Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Any idea yet as to when the DLC will come out and what it will feature?

I know that many are not really into Skyrim but for those that are, it must be the best 'bang-for-buck' game ever - I bought it at Christmas for €25, have 100 hours clocked up and am looking forward to many more, each hour of entertainment costs pennies... Actually, I saw that Just Cause 2 is for sale in the Bargain Thread, if you picked it up for cheap it would score very highly on the bang-for-buck scale, it has less content than Skyrim and is even more repetitive, but is still a vast open world with a lot of ways of entertaining oneself!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just Cause 2 is a lot of very silly shooty fun, well worth owning.

I stuck another mod on last night that allows my horse to have an inventory to store stuff as well as a key bound to tell it to wait or follow and a purchasable item that allows you to call the horse - Convenient Horses. After getting that, I happened to walk off a very tall cliff along the north eastern coast and my horse died :( Luckily I'd just walked past a camp with 2 dead guys and a poor old horse with no master, so I was able to jump on him and say good bye to my first horsey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

+1 on Just Cause 2, it's a fun game and nothing more. Don't expect a 'plot', the developers decided it would get in the way of having faaaaar too much fun with an infinite supply of parachutes.

Sorry....Skyrim!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Someone help,

I just cant get back into Skyrim, when I first got it I played it for hours every day, loved it then around Christmas I stopped playing it and since then I cant get back into it.

I got to level 27 with a dark elf, thieving, arrow firing menace.

Anyone any advice:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

new character, new path, new adventure :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Shiminay wrote: »
    I stuck another mod on last night that allows my horse to have an inventory to store stuff as well as a key bound to tell it to wait or follow and a purchasable item that allows you to call the horse - Convenient Horses. After getting that, I happened to walk off a very tall cliff along the north eastern coast and my horse died :( Luckily I'd just walked past a camp with 2 dead guys and a poor old horse with no master, so I was able to jump on him and say good bye to my first horsey.

I just bought a horse once, but the crazy animal went bezerk and tried to kill anything within 100 yards of him. And got himself killed.

Now, I just fast-travel / run everywhere, which is helped by :
    the fact that I'm a werewolf and can run much much faster.
    That and the "whirlwind sprint" shout.

Am I actually missing out on not going back to buy another horse?

Stop being a sneaky useless git Browning and grab a battle axe and fight like a man! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Shiminay wrote: »
    Stop being a sneaky useless git Browning and grab a battle axe and fight like a man! :p

Well what do you know I started again last night as a nord going for a one handed brute style this time.

The game has still lost its appeal for me, nothing surprises me or makes me want to go and explore anymore and I dont know why

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Well what do you know I started again last night as a nord going for a one handed brute style this time.

The game has still lost its appeal for me, nothing surprises me or makes me want to go and explore anymore and I dont know why

Same with me, put in 180+ hours between release and February. Got to level 20 something on a new character and just can't be arsed to start it up since. Its weird cos I was obsessed with it for so long, and then dropped it like a hot spud.

It may well be a new Gfx card later in the year that gets me back into it.

Jaysus, in 30ish hours I've hit level 21 and I don't feel like I'm ploughing through it - taking my time with a lot of things.

I find that with story driven games in general, if I go away from it for any length of time (even just 2 weeks), I have a lot of difficulty getting back into the game. Deus Ex was the most recent example - I was loving the game and got distracted by another shiny game for a couple of weeks and when I tried to get back into Human Revolution, I was very "meh"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Said this before, the game has alot of content, the content is decent at best. I played for 40 hours and have a low opinion of the game. I dunno what that ses about me. I played FFXiii for 20 hours. I hated almost all of those 20 hours, yet I still played for some reason. I started playing again the other day, but only because I got 3 spell mods. Flash step mod(it's a power that teleports you, takes up a bit of stamina only), Naruto(just because 2 spells, a FUS-RO-DA spell basically, and whatever you look at sets on fire), and Apocalpse spell pack because it's good

I dont' hold it against Skyrim for getting repetitive to me. Quantity nearly always brings down the quality when it comes to games Imo. I do hold it against FFXIII though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Loved this game. Yeah I think a lot of the quests are a bit samey but, like Oblivion, there really is a sense of accomplishment with completing them. Put in about 75hrs which is more than enough. The only questline I didn't complete was the Daedric Quests. Apparently these are quiet good so I may go back and complete at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Vyse wrote: »
    Put in about 75hrs which is more than enough.

No. No, it's not.

