Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just sow that high resolution pack on steam. Anyone tried it?

I don't care much about game it self at this stage, but I would like to test my rig with it. Does it really look better how bad is it on system?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

will applying some of these mods slow the game down any bit does anyone know, im not putting on the texture pack but some of the smaller ones like open cities or the house map marker or the lakeview manor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Just sow that high resolution pack on steam. Anyone tried it?

I don't care much about game it self at this stage, but I would like to test my rig with it. Does it really look better how bad is it on system?
    I installed it last night. It does look noticeably "better" but it's not so much better that it's a must have. I didn't notice any difference performance wise actually apart from loading taking a little longer but I'd say that will sort itself out over time as it was the same when I first installed the game. My monitor is only 19" so I'm playing it at 1280x1024 on an ATI 5750.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Adyx wrote: »
    I installed it last night. It does look noticeably "better" but it's not so much better that it's a must have. I didn't notice any difference performance wise actually apart from loading taking a little longer but I'd say that will sort itself out over time as it was the same when I first installed the game. My monitor is only 19" so I'm playing it at 1280x1024 on an ATI 5750.

Cheers m8. I will download it tommorow. We will see how it will look on 1080p with gtx570

will applying some of these mods slow the game down any bit does anyone know, im not putting on the texture pack but some of the smaller ones like open cities or the house map marker or the lakeview manor
    The open cities one might have some effect but it shouldn't be too much. I wouldn't think the others mentioned would have a noticeable effect. I have about 20 different mods installed in Fallout:NV plus all the DLC without any slowdown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Anyone try the creation kit yet? There's a couple of tutorials in this link to get you used to the basics
    http://gaming.operationreality.org/groups/skyrim/forum/topic/skyrim-creation-kit-tutorials-and-how-to-guides/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I actually think the HD textures make a massive difference. It really looks great now, and it's actually running better than i remember it since the 1.4 patch. Delighted with the Steam Workshop as well. Subscribed to 6 or 7 mods, and they work perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I ended up having to disable the HD pack, infrequent crashes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

wow

TAKE MY MONEY !!! GIVE ME THE DLC NOW

Just watched that now. Some of it looks great, and i can only imagine what the fans will make once they get to grips with the creation kit. I'm going to start playing around with it tonight. Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I wonder if that mudcrab buys stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Agricola wrote: »
    Yeah, best thing I ever did was to enchant a bow with soul trap when I was a low level character. Hit an enemy with an arrow from this bow and if they die within a specific time (10/15 seconds) the soul will be captured for you, even if they get killed by another npc, creature or follower.

Or put the lowest strength enchantment on your weapon so it only works within 1 second - that means that you capture a soul on every death blow and yet you still have 1000 or so charges on the weapon. It works perfectly for bows for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

wow

TAKE MY MONEY !!! GIVE ME THE DLC NOW

They have to put in snow footprints. Must be simple to implement and could have great gameplay possibilites. You could use to track or sneak...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Kiith wrote: »
    Just watched that now. Some of it looks great, and i can only imagine what the fans will make once they get to grips with the creation kit. I'm going to start playing around with it tonight. Can't wait.

My first thought - after "oh my, I need to sit down" of course - was whether any of these ideas were accidentally included in the final build. It's not uncommon for assets like these to be forgotten and left in retail release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

grizzly wrote: »
    They have to put in snow footprints. Must be simple to implement and could have great gameplay possibilites. You could use to track or sneak...

Moar epic monsters!!!

They could have a system whereby you have to destroy different parts of the monsters to kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

grizzly wrote: »

Great idea. Maybe add in a detect type shout/spell to show tracks/footprints, so you would see the prints in the snow/mud/coming out of water but as they disappear/move to different terrain you need to use tracking skill to pick up and follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Love the kill cams, thats something I miss from Fallout. Nothing like watching your sneak bonused arrow on its way to the forehead of an enemy in slow motion!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

that arrow killcam is deadly.. And I defo think magic needs some killcams!

My main character is a mage and as a result I never see a killcam!

The footprints should be in it also.. would make a thief/sneak build even better if you could track people/creatures!

Also.. ubper super sized mud crabs would be just delicious and a great fun addition!!

Yeah, the arrow killcams look excellent. I've had some excellent shots that i'd have love to see up close. Hopefully someone can make it themselves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Stupid game bugged out on me before any of the patches during
    the big council meeting between the two factions with the greybeards

After the patches its still the same,ive tried to continue on from other saves just before this part but every time it bugs out am im left sitting there, so annoying.
    So ive decided to start another character but ive played a lot of characters through the main story up to lvl 30 or so so i might try level up with this new character just by exploring and ignoring the story, anyone done so before?

• Advertisement

I barely touched the main story on my first character. Got as far as when the Dragons appear, and then went off on my own. Did most of the main faction quests, and i got myself to lvl35 or thereabouts. Started a new character last night, and will do it the other way around i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yea, I'm level 39 and stopped the main quest just after visiting the greybeards.
    I'm torn about restarting as my character is all over the shop - heavy armour, two handed tank turned, duel wielding nightingale bow man. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

RopeDrink wrote: »
    This wasn't a problem for me (As in using the highest strength enchantment) - Why? Because you can't control what you capture half the time.

Nothing more annoying that a Greater or Grand Soul Gem getting filled with goddamn petty or common souls, even though you'd have countless empty petty/common gems on you.

Tons of soul gems around though, I tend to use them on enchanting something to boost the enchantment, then buy the vendors stock of gems and sell him the enchanted crap. It works out pretty well. It does bug me with filling petty souls into grand gems though!

I was actually only doing a bit of reading on enchanting on UESP yesterday. If you're enchanting stuff to sell, it works out better to enchant cheap stuff like iron swords and armour rather than more expensive equipment.

Edit: If there isn't one already there's bound to be a mod (or even included in a patch) soon to fix smaller souls going into larger gems. There's been quite a lot of grumbling about it apparently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I am still playing the vanilla version of this game - looking forward to using some of the top mods with my replay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

The graphics mods are really impressive. Wish I had the PC version.

I hope someone takes Cyrodiil from Oblivion, updates the graphics and introduces it into Skyrim. It'd be cool to walk around the imperial city Fus-Ro-Dahing the guards...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Downloading the blood mod atm :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

latest patch is out now for Xbox and ps3, downloading ps3 patch now (94mb). Oddly it is called 2.03 not the expected 1.4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I just figured out jim cummings the guy that does the voice for winnie the pooh and tiger does the voice for fetus krex in the dark brotherhood :eek:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0191906/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

2 elder dragons stuck mid flight so far from the patch for me... Finally got to complete the main quest though :)

Advertisement