Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Tbh when it comes to DLC I almost like it to take a bit longer if it means it's not going to be some horrible rush job. I had about 50 hours played in Skyrim and lost my save, haven't played since. Might take it up again when some details of this arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

same here bud.. I'm in no rush at all!!

I know you might think it'd be frustrating starting up all over again but building a new character and playing a different game type is sooo rewarding! You should really give it a go... you'll get sucked in all over again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

hypermuse wrote: »
    same here bud.. I'm in no rush at all!!

I know you might think it'd be frustrating starting up all over again but building a new character and playing a different game type is sooo rewarding! You should really give it a go... you'll get sucked in all over again!!!

Well I'm going to finish Dark Souls first and I'll go from there. Have an almighty backlog already :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Timed exclusive on the 360, and Pc and PS3 users have to wait an extra 30 days.

**** you timed exclusives.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Kiith wrote: »
    Timed exclusive on the 360, and Pc and PS3 users have to wait an extra 30 days.

**** you timed exclusives.

Niiiiiiice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

I am literally addicted to this game. I've played only about 60 hours but that is a huge amount for me. I've barely done any of the main quest yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Have just gone back to Skyrim a few days ago. Haven't played since around christmas and totally got sucked in again recently.

Mage build with a one handed sword for when I'm OOM....which is rare because all my leveling stats went into mana. Some of the high spells are excellent especially the big bad fire ones and that Iron/stonflesh spell works really well if you wear no armour. Makes you like a tank.

I tend not to mod too much because of conflict issues and its usually not worth the headache. Two mods I would recommend. Sky UI and Quality Road maps. The new UI is simply miles better than the default one. And the quality road maps adds all the roads to the default map making it much easier to navigate so you don't spend 20 minutes traversing round a mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

The Workshop seems to do away with most of the headache. Still, I've a good few installed via the Nexus Mod Manager, makes all that stuff a breeze. Some excellent ones out there.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

The music in this game is great. I haven't played in a few weeks. If you kill your fiancee before the wedding can you still find another bride to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

What a load of b lox.

Playing on PS3 only level 16 but everytime i try to go into water the console freezes.

fvcking pissed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

weiland79 wrote: »
    What a load of b lox.

Playing on PS3 only level 16 but everytime i try to go into water the console freezes.

fvcking pissed off.
    The game crashes when I jump into deep water. :(

PS3, latest patch.

Anybody else having this problem?
    I had that problem too. You have to delete all the game data (not your saves obviously) and just re-install it all again.

sounds to be common enough unfort..! possible fix listed above, seemed to work for some

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Hadn't played this in months because of the PS3 freezing every hour or so when i played it. Fired it up over the weekend downloaded the latest patches and the like and then sat for over 30 minutes trying to load my last save. Didn't happen so i shut down and had to start again. Don't think I'm going continue playing as it has drawn the fun out of it now :(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

weiland79 wrote: »
    What a load of b lox.

fvcking pissed off.

its a simple fix! same thing happened to me!!

go into game then game data (I think??) on the PSN home screen, in this you should find skyrim update (2.04).

Delete the file with 2.04 written in it (thats the latest patch) and then boot up the game again..

You'll be asked to download the patch so just let it install again and hopefully this time it'll work perfectly!

The new underwater appearance is amazing! looks beautiful! Totally worth it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So, since Steam had this on sale on Friday (and still is - €32.99), I got this figuring that it's probably working by now (cause all Bethesda games are broken when they're released). Six months late to the party, but all I can say is Wow!

Added some mods almost straight away - Nexus Mod Manager FTW. Hi-Res textures, improved lighting, SkyUI and one or two others. I got a Map one that doesn't seem to have worked, so might try figure that out tonight. Added one that gives me a basement in my house in Whiterun which has some manequins to hang additional armour sets on and some weapons racks and mounts as well as an Enchantment Bench - I really wasn't arsed having to go all the way up and down to Dragonsreach to have to enchant every time I wanted to as I'm just starting to throw a lot of time into that skill. I'm not interested in using mods to "cheat" but I will use them to make tasks I have access to or need for easier.

It's a pretty amazing game world and it seems almost like the game is secondary to "living" in this place which is, I think a pretty excellent achievement. I'm up at lvl 18, wandering around in Superior Steel Armour (Gauntlets enchanted to give +13% 2-Handed Damage), Superior Skyforged Steel Battle Axe (having traded it in from a Superior Ancient Nord Battle Axe) and tbh, there's very little any dragon can do when I start swinging :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Shiminay wrote: »
    So, since Steam had this on sale on Friday (and still is - €32.99), I got this figuring that it's probably working by now (cause all Bethesda games are broken when they're released). Six months late to the party, but all I can say is Wow!

Added some mods almost straight away - Nexus Mod Manager FTW. Hi-Res textures, improved lighting, SkyUI and one or two others. I got a Map one that doesn't seem to have worked, so might try figure that out tonight. Added one that gives me a basement in my house in Whiterun which has some manequins to hang additional armour sets on and some weapons racks and mounts as well as an Enchantment Bench - I really wasn't arsed having to go all the way up and down to Dragonsreach to have to enchant every time I wanted to as I'm just starting to throw a lot of time into that skill. I'm not interested in using mods to "cheat" but I will use them to make tasks I have access to or need for easier.

