Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Zillah wrote: »
    Jesus Christ:
    ZSmPB.png

Hah, American is a language now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Sounds awesome! Do the lowly consoles get this update? Only seems to be details of it on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

you mean giant?

i saw a dragon try to pick up a giant, and the giant just beat the **** out of him

No, definitely mammoth.

There was a pre-release demonstration at some show or other showing the player walking among giants herding mammoths when all of a sudden this dragon swoops out of the sky and lifts a mammoth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah I Know the video you're talking about for some reason I thought it was a giant it picked up, not a mammoth

--edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Ytu2u1iog

11m10s

it was the giant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

I have had so that when I shot down the dragon and it did the crashland animation it crash landed heading towards a house when it hit the house it flew over it leaving the dirt trail over the house as well which i found most amusing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You know what's really fking annoying? Trying to get a dragon's attention when it's flying overhead. I have wasted about a hundred arrows on it at this stage, it's bloody infuriating. I'm right here you dragon bastard, come at me brah!

Shiminay wrote: »
    You know what's really fking annoying? Trying to get a dragon's attention when it's flying overhead. I have wasted about a hundred arrows on it at this stage, it's bloody infuriating. I'm right here you dragon bastard, come at me brah!

i hated that **** so much, it kept happening

one time i had 3 of them circling around in the sky and not one would fight me

and you cant fast travel when they're around cos of the enemy nearby thing so I had to walk ****ing ages to get away from them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would shouting up in the air gain their attention? I'm the opposite, I've usually got shít to do so dragons can be a nuisance.

I've tried shouting at them with offensive shouts and the "hey, skeever but" one :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will they be telling us more about the dlc at E3 do ye think?

• Advertisement

Shouting is usually the best way, if you wait in the same place for about 2-3mins they will fly off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can you use magic from horseback?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kiith wrote: »
    Can you use magic from horseback?

Step 1 = Aim down
    Step 2 = Cast Fireball
    Step 3 = ??????
    Step 4 = Profit!

:p

step 5: Burned horsemeat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Which is one of the few reasons to actually progress the main quest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Reekwind wrote: »
    Which is one of the few reasons to actually progress the main quest

There's a main quest???????? Man i can't get over the amount of sidequests in this game, as soon as i clear 1 i get 3 more.

Ok so question on the alchemy, haven't really gone near except to make fortify enchant potions, the one i really want is fortify smithing, however anytime i go to the lab forify smithing doesn't show up. Bear in mind i've 0 perks put into alchemy.

You'll either need to buy a recipe from a vendor or start randomly guzzling stuff to see which one's offer Fortify Smithing as a perk. I found loads of them, never use them cause smithing levels up pretty quickly if you just process the stuff you find to sell at a higher margin (I think I'm at 65 just forging and improving stuff based on what I've found).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

There's a main quest???????? Man i can't get over the amount of sidequests in this game, as soon as i clear 1 i get 3 more.

Ok so question on the alchemy, haven't really gone near except to make fortify enchant potions, the one i really want is fortify smithing, however anytime i go to the lab forify smithing doesn't show up. Bear in mind i've 0 perks put into alchemy.

I have so many fecking active sidequests, I have no idea what to do when I turn on the game tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

You'll either need to buy a recipe from a vendor or start randomly guzzling stuff to see which one's offer Fortify Smithing as a perk. I found loads of them, never use them cause smithing levels up pretty quickly if you just process the stuff you find to sell at a higher margin (I think I'm at 65 just forging and improving stuff based on what I've found).

Actually they're very handy potions, they don't bump up the smithing level, they bump up the max damage when you upgrade a piece of armour. by default my daedric bow was did 82 damage with some items with smithing enchantments and a crappy smithing potion i was able to knock it up to 162. Apparently you can craft some pretty strong smithing potions, smithing +60% etc.

The main quest isn't that bad, a lot of people said they disliked it but once followed can be fun enough. I wish there was more integration with the legion/stormcloak quest line as I felt they were better than the main quest line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hah, American is a language now??
    ..and Great British used to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Overheal wrote: »
    ..and Great British used to be?

Nope, but the English flag is incorporated into the flag of GB.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A trailer for the first DLC / Expansion - Dawnguard - has been released. Looks like it's using a fair number of things first seen in a tech-reel Bethesda showed during a conference. Looks pretty substantial anyway; should be interesting to play with the new bits & pieces. Horse Armour this most certainly isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Timed exclusive for xbox Booooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

I kind of sniggered when it mentioned "better with kinect" I think I would rather take my stable frame rates, mods, 1080p visuals over kinect voice integration any day :D I can't wait on this new DLC!

Yea, I wonder how long they'll make the rest of us wait for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

N64 wrote: »
    I think I would rather take my stable frame rates, mods, 1080p visuals over kinect voice integration any day

What brand of madness is this..... :eek::confused:

And Yes, of course! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgI-w08FSRic6C9ICwFIPRA2fpwSG6cRQXvKwqaUqJExfkNpROWQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I lost a 50hr+ save game a while back when my HDD died, I started a new game earlier and just found I wasn't arsed. Doubt I'll motivate myself to play this again :(

• Advertisement

im kinda the same way
    i'm reasonably sure if I started it up again I'd enjoy it soon enough but watching that video I was just.. bored.

I'd actually play oblivion again before skyrim I think.
    looks beautiful sure but once the newness has worn off it just isn't that great.

Advertisement