Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I see all items have a weight. I'll be using the first mod available that gets rid of that tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

w... why?

will you also be using a mod that gives your character a gattling gun?

w... why?

will you also be using a mod that gives your character a gattling gun?

If I choose to, yeah. It's a single player game, I will play it how I like, and I don't like that weight restriction thing, it just irritates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Most of the food items didn't have any weight at all.

BTW, did anyone notice the very morrowindy music at the beginning of the third video?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

danthefan wrote: »
    If I choose to, yeah. It's a single player game, I will play it how I like, and I don't like that weight restriction thing, it just irritates me.
    I later discovered that people that cheat in games cheat in life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Monotype wrote: »
    Most of the food items didn't have any weight at all.

BTW, did anyone notice the very morrowindy music at the beginning of the third video?

ye they reused morrowind music i think

Overheal wrote: »
    I later discovered that people that cheat in games cheat in life.

I won't say what I discovered about people who make stupid generalisations based on video games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Combat still looks as clunky as oblivion tbh, one thing they really could have improved upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Burgo wrote: »
    Combat still looks as clunky as oblivion tbh, one thing they really could have improved upon.

I hear a lot of people saying things like this. What exactly do people think can be done with first person melee combat? Actual specifics please, about what exactly would be changed.

Because they put in kill moves (which I really like) and now people are complaining about those.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Zillah wrote: »
    I hear a lot of people saying things like this. What exactly do people think can be done with first person melee combat? Actual specifics please, about what exactly would be changed.

Because they put in kill moves (which I really like) and now people are complaining about those.

I actually like the addition if the kill moves too they add something extra to the combat.
    An example of a game that I think pulled off first person melee would be dark messiah of might and magic, it felt really fluid and great to play;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I'm not one of those complaining but I think something they could look at is a more context sensitive move selection. What I mean is the type of move you do (swing, thrust etc), could be dependant on your stance and distance to the target. Something similar to the combat in Jedi Knight 2, which was actually fairly basic but worked very well. It always felt a lot more fluid than TES games which do feel kind of clunky at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I agree, we need lightsabres!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I agree, we need lightsabres!

:D I'd be very surprised if there wasn't already a mod for Oblivion. I'm 99% sure there was one for Fallout 3.

All games are better with lightsabres - the only reason I played System Shock 2 was for the lightsabres. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Burgo wrote: »
    I actually like the addition if the kill moves too they add something extra to the combat.
    An example of a game that I think pulled off first person melee would be dark messiah of might and magic, it felt really fluid and great to play;

I stand corrected. I had forgotten how awesome that game is. Pity there's basically no story, but some of those mechanics are brilliant. I played it as an assassin back in the day, seems the fighter and mage paths are far more fun!

severance: blade of darkness is another game thast managed to make melee combat damned interesting and challenging at times too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dark Messiah had some great combat. Very fast and enjoyable, even if you did have an unstoppable power kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

That Dark Messiah looks awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Kiith wrote: »
    Dark Messiah had some great combat. Very fast and enjoyable, even if you did have an unstoppable power kick.

Forgot about that! It is a ridiculously powerful kick. I think I used it more than the melee weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it still looks brilliant for a 5 year old game
    I actually have it sitting beside my desk in work for some reason
    (might actually load it up again for a sneaky lunch time session)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

It was a brilliant game, I still have it on Steam, might install it again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Just pre-ordered the **** out of Skyrim, though I still have to complete Oblivion(four years later, FOUR YEARS!), I'm kind of afraid that I'm so hyped for this game that I'll be horridly disappointed, I do hope that won't be the case!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Elrollo wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered the **** out of Skyrim, though I still have to complete Oblivion(four years later, FOUR YEARS!), I'm kind of afraid that I'm so hyped for this game that I'll be horridly disappointed, I do hope that won't be the case!

standard or collectors?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

that dark messiah game looks like great combat

i would love if things that happened to npcs could happen to you, like the dragon randomly picking them up and killing them, i would like the game to be very hard! i want to hit people in the legs and make them limp, operation flashpoint style :D

Hit up the collectors because I'd been saving for it, looks nice enough, looking forward to leafing through the book that comes with it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hit up the collectors because I'd been saving for it, looks nice enough, looking forward to leafing through the book that comes with it!

I'm very tempted to get it for the pc butttt it would more than likely bankrupt me :o the collectors edition that is

I'm very tempted to get it for the pc butttt it would more than likely bankrupt me :o the collectors edition that is
    bankrupt ye? sure Skyrims bound to bankrupt whoever plays it of their lives with its game based deliciousness!:D
    Though if you have the PC for it, I'd say it'll look absolutely gorgeous!

bankrupt ye? sure Skyrims bound to bankrupt whoever plays it of their lives with its game based deliciousness!:D
    Though if you have the PC for it, I'd say it'll look absolutely gorgeous!

Well my pc is 3 yrs old now,oh how the yrs fly by :eek: so hopefully it will handle it,are you getting the pc version?

i dunno if skyrim will be *that* crazy on specs.. a 3yr old pc oughta have no problems with it

Well my pc is 3 yrs old now,oh how the yrs fly by :eek: so hopefully it will handle it,are you getting the pc version?
    Nah, I'm grabbing the PS3 version, though I'll have to get a new PS3, ran Deus Ex there a few days ago and the bastard now doesn't like reading discs anymore, consider me sickened!:(

• Advertisement

Nah, I'm grabbing the PS3 version, though I'll have to get a new PS3, ran Deus Ex there a few days ago and the bastard now doesn't like reading discs anymore, consider me sickened!:(

man thats rough -_-

Advertisement