:P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Said this before, the game has alot of content, the content is decent at best. I played for 40 hours and have a low opinion of the game. I dunno what that ses about me. I played FFXiii for 20 hours. I hated almost all of those 20 hours, yet I still played for some reason. I started playing again the other day, but only because I got 3 spell mods. Flash step mod(it's a power that teleports you, takes up a bit of stamina only), Naruto(just because 2 spells, a FUS-RO-DA spell basically, and whatever you look at sets on fire), and Apocalpse spell pack because it's good

I dont' hold it against Skyrim for getting repetitive to me. Quantity nearly always brings down the quality when it comes to games Imo. I do hold it against FFXIII though

The problem with Skyrim (and Oblivion and the Fallouts for that matter) is that it doesn't lend well to sporadic short play sessions. It's the game that will own your life for a few days at a time at which point you might bored/stuck and put it down for something quick and simple (Trials Evolution in my case).
    Then it can be hard to get back into. I find it can take a couple of hours of play-time to get invested in it again after which I can put it down for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,693 ✭✭✭✭klose

Any time I fast travel somewhere there always seems to be a dragon there or very near by, are they infinite or what?

Also thought of becoming a vampire on my second charecter the other and looked up what ya get etc etc.. cant see any posotive from becoming one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Yeah, one usually spawns when I fast travel, which is quite annoying.......

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Dragons are infinite, there are named ones then. Honestly, I would have much prefared 15-20 Dragons, that all fought and acted different. Instead of infinite renames/more stats/different tails. Bosses. Becuse even the main quest dragons are no different than the over world ones. They just have names

Well, **** it anyway, I'll get Dragons dogma and see if that can hold me over till Obsidian's new game...south park rpg :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I have to admit that it's quite an accomplishment turning encounters with massive swooping dragons into a boring chore... but Skyrim somehow manages it

I became Thane of Winterhold last night - sure it's a lovely house, but it took *all* of my money to pay for and to clean up. Now I need to get busy questing to make the rest of the money I need to finish decorating the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Just enchant the sh1t out of every bit of armour weapon you get, will make back the dough in no time.

Finally got the dragon armour last night, man that was annoying trying to slow walk 300 weight of dragon bones\scales to the smith. BTW is there any vendors with a decent bit of cash, trying to offload some ebony armour and the value exceeds the merchants avalible money.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

Tonalia of the thieves guild will have 4000 when you finish that quest line. You may have to sell her some of it, then go back to another room, rest/wait 2 game days, then come back in and sell her the rest as her money is reset then.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

What are peoples favourites Daedric quests?

I left Skyrim for a few months to play Football Manager and MW3, fancied a change but I'm getting back into it.

So far, that I can rememebr I've completed 3, maybe 4 of these quests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Only started playing recently, I can see myself acquiring a healthy pale complexion over the summer!

Its a strange game in the way its hard from the get go. I'm only level 10, but its not like other games where enemies are easy to kill from the start. I think I'm in saarthal at the moment, wandering on my own after the Guy from the college stayed to inspect something. Great game tho, its so easy to get sidetracked on your way to a mission in some tomb or mine on what inevitably becomes a long mission. Great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I'm archmage, head of the Thieves Guild and I have far too much money for my own good. I also own as many houses as I can possibly get. I've been getting rat arse drunk and having fist fights of late. I think I might take a wife before I go and finish the main story and then resume drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reekwind wrote: »
    I have to admit that it's quite an accomplishment turning encounters with massive swooping dragons into a boring chore... but Skyrim somehow manages it

Make it a challenge, beat a dragon with your bare fists.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

gavredking wrote: »
    What are peoples favourites Daedric quests?

I left Skyrim for a few months to play Football Manager and MW3, fancied a change but I'm getting back into it.

So far, that I can rememebr I've completed 3, maybe 4 of these quests.

Well you've been missing out, the Daedric Quests are probably the most entertaining part of the game! You owe it to yourself to do all 15 or 16 of them.

My favourite quests are probably for Molag Bal and Clavicus Vile, but all of them are worth doing. Very well written with some of the best armour and equipment as rewards for completing them. :)

I have to go and finish the Clavicus Vile quest, that's next on my to-do list I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

started playing again as the ps3 version was unplayable there a few months ago, dam i forgot amazing this game is and runs perfectly now on ps3. just finished the dark brotherhood storyline and so much more left to do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

The Kinect functionality update is quite good, helps make play smoother and now shouting FUS RO DAH at the screen works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Gi joe! wrote: »
    Well you've been missing out, the Daedric Quests are probably the most entertaining part of the game! You owe it to yourself to do all 15 or 16 of them.

My favourite quests are probably for Molag Bal and Clavicus Vile, but all of them are worth doing. Very well written with some of the best armour and equipment as rewards for completing them. :)

There the only 2 quests I can think of that I've completed as I have the Mace and Mask.

Oooohhh and I completed the one with the guy in the museum and razor shards.

Have to go and do more and finish restoring the Thieves Guild to glory :pac:

Advertisement