Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Video preview for Creation Kit,no release date though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If the creation kit works as well as it is shown above, than fair ****ing play to Bethesda and Steam. That looks incredibly easy, and really well designed. Hopefully, other games will use similar methods of releasing mods too.

Mods are definitely one of the best thing about pc gaming. It would be great if they could get completed mods released for consoles.

Although we'll still need Skyrim Nexus for all the nude mods :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The new scripting language could be very interesting, that was the bit that had me most excited. Mapping's all very well, but the really impressive stuff will doubtless come from coders hacking away at the script-base.
    We've already seen people cobble together a crude multiplayer version of the game - imagine what they'll do with the official tools.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

pixelburp wrote: »
    The new scripting language could be very interesting, that was the bit that had me most excited. Mapping's all very well, but the really impressive stuff will doubtless come from coders hacking away at the script-base.
    We've already seen people cobble together a crude multiplayer version of the game - imagine what they'll do with the official tools.

Have you tryed the multiplayer mod yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

The first bit of modding I got into was for Morrowind. I remember learning the construction set by trial and error. When I added a door in the game world which accessed a room which I had created myself I was blown away! :D
    Can't wait to get back into with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Iv been playing this a bit only friends xbox,would anyone think it's worth full price on steam with the possibility of all these new mods on the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Iv been playing this a bit only friends xbox,would anyone think it's worth full price on steam with the possibility of all these new mods on the way?

It's worth the full price without all the new mods on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Ye iv been thinking that but unfortunately my student budget is stopping me,maybe I should wait for a complete edition even though I'm sure it's a while away yet

Ye iv been thinking that but unfortunately my student budget is stopping me,maybe I should wait for a complete edition even though I'm sure it's a while away yet

Complete.. as in including DLC's? You will be waiting a long time I think! I haven't heard anything about any official add-on's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

the first 2 dlc's will be xbox timed exclusives (30 days)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-26-skyrim-dlc-timed-xbox-360-exclusive

• Advertisement

Trevor451 wrote: »
    the first 2 dlc's will be xbox timed exclusives (30 days)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-26-skyrim-dlc-timed-xbox-360-exclusive

That will give me 30 days to watch the hype die down and realize they're probably not worth it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Can I get married to someone else without telling my wife or will I just kill her. Seen some other one walking around with a lovely pairs of tats and find that me and her could make it last if I could woo her.

Ill buy another house and see what the story is. Who in solitude do I talk to about a shag pad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Less Creation kit, more PS3 PATCH dagnabbit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Can only have one spouse. You'd need to kill your current wife/husband, or get them killed (Not hard if they are a companion).
    she not a companion. Bitch charges me some load for stuff outta me own shop. Ill go kill her now so. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lydia can feck off. ''I am sworn to carry your burdens.'' Sarcastic cow! I'm using the Riften housecarl now, Iona.

Does anyone know where to get blacksmith/enchanting elixirs? I don't want to go down the alchemy road of collecting ingredients and all that. Will happily buy (steal) the elixirs instead of levelling up alchemy for good potions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

lydia.....oh yeah i killed that idiot, trapped her soul and made an awesome set of heavy armor boots that added 100 to my stamina (probably the best way to use lydia to carry more stuff tbh) :D

lydia.....oh yeah i killed that idiot, trapped her soul and made an awesome set of heavy armor boots that added 100 to my stamina (probably the best way to use lydia to carry more stuff tbh) :D

She'll carry your burdens....FOREVER!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

So you can kill your wife and get another one? Has anyone tried this? I thought if you chopped her head off you'd just be a widower forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

EGriff wrote: »
    So you can kill your wife and get another one? Has anyone tried this? I thought if you chopped her head off you'd just be a widower forever.

I tried it and I couldn't remarry. Used console commands to get a new one. :)

• Advertisement

A thief dressed in eleven armour sweeping someones porch :-D

thief.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

A thief dressed in eleven armour sweeping someones porch :-D

"What? The thieves guild told me to do a sweep of this location...."

I'm a big fan of having Cicero as my follower. He might be annoying when you have to talk to him in the quests but what he says in battle is entertaining

reallyrose wrote: »
    "What? The thieves guild told me to do a sweep of this location...."

I.....I'm sure they did.......it was you then....

Grimebox wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of having Cicero as my follower. He might be annoying when you have to talk to him in the quests but what he says in battle is entertaining

how do you him to become your companion?

how do you him to become your companion?

You elect not to kill him during the dark brotherhood quest. Obviously he must be alive :p He comes up to you when you leave the new sanctuary and asks to join you. You could probably find him in the sanctuary but I bumped into him outside of it . I think you have to have the dark brotherhood quests finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I killed that little ****er......and I enjoyed it as well. ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Can't wait for the creation kit tomorrow. Do you think it'll be possible to make anything without programming experience? I'd love to make my own sprawling dungeon/cavern.

Also there'll be a "surprise" with the the creation kit.
    For our Skyrim PC fans, the Creation Kit is on track for release on Tuesday. And, we also have a special surprise with it. #whatcoulditbe!?

http://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon/status/165536529895272449

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I am 137 hours in on skyrim and I still don't know how to trap souls inside soul gems :o:D

also the "surprise" is rumored to be a
    HD texture pack
    :D

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I am 137 hours in on skyrim and I still don't know how to trap souls inside soul gems :o:D

Neither do I :D

• Advertisement

Creature wrote: »
    Can't wait for the creation kit tomorrow. Do you think it'll be possible to make anything without programming experience? I'd love to make my own sprawling dungeon/cavern.

Also there'll be a "surprise" with the the creation kit.

I'd say the surprise will be some content created on the creation kit, as a pre-built tutorial. Or something similar.

And as far as i know, you can do loads without using the programming language built into it. I plan on trying a few things myself, as they are excellent tools. Not able to do the art or create items or anything, but designing some levels and quests sounds fun.

Advertisement