Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Dcully wrote: »
    Stupid game bugged out on me before any of the patches during
    the big council meeting between the two factions with the greybeards

After the patches its still the same,ive tried to continue on from other saves just before this part but every time it bugs out am im left sitting there, so annoying.
    So ive decided to start another character but ive played a lot of characters through the main story up to lvl 30 or so so i might try level up with this new character just by exploring and ignoring the story, anyone done so before?

Not playing on PC by any chance? If so and it is just a quest glitch you can use the setstage console command to progress the quest to the next part.

See the very bottom of this page.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Season_Unending

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I just figured out jim cummings the guy that does the voice for winnie the pooh and tiger does the voice for fetus krex in the dark brotherhood :eek:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0191906/

WTF? :eek: Talk about versatility!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

what kind of mods have people been downloading?
    is it possible to search in the workshop for mods, iv been looking for a no spider mod, had the things but cant find any. iv just downloaded the sounds for the dungeons and its pretty cool

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

what kind of mods have people been downloading?
    is it possible to search in the workshop for mods, iv been looking for a no spider mod, had the things but cant find any. iv just downloaded the sounds for the dungeons and its pretty cool

Not sure about Steam workshop, but there is one on skyrim nexus that replaces them with bears, its not that great (not animated properly) but better one will probably come out once the creation kit has been in use for a while.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=28

EDIT:

How about spider man edition? Found it on steam workshop :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=7728

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Carlosa

Except the part where Skyrim is on a completely new and separate engine from the last Elder Scrolls and undeniably contains new features not present in the previous installment but it is a extremely good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Quick question, does the snow cover the ground, or is it a snow texture? On the "two weeks feckin' about" video above, the seasonal effects bit has normal ground that slowly gets covered in snow. And I remember ages ago they spoke about how the snow covers rocks where it falls. But I've never noticed this in-game and am just wondering is it's snow textures. Anyone know?

Pretty sure it doesn't cover the ground. I think it only snows where there is already snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I'm nearly sure the snow is all dynamic. If you look at when it hits objects, like the statue of Azura, you can see the snow accumulate on different parts of the statue at different times. It was a big part of their hype about the new engine in the run up to release also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Skyrim on console really needs something new to freshen things up I think..

Even though if you leave it down for 2 weeks and play it again then it's still amazing to play but some DLC is needed to add a new angle to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

hypermuse wrote: »
    Skyrim on console really needs something new to freshen things up I think..

Even though if you leave it down for 2 weeks and play it again then it's still amazing to play but some DLC is needed to add a new angle to it!
    Some nice horse armor perhaps :pac: apparently they are going big, like shivering Isles big so it wont be out for a bit im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Some nice horse armor perhaps :pac: apparently they are going big, like shivering Isles big so it wont be out for a bit im afraid.

Yea I read an article a long time ago saying it aint really a DLC type of thing more and expansion pack like the shivering Isles as you said!

Will be great when it is out thou.. Just afraid it'll get stale without some form of small DLC here and there..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    For only probably the second time in my gaming lifetime I have been forced to stop playing a game because of bugs. My quests are so bugged now it isn't funny.

It started with one of the first Thieves Guild quest, Talk to Brynjolf. Even though I subsequently joined the Thieves Guild, this quest is still active. Then there was one where I had to kill a giant for Skald and I now have 3 return to Skald for the bounty quests active. Then the Companions radient quest, kill the criminal. There is no marker for where the criminal is and when I left Whiterun and went to the Stables there were about 6 of the same character all in a group. And the escaped criminal, that when I killed, didn't trigger the next stage of the quest. And then in the Numbers Game quests for the Thieves guild, there is no marker for the ledger to modify, so I went to the premises and when I did I couldn't interact with the ledger.

So feck this for a game of soldiers says I, I'll forget about the faction quests and do the Civil War one. I pick the Stormcloaks and do the Whiterun mission, except when I enter the Throne room to
    Accept the Jarls surrender nothing happens. The Guards just stand around and I can't talk to the Jarl. If I attack him and beat him down, The quest moves on, except my weapon is sheathed, I can't interact with the Jarl at all and nothing happens

I don't think I can face starting it again, but it seems like it is the only option available to me now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Dacelonid wrote: »
    I don't think I can face starting it again, but it seems like it is the only option available to me now
    Traded it in yesterday for the same reason.
    I couldn't fast travel anywhere and when I finally found and paid off the guard I was able to fast travel again...........once.
    Then there was another bounty even though I hadn't even taken a step.

There's no way I was starting it again,buggy pile of shìt is all this game was to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Traded it in yesterday for the same reason.
    I couldn't fast travel anywhere and when I finally found and paid off the guard I was able to fast travel again...........once.
    Then there was another bounty even though I hadn't even taken a step.

There's no way I was starting it again,buggy pile of shìt is all this game was to me.

Did you download the patch?

Fixed most of the bugs for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Bloody hell!!

Thats two big glitchs i have now stopping me from doing two missions.

