Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

doesn't matter what build you make... far too easy to become overpowered in the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Stealth plus archery, best way to go :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Archery is great, and with the added killcams, it's more fun then ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Added kill cams? Did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Think it is just a beta PC patch, yeah? So I guess the final patch will be released on Steam within the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Hi guys....i am having a problem on the ´speaking with silence´ quest .....Mercer wont open the puzzle door and nothing i do will make him open it.....any ideas what i can or should do to get the fecker to open the door.....thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Zulu wrote: »
    Added kill cams? Did I miss something?
    ionapaul wrote: »
    Think it is just a beta PC patch, yeah? So I guess the final patch will be released on Steam within the next week.

Yeah, the 1.5 patch is available on Steam, and it adds killcams for archery and magic. Should be available within a week or so everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

markie29 wrote: »
    Hi guys....i am having a problem on the ´speaking with silence´ quest .....Mercer wont open the puzzle door and nothing i do will make him open it.....any ideas what i can or should do to get the fecker to open the door.....thanks.
    On Xbox? Try waiting for an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Adyx wrote: »
    On Xbox? Try waiting for an hour.

On ps3....i have waited and he still does nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

The brother is playing through this now, I'm so jealous.

Any sign of DLC or rumours of it? It hasn't been long enough since I've finished for me to go back and have a full play-through again :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Any sign of DLC or rumours of it? It hasn't been long enough since I've finished for me to go back and have a full play-through again :(

Shivering isles was only announced about 9 months after Oblivion was released and launched 3 months later, so I'd probably expect a similar timeframe for Skyrim DLC.

Aint played Skyrim for about 2-3 months recently.. Stuck it in Friday to chill out and relax...

Ended up playing it all weekend! didnt realise I had over 130 hours put into it and its still amazing as ever!

Had never started the dark bortherhood missions, but my god I was well impressed with the storyline!! Thought it was brilliant!!
    Astrid the bitch
    !!

I also accidentally killed
    Ciccero
    .. good character! Had the choice to let him live or die.. As I was looking at him I had a look in his pockets and found 500 gold, thinking nice I'll have that, he suddenly started attacking me!! :eek: For a guy on deaths door to suddenly jump up and attack me I was well taken aback!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hypermuse wrote: »
    doesn't matter what build you make... far too easy to become overpowered in the game!

I would say do what I do, learn a bit of everything. That way you don't get good at one thing fast at all.

I would say do what I do, learn a bit of everything. That way you don't get good at one thing fast at all.

I went all out mage (destruction and conj maxed) and things got too easy so decided to stop using magic.

Now I'm a thief build (even thou most of my perks are magic based) and I still find it quite overpowering! Only level 57 at that!

The sneak and bow are very powerful and I'm a dab hand with one handed weapons aswel!

Without developing a certain character type I feel you tend to loose a sense of progression!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

hypermuse wrote: »
    I also accidentally killed
    Ciccero
    .. good character! Had the choice to let him live or die.. As I was looking at him I had a look in his pockets and found 500 gold, thinking nice I'll have that, he suddenly started attacking me!! :eek: For a guy on deaths door to suddenly jump up and attack me I was well taken aback!!

He's an even better follower if you let him live

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

they announced today that they are making an announcement later this month involving Skyrim.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

they announced today that they are making an announcement later this month involving Skyrim.

Announcing an announcement, who do Bethesda think they are, Valve? :)

Grimebox wrote: »
    He's an even better follower if you let him live

aye.. Was going to aswel but stupidly picpocketed his gold without thinking had to kill him in self defence! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was mod this up and start playing again,haven't played in nearly two months:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

ended up trading this in a month ago, ive kept my game saves even though there taking up a sh/it load of memory just in case the dlc is something out of this world and i end up borrowing the game off a friend

• Advertisement

hahaha!! shamelessly stolen for ylyl

DXYHK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

this was posted on twitter by bethesda
    looks awesome pitty my computer can't handle skyrim:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Even when I'm not playing the game I'm watching videos of people playing it.

:o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Ah, first time playing Skyrim in a few weeks. Loving it! :)

Ah, first time playing Skyrim in a few weeks. Loving it! :)

yea I just recently had that same feeling.. not played for a long time and then suddenly the whole of last weekend was consumed by it! Have plans for it this long weekend too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I start playing again meself, got a little sick of that Risen Game. I went for a Khajit for the first time ever (and im playing ES since morrowind) But this is the first time ive picked a beast race.
    The new kill cams are awesome too.

One Gripe, they still haven't fixed the crazy skeleton bounce thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I turned this on today for the first time in ages. See the new patch and think to myself nice, new killcams. Then the bloody thing freezes on me before i even get to shoot an arrow at anyone.
    Back in the box it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

EGriff wrote: »
    I turned this on today for the first time in ages. See the new patch and think to myself nice, new killcams. Then the bloody thing freezes on me before i even get to shoot an arrow at anyone.
    Back in the box it goes.

I have over 120 hours in the game now and have had exactly ONE crash.

Just sayin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

328 hours played and I haven't touched it since 19th March (when I got ME3). :o

I have to say it hasn't been too buggy, especially considering all the mods I installed. There's the usual issues that crop up in all Bethesda's games and a bit of graphics tearing sometimes but other than that, it's been fairly well behaved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'm playing on PS3. Buggiest version of the game, it was a total mess until they patched the slowdown caused by big save files.

I think I'll get the PC version when the DLC is out so I can play with some mods.

Advertisement