Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Did the Vile quest last night (it was *really* easy), forgot to drop the axe off cause I got side tracked (as always). Also, the new Housecarl from Windhelm (not Winterhold as I accidentally said a few posts up) seems to have an inventory limit, unlike Lydia and the UFO mod doesn't seem to quite be behaving itself (should allow for multiple followers), so I'm gonna have to look into that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Shiminay wrote: »
    Did the Vile quest last night (it was *really* easy), forgot to drop the axe off cause I got side tracked (as always). Also, the new Housecarl from Windhelm (not Winterhold as I accidentally said a few posts up) seems to have an inventory limit, unlike Lydia and the UFO mod doesn't seem to quite be behaving itself (should allow for multiple followers), so I'm gonna have to look into that :)

She does, on PS3 anyway, gets loaded down with dragon scales and bones pretty quickly if you throw enough of them at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Has a limit on the xbox version too as well as mjoll and aella(only 3 companions i really used). If you can get around her never shutting up with the same 3 stories; mjoll is freaking awesome.

hmmm, will investigate that so, maybe it's one of the mods playing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Finally got myself back into the game, just wondering what's the best light armor you can get and how can it be got?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Probably Glass I'd say (haven't been able to craft it yet). Failing that, Elf should tide you over till you skill up in smithing (and enchanting!) to make something useful.

edit - I just did a bit of looking, it seems you can make a light dragon variant as well as heavy...

Yeah the light dragon armour is pretty good, it has better defense than most heavy armours. to get smithing up, get as much gold\silver ore as possible and the transmute spell comes in handy as it turns iron ore to silver and silver to gold. Jewellery bumps up the smithing level big time, its worth also going to dwemer areas's to pick up all the scrap to make dwarven ingots(and there's a lot of precious stones for jewellery too), dwarven armour gives a fairly decent smith level bump too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Probably Glass I'd say (haven't been able to craft it yet). Failing that, Elf should tide you over till you skill up in smithing (and enchanting!) to make something useful.

edit - I just did a bit of looking, it seems you can make a light dragon variant as well as heavy...

The light dragon armour is the best light armour.
    If complete the thieves guild main quest you also get a very nice set of enchanted light armour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Cant say I liked the dragon armour, my daedric was better and looked better.

Daedric is the best heavy armour better than dragonplate, dragonscale armour is the best light armour. Speaking of daedric armour whats a good source for daedra hearts? Ony got the one daedra weapon with the 1 heart i found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Killing Daedra by doing the Daedric quests would be your best bet. Once you have afew they seem to pop up in the better potion shops for sale then.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

Daedric is the best heavy armour better than dragonplate, dragonscale armour is the best light armour. Speaking of daedric armour whats a good source for daedra hearts? Ony got the one daedra weapon with the 1 heart i found.

i got all mine from the little girl in the dark brotherhood sanctuary, she usually updates the shop every 48 hours so buy a few hearts, wait for 2 days and usually she has more then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon if you do his quest. The Dremora inside respawn every few days. There's one in Kodlak's room in Jorrvaskr but it doesn't respawn. There's also a way of making them in the Mages College but it's more hassle than it's worth.

You can also buy the hearts from the suspicious dealer in the mages guild, I forget his name completely though.

psugrue wrote: »
    i got all mine from the little girl in the dark brotherhood sanctuary, she usually updates the shop every 48 hours so buy a few hearts, wait for 2 days and usually she has more then

+1 to that, i've got 2 full daedric sets just buying from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

For those signed up to Steam Beta patches, the 1.6 patch should be out now and includes horseback combat! Ranged and melee. More details here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ooh! jousting!

That might tempt me to actually use a horse, go all Genghis Khan.

Says "AnCapaillMor" eh? I'll bet you're only saying that so we don't think you're actually a horse.

This is a good addition - I hate having to jump off the horse to kill a wolf with a single swing of my axe.

Suddenly Mongols.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Fast traveled to a city today. A dragon appeared. Then another and another. I had to fight 3 dragons at once!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Fast traveled to a city today. A dragon appeared. Then another and another. I had to fight 3 dragons at once!!!

That sounds pretty awesome. I only ever had one dragon at a time.

I also never saw a single dragon grab a mammoth, that single clip was what sold me the game :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you mean giant?

i saw a dragon try to pick up a giant, and the giant just beat the **** out of him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

would like to see a dragon fling a giant around place! would be epic!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

you mean giant?

i saw a dragon try to pick up a giant, and the giant just beat the **** out of him

Awesome :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

hypermuse wrote: »

If you ever fought both you would realize that quite the opposite would happen :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Grimebox wrote: »
    If you ever fought both you would realize that quite the opposite would happen :p

oh I have.. dragons are far too weak in this game for my liking!

hypermuse wrote: »

Saw a dragon fight a giant, waited for giant and dragon to weaken each other(id just started the game), saw dragon by itself, finished it off, I celebrated and then I was launched 300 feet into the air. Apparently the giant took up my tactic. I was gutted id explored alot and the last save was about an hour or so back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Adyx wrote: »
    More details here.

Jesus Christ:
    ZSmPB.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mounted combat should be awesome

Advertisement