the console to force the quest forward one stage & iirc that makes the characters re-appear.

Im on PC, what exactly must i do, cheers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Im on PC, what exactly must i do, cheers

press ~ to open the console window and type

setstage <quest id> <stage>

Press enter and ~ again to close window.

I think it is - setstage TG09 60 - in your case

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Darkness_Returns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I love Robbaz. His Minecraft videos are hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Need some advice on the Diplomatic Immunity quest (finally getting around to the storyline 120+ hours later :D)
    is there anyway I can just force my way in and slaughter everyone? I'm being told to give this guy any gear I want him to sneak in but I really don't want to go emptying my entire inventory for the sake of it. Any way I can get to the embassy and just go full assault without sneaking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

DarkJager wrote: »
    Need some advice on the Diplomatic Immunity quest (finally getting around to the storyline 120+ hours later :D)
    is there anyway I can just force my way in and slaughter everyone? I'm being told to give this guy any gear I want him to sneak in but I really don't want to go emptying my entire inventory for the sake of it. Any way I can get to the embassy and just go full assault without sneaking?

give him all of your gear. when you are going in anyway you are only allowed trousers and a shirt. you meet up with him again and get all of your stuff back and then you can go slaughtering folk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Guys i didn't wanna make a new thread, but what's the deal with buying used PC games; they're activated by steam, right? Is the game disk useless without this key, can they be transferred? like when buying used of game PCs, what do i need to look out for.

First thing i wanna play on my new PC is Skyrim :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I've two missions I can't finish. Cant find nettlebane, don't remember if I disenchanted it or gave it to a companion who has since died and also the archmage wont continue the eye of Magnus quest.
    Was wikiing it and it seems there's no fix.
    I'm 180 plus hours in and was just trying to get the last of the achievements so I could put it away till the DL content comes in.

A bit of nightmare really.

PlainP wrote: »
    I've two missions I can't finish. Cant find nettlebane, don't remember if I disenchanted it or gave it to a companion who has since died and also the archmage wont continue the eye of Magnus quest.
    I'm 180 plus hours in and was just trying to get the last of the achievements so I could put it away till the DL content comes in.

I don't think you could have disenchanted Needlebane, you generally can't disenchant unique items. I couldn't get it in the first place, there was a bug.

Dunno about the Eye of Magnus. What's happening that you can't continue?

If you're on PC there's some console magic that could fix it.

• Advertisement

reallyrose wrote: »

I don't think you could have disenchanted Needlebane, you generally can't disenchant unique items. I couldn't get it in the first place, there was a bug.

Dunno about the Eye of Magnus. What's happening that you can't continue?

If you're on PC there's some console magic that could fix it.

I'm on the Xbox, after the (spoiler) good intentions quest the archmage is supposed to tell you where he thinks the staff of Magnus is but he's not giving me any option to ask him. Have tried everything from speaking to everyone at the college to even killing heaps of people to see if it would change anything but alas all in vain.

I'm on the Xbox, after the (spoiler) good intentions quest the archmage is supposed to tell you where he thinks the staff of Magnus is but he's not giving me any option to ask him. Have tried everything from speaking to everyone at the college to even killing heaps of people to see if it would change anything but alas all in vain.

lol, if in doubt KILL EVERYONE!

Have you spoken to
    the Augur?

There is a known bug there, so you might be boned. Unless you want to go back to pre-bug, losing gameplay. :(

reallyrose wrote: »

lol, if in doubt KILL EVERYONE!

Have you spoken to
    the Augur?

There is a known bug there, so you might be boned. Unless you want to go back to pre-bug, losing gameplay. :(

Augur?
    And no don't think I'll go back.

Augur?
    And no don't think I'll go back.
    There's a mysterious sort you have to talk to under the College

Yes just checked there have spoken to the augur
    Hopefully it'll be fixed with the new patch
    Hopefully......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Guys i didn't wanna make a new thread, but what's the deal with buying used PC games; they're activated by steam, right? Is the game disk useless without this key, can they be transferred? like when buying used of game PCs, what do i need to look out for.

First thing i wanna play on my new PC is Skyrim :)

My version of Skyrim, which I bought in gamestop, is locked to my steam account I think. I used the key which was on the inside of the box. I assume if you bought it second hand and tried to install it, it would say that the key is already in use and would attempt to lock you out / you would not be able to update the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

DarkJager wrote: »

After 120 hours? Just give the man all of your gear and slaughter everything. Plus you'll need good gear for the
    troll
    at the end of it. When I went in there I didn't give yer man any gear so i had to kill a few lads with a wood axe until I got good gear,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

After 120 hours? Just give the man all of your gear and slaughter everything. Plus you'll need good gear for the
    troll
    at the end of it. When I went in there I didn't give yer man any gear so i had to kill a few lads with a wood axe until I got good gear,

I thought that quest was really poorly executed. It held so much promise. The sneaking just doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

Well, it took me a month, but I think I've done every possible quest you can do
    , except radiant quests - those repeat ad infinitum.

I notice a worrying trend though - now that console games can be patched, bugs are more numerous than ever. The increase in the number of virtual moving parts isn't helping either.

Did Morrowind have this many bugs? I suppose the thing to do is wait a year until mods and patches come out. That's the way I played Oblivion. It was riddled with bugs when it came out as well.