It's a pretty amazing game world and it seems almost like the game is secondary to "living" in this place which is, I think a pretty excellent achievement. I'm up at lvl 18, wandering around in Superior Steel Armour (Gauntlets enchanted to give +13% 2-Handed Damage), Superior Skyforged Steel Battle Axe (having traded it in from a Superior Ancient Nord Battle Axe) and tbh, there's very little any dragon can do when I start swinging :D
    Skyrim has been my main game since starting it in late December; I'm up to 98 hours according to Steam, smashing the hourly total for my previous most player game (Fallout: New Vegas, racked up 68 hours I think) - and I'd guess I've another 40+ hours to go at least, if I want to finish all of the questlines! I want to be as thorough as possible in completing the main quests, as once I'm finished a game I just can't replay it, so gotta get as much of the content as I can on my one-and-only playthrough.

Still really enjoying it, happy to take my time and have not given in to the urge to power-game at all, I'm level 39 I think and as a sneaky mage-assassin type just can't fight toe-to-toe versus any tough opponents. I'd be lost without the ability to summon vassals to fight on my behalf! Sick to think I'll probably still be playing this game in another three months, hopefully will be finishing by then, I need to get stuck into my unplayed library as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

ionapaul wrote: »
    Skyrim has been my main game since starting it in late December; I'm up to 98 hours according to Steam, smashing the hourly total for my previous most player game (Fallout: New Vegas, racked up 68 hours I think) - and I'd guess I've another 40+ hours to go at least, if I want to finish all of the questlines! I want to be as thorough as possible in completing the main quests, as once I'm finished a game I just can't replay it, so gotta get as much of the content as I can on my one-and-only playthrough.

Still really enjoying it, happy to take my time and have not given in to the urge to power-game at all, I'm level 39 I think and as a sneaky mage-assassin type just can't fight toe-to-toe versus any tough opponents. I'd be lost without the ability to summon vassals to fight on my behalf! Sick to think I'll probably still be playing this game in another three months, hopefully will be finishing by then, I need to get stuck into my unplayed library as soon as possible.
    I think you'll be doing very well to get absolutely everything in on one playthrough. Some quests are mutually exclusive and even after 4 playthroughs and 416 hours :eek: I still found new locations and quests each time.

It's a pretty amazing game world and it seems almost like the game is secondary to "living" in this place which is, I think a pretty excellent achievement. I'm up at lvl 18, wandering around in Superior Steel Armour (Gauntlets enchanted to give +13% 2-Handed Damage), Superior Skyforged Steel Battle Axe (having traded it in from a Superior Ancient Nord Battle Axe) and tbh, there's very little any dragon can do when I start swinging
    I love the fact that the Nexus Mod Manager automatically detects and works with Morrowind, Oblivion, FO3 and New Vegas. So handy having everything in one place. I did have some hassle getting it to install some mods though so I ended up installing them manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

So, since Steam had this on sale on Friday (and still is - €32.99)

I think this really highlights how popular a game Skyrim is. The price is still pretty much the same (Steam aside) as it was at release over 6 months ago. Most PC games have dropped rapidly in price over the same period.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ionapaul wrote: »
    I'm level 39 I think and as a sneaky mage-assassin type .

snap :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I'm a level 16 Nord. Still getting my ass kicked by every fecking dragon and any zombie with a bit of power.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,693 ✭✭✭✭klose

Just spent 20 minutes following a talking dog for some quest, this is not normal but on skyrim it is :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i love finding stray dogs, i feel sorry for them though because i don't like taking companions with me :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Just spent 20 minutes following a talking dog for some quest, this is not normal but on skyrim it is :cool:

god i hated that hairy bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,693 ✭✭✭✭klose

god i hated that hairy bastard

He kept circling in helgen, was about to abondon it but drove on with it.Turned out to be quite the warrior seeing as he cant die so all the people diverted their attention to attacking an immortal dog instead of me :D
    Trying to get all the daedra items atm

Yea, I thought we had to go to Helgen and I spent ages wandering around there wondering where he'd gone till I opened my map and journal and saw that we were only passing through on the way to the cave. Haven't done the next bit and was getting really annoyed with the dog following and barking at me all the time (next time, it's battle axe through the skull for you doggy - immortal or not).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I've played this for well over 100 hours and I'm still finding things that surprise me
    Headless Horseman WTF!

I spotted that too the other day, didn't have the means to chase it down though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ronoc 1

i got skyrim last week and a i am really enjoying it.it was daunting at first when you see the huge world in front of you but after a couple of hours you soon get the hang of it.ive done a fair few missions but had to give up on a good few because i couldnt open the locks,so frustrating when you think you are just about to turn a lock when it breaks.i have to say some of the enemy ai is poor,there was one boss who was very easy to kill becuse the poor fellow got stuck in his chair,not really complaining, kind of charming in its own way.

one thing i do wonder about is how such a massive game is all on one disc wheras mass effect 3 was on two discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

ronoc 1 wrote: »
    one thing i do wonder about is how such a massive game is all on one disc wheras mass effect 3 was on two discs.

Because Mass Effect 3 has hours and hours of dialogue, whereas Skyrim has exactly three minutes worth of dialogue that is repeated ten thousand times. Also, for all its scale, Skyrim is basically a handful of textures splashed across the terrain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Plus man-Shep's huge meat head is too big for one disc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

indeed, his nodger surpasses even the meanest of Dovahkiin's package. Unfortunate but the world is how it is

Advertisement