Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

This is pure bollox anyone any ideas??

There is nothing worse than pure bollox. I hate it.

I took me time too. I just finished the main quests, level 59. I really want to go on doing random stuff but just cant be arsed.

On reflection, I got nowhere near the same buzz as on Oblivion. GFX were nice but other than that the game felt lazy and unimaginative compered to Oblivion. Maybe its rose tinted glasses but there you go.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Nothing in Skyrim is as lazy and unimaginative as the horrible Oblivion Gate levels in Oblivion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Adyx wrote: »
    Nothing in Skyrim is as lazy and unimaginative as the horrible Oblivion Gate levels in Oblivion.

I gave up on Oblivion because of those, got bored to death... much prefer Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Adyx wrote: »

Hated them, every time I seen the sky turn red I would turn the other way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'm completely dried out, no more main quests to do, all guilds completed, and only misc quests left are the never ending ones like in the Companions or the Night Mother. Walking around looking for locations only turns up forts and camp sites with bandits, nothing of worth.

I struggled to clock 90 hours on Skyrim but easily clocked 170 hours on Oblivion (though, the expansions would've helped that a fair bit)

At least I'm able to stick some mods into it to liven it up like Wars in Skyrim and Warzones which adds big battles randomly.

I think I might leave this until an expansion comes out.

Thats madness! Have you talked to every inn keeper in skyrim? they can always lead you to more quests. What level are you? Have you done all the daedric quests?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Played Skyrim today for the first time in about a month, got plugging about 4 hours into it.

I've left the main quest for a while and have just been wandering around looking for interesting things (no shortage there). I'll see something in the distance and walk towards it, meandering all along the way. Such a good game, there is literally nothing else I want to play and there hasn't been since 11/11/11.

Only level 21, 45 hours in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Just wondering for anyone who's downloaded the HD pack on Steam, does it make much of a difference?

Any other really good mods out there?

danthefan wrote: »
    Just wondering for anyone who's downloaded the HD pack on Steam, does it make much of a difference?

Any other really good mods out there?

Yup.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Just discovered that my save game (75 hours) has disappeared off Steam cloud.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

That's horrible to hear bro. Mail them??

I'm a bit in over my head with Skyrim - what upgrades should I be going for first? I mean which skill trees should i focus on? I'm looking to push on with the main quest. The side quests can wait until after i finish the main game.

Also, when heading around skyrim and meeting a dragon, is it normal to get your ass handed to you? i found the scripted dragons grand, but chance encounters, i end up hightailing it. any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I guess focussing on a weapon type is 1st on most people's list. i'm doing Archery and sneaking. I got my ass handed to me if I was seen, but I've put a few points in 1H now to even it up a bit. Awesome fun taking out a room full of spiders without them ever seeing you thouhg:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

jaykhunter wrote: »
    That's horrible to hear bro. Mail them??

Yeah tried that, no files left on the servers whatsoever - they are investigating the cause anyways.

I have a not so old save game on another computer in anycase, so it is not all that bad I guess. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Patch 1.5 is now available in Steam, with added killcams (archery and magic ones included) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Kiith wrote: »
    Patch 1.5 is now available in Steam, with added killcams (archery and magic ones included) :D

bout time they added something like that for the magic/archery! They eluded to this with the "look at the other things we could do video" so I'm hoping giant mud crabs will be next!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Kiith wrote: »

Is this coming to consoles? (Probably not)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

EGriff wrote: »
    Is this coming to consoles? (Probably not)

It is, but it's not out yet. It's only available on the pc if you opt in for beta patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

cool we're getting it first but we may be just the guinea pigs :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Kill cams are stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I see that there maybe a TES MMO announced in May

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2401682,00.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Skerries wrote: »
    I see that there maybe a TES MMO announced in May

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2401682,00.asp

Ah please nooo. These games are so good as it is. An MMO will just suck up all the dev time. Personally I have no interest in an a world or warcraft style fetch and gather pile of multiplayer rubbish, enough of them out already.

Oblivion and skyrim are the two best games this gen for me, more of the same on a faster schedule please. (Gimme huge skyrim expansion).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

splurt

Ah please nooo. These games are so good as it is. An MMO will just suck up all the dev time. Personally I have no interest in an a world or warcraft style fetch and gather pile of multiplayer rubbish, enough of them out already.

Oblivion and skyrim are the two best games this gen for me, more of the same on a faster schedule please. (Gimme huge skyrim expansion).

all my sentiments exactly!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I wouldn't be too worried TBH as I doubt Bethesda Game Studios will have much involvement in the development of any Elder Scrolls MMO. After all Bethesda happily farmed out the development of FO:New Vegas to Obsidian, almost certainly so that BGS could concentrate entirely on Skyrim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Ah please nooo. These games are so good as it is. An MMO will just suck up all the dev time. Personally I have no interest in an a world or warcraft style fetch and gather pile of multiplayer rubbish, enough of them out already
    Definitely. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go and gather 20 deathbells and 10 fire salts

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone make or find anything decent with the creation kit?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-12-skyrim-the-creation-kit-experience

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Arrived at Riften yesterday for the very 1st time, took me about 3 hours to check out all shops / houses, chat to NPCs and visit the Ratway - I'm now up to 70 hours played, at level 32 and haven't progressed the main quest past my first visit to the Greybeards! Still haven't been to Windhelm or Solitude yet either, though have been to all other main settlements; haven't joined the Dark Brotherhood; haven't chosen a side in the Civil War; haven't joined the Bard's College; haven't done much in the Thieves Guild, Companions or College of Magic storylines. I have finished 2/3rds of the Daedric Quests at least, always find them good fun.

What a monstrous game, so much to do! I'll probably be just about finishing up on the vanilla game when the first meaty DLC comes out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Ok, so I lost my save a while ago. I haven't played for probably 2 months at this stage but thinking about starting up again (I had about 50 hours on the clock).

First of all, what type of character should I play? I used a mace + destruction magic last time. Is pure stealth a viable way of going?

Secondly, are there any sort of must have mods out there yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

danthefan wrote: »
    Ok, so I lost my save a while ago. I haven't played for probably 2 months at this stage but thinking about starting up again (I had about 50 hours on the clock).

First of all, what type of character should I play? I used a mace + destruction magic last time. Is pure stealth a viable way of going?

Secondly, are there any sort of must have mods out there yet?

In my opinion stealth is the most fun way to play. It makes the game feel so much more exciting :D ..... It also has many different ways to play, like do i use a bow or dagger, will i attack from a distance or from up close...... I'd say try stealth and if you don't like it just change to the good old sword and shield :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Stealth is great. Depending on the character you choose it could be a tad difficult at the beginning, but soon it becomes waaaaaay too overpowered later. Even at high difficulty. Great fun though.

• Advertisement

doesnt matter what build you make... far too easy to become overpowered in the game!

Advertisement