Spoilers below:
    I seem to cause the deaths of every guild leader I meet. Joined the College of Winterhold, did that line of quests and Savos Aren dies at the end. Same deal with basically all the other guilds. Anyone else spot this theme? Assassins guild? Leader dies and the place is left a burning hole in the ground. Thieves guild? Well, he was on the take, so he was asking for it. Companions (fighters guild) leader was old and a warewolf. He died too. Nice that I was able to harvest enough witch heads to cure everyone, myself included. Aela didn't want curing though. Killed the emporer and the real emperor. Name that weapon, I probably have it. Nice to see keening make a return. Where's Sunder though? I hit a lot of bugs on the way through, so it's plausible I missed out on maybe a dozen quests

Great game. Any (non-obvious) ideas on what I should do with my collectors edition plastic dragon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Shtanto wrote: »
    Great game. Any (non-obvious) ideas on what I should do with my collectors edition plastic dragon?

Put it on your window sill so everyone can see how awesome you are :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Was looking for some safety things today in college, and came across this gem.. :D

dragonblood.png

..Now where can I buy some?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Your local new age/ occult/ metaphysical store should have some.
    It is a resin which is used in making incense and for colouring varnish.
    dragon's blood, name for a red resin obtained from a number of different plants. It was held by early Greeks, Romans, and Arabs to have medicinal properties; Dioscorides and other early writers described it. A chief source was Dracaena cinnabari, a tree of the agave family. Voyagers to the Canary Islands in the 15th cent. obtained it from another species, D. draco. The resin, exuding beautiful garnet-colored drops when the tree is wounded, was well known as the source of varnish for 18th-century Italian violinmakers. Later, dragon's-blood varnishes and medicines were obtained chiefly from the immature fruits of a palm (Daemonorops draco) native to Malaya. Although still sometimes used in photoengraving processes, dragon's blood as a coloring material has largely been replaced by synthetics.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/dragon-s-blood#ixzz1l31K6fB9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Has there been any word on upcoming DLC for Skyrim yet?
    I'm itching to have another playthrough but would prefer some new content + mods because my first playthrough I covered almost all the quests (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Has there been any word on upcoming DLC for Skyrim yet?
    I'm itching to have another playthrough but would prefer some new content + mods because my first playthrough I covered almost all the quests (I think).
    Nothing, other than it will be quite substantial.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

Fix for PC is as follows.
    The item code for nettlebane is
    1c492

If you need a new one
    type player.additem 1c492 1. This will add 1 nettlebane to your inventory. If you suspect nettlebane is still somewhere in the world, look up the placeatme command. player.PlaceAtMe 1c492, 1, 256, 1
    This will place netleband on the ground just behind you, if it still exists in the world.

Shtanto wrote: »

Fix for PC is as follows.
    The item code for nettlebane is
    1c492

If you need a new one
    type player.additem 1c492 1. This will add 1 nettlebane to your inventory. If you suspect nettlebane is still somewhere in the world, look up the placeatme command. player.PlaceAtMe 1c492, 1, 256, 1
    This will place netleband on the ground just behind you, if it still exists in the world.

Found nettlebane, was in my gaf in Windhelm in one of the dagger cases. I've so much stuff just left everywhere. Anyway thanks for the help all the same :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think I'm finally done with Skyrim! 122 hours played, level 53, all main quest lines - aside from the Bards done. And lets face it, bards are dicks, kind of like the Simon Cowell of Tamriel. I don't think I'll be bother going back to keep trudging through the random Thieves/Dark Brotherhood quests and I don't really care about any of the misc quests I have left now, so it's DLC or I'm done I reckon.

Hope the DLC is outside of Skyrim too. I loved it, but I feel that it's done now. I loved what they did with the Morrowind DLC - especially Bloodmoon, which was in a Skyrim like setting. A return to Morrowind would be amazing.

Going to give Dark Souls a second try before Kingdoms of Amalur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Think I'm finally done with Skyrim! 122 hours played, level 53, all main quest lines - aside from the Bards done. And lets face it, bards are dicks, kind of like the Simon Cowell of Tamriel. I don't think I'll be bother going back to keep trudging through the random Thieves/Dark Brotherhood quests and I don't really care about any of the misc quests I have left now, so it's DLC or I'm done I reckon.

Ah, you can't be at that. Just start a new character, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how a different play style (the difference between a stealthy archer/assassin, a pure mage and a two handed Orcish tank is quite extreme) will change things up for you. I wouldn't say it makes it a new game, but it certainly adds enough to it to warrant a second (and in my case third) playthrough.

What were you playing as initially?

Something I found I never did in Elder Scrolls games is actually role play my character properly. Sure I focused on some skills and went down a combat-style path, but never had a character that would act certain ways personality-wise. I always wanted to experience the most I could from the game, so did everything - evil or good, didn't matter.

I'm doing that with my mage and my orcish two hander and it's good craic. My orc is a ****, insult him even a bit and it's heads rolling time. I'd have liked to have done the Dark Brotherhood quests, but they sent an assassin after me early on, so I had to wipe them out. Them's the rules. Adds a little bit to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

192mb update for Skyrim this evening...

Advertisement