Waking nightmare and alduins bane.

In waking nightmare he wont enter the library no matter what i do.

And in alduins bane after i read the scroll it goes to cut scene and then i cant move only look around wtf.

Im on the xbox so console tricks wont work.

This is pure bollox anyone any ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

And in alduins bane after i read the scroll it goes to cut scene and then i cant move only look around wtf.

That's not a bug

al28283 wrote: »
    That's not a bug

So you just stand there and do nothing for the rest of the game?

I have left my player standing there for more then ten minutes now. This third time ive loaded game back in and tried a few different things i read elsewhere.

All i can do is read the scroll enter the cut scene and move player around in circles while the other 2 stand there and watch me.

Nothing moves forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Did you download the patch?

Fixed most of the bugs for me!
    Sorry,only seen that now.
    Yea I downloaded the patch,I stopped playing it and waited for the patch,tried it again when it came out but it didn't fix it so I got rid.

• Advertisement

Tried it again walked to the top instead of fast traveling this time unequiped everything armour weapons everything read the scroll again and same problem. Theres loads of people on all formats online having issues with this quest. Considering its part of the main quest in the game crazy that there has been no fix for it from the developers.

Just means i cant finish the game as things stand pretty useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hahahahahaa I haven't come across a single bug yet! Playing on the PC and its ****ing awesome. Just finished the main thieves guild quest there, its sooo good. Way better than oblivion. The main questline is the only big one i have left to do but I think ill leave it for a while and do some other random quests first.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm completely dried out, no more main quests to do, all guilds completed, and only misc quests left are the never ending ones like in the Companions or the Night Mother. Walking around looking for locations only turns up forts and camp sites with bandits, nothing of worth.

I struggled to clock 90 hours on Skyrim but easily clocked 170 hours on Oblivion (though, the expansions would've helped that a fair bit)

At least I'm able to stick some mods into it to liven it up like Wars in Skyrim and Warzones which adds big battles randomly.

I think I might leave this until an expansion comes out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wtf were you doing in the game
    i clocked over 90 hours and I didn't touch the main quest except visiting the priests once, didn't go near the dark brotherhood.. did one companions quest, had a giant quest list full of unfinished ****. if it didn't get so ridiculously unbalanced I could easily have pushed another hundred hours out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'm completely dried out, no more main quests to do, all guilds completed, and only misc quests left are the never ending ones like in the Companions or the Night Mother. Walking around looking for locations only turns up forts and camp sites with bandits, nothing of worth.

I struggled to clock 90 hours on Skyrim but easily clocked 170 hours on Oblivion (though, the expansions would've helped that a fair bit)

At least I'm able to stick some mods into it to liven it up like Wars in Skyrim and Warzones which adds big battles randomly.

I think I might leave this until an expansion comes out.
    Wow I only did about 2/3 of the quests and managed to clock in about 127 hours. 90 seems VERY low for finishing it all up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wow I only did about 2/3 of the quests and managed to clock in about 127 hours. 90 seems VERY low for finishing it all up.

It all depends on how you play. I would expect to have it all finished at about 70-80 hours. Currently I'm at 45 and finished the main quest (finished that at 25, level 18), companions quest, thieves guild quest, civil war quest, and started the dark brotherhood.

It was the same for Fallout, in both 3 and New Vegas, they are both the highest achievement scored games I own on my 360 (think 1350 and 1400), I finished pretty much everything with about 80 hours clocked in each game. Whereas my friend has 180 hours in Fallout 3 alone - and that's excluding most of the DLC!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I must have spent about 30 hours just wandering the map looking for interesting **** to do.
    Like setting my quest beacon to some unexplored blank spot on the map and setting off for a look.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So what mods are ye using from the workshop,haven't played skyrim in about 2 weeks :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

wtf were you doing in the game
    i clocked over 90 hours and I didn't touch the main quest except visiting the priests once, didn't go near the dark brotherhood.. did one companions quest, had a giant quest list full of unfinished ****. if it didn't get so ridiculously unbalanced I could easily have pushed another hundred hours out of it.

I took my sweet time, would do one main quest every odd week and spent the rest of my time wandering about. I mostly just did side and misc quests, much of which would take me between 30 - 40 minutes to complete one but there were alot of quests you could complete in no time.

The average playing time for this game has been put at around 75 hours. I didn't rush through this game at all and walked everywhere, increased the difficulty and installed mods to balance the game and make the dragons alot harder.

I have 6 (misc) quests which are all bugged so I can't complete them.

I got my time out of the game, just not as much as I did with Oblivion. When the expansion pack(s) come I'll clock up a good few more hours.

I just spend my time now going to areas I haven't discovered or been to which I have about 80 locations left to find and trying out new mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'm 60 hours in, level 29 and I've feck all done! Just got the Sideways achievement last night though. Haven't visited Solitude, Riften, Falkreath or Windhelm yet; that's how I roll :) What a huge game...

Advertisement