Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Well it has been announced the first wave of beta invites has gone out but if you get one then you are really special as Bethesda have said only half of one percent who applied will be getting one and also the amount who actually applied was 'overwhelming'. I guess that's what happens when people see a way of getting the DLC for free ( myself included :o ).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A quick question because I can't find a satisfactory answer to this anywhere.

In the Light Armor Tree, one of the perks is called "matching set" which can be accessed at L.70. It gives a 25% armour bonus if you are wearing a matching set of armour.

I have Elven Boots, Gauntlets, Armor and Helmet but cannot see any bonus being applied?

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

FutureGuy wrote: »
    A quick question because I can't find a satisfactory answer to this anywhere.

In the Light Armor Tree, one of the perks is called "matching set" which can be accessed at L.70. It gives a 25% armour bonus if you are wearing a matching set of armour.

I have Elven Boots, Gauntlets, Armor and Helmet but cannot see any bonus being applied?

Any ideas?

Maybe you need a shield as well? Never used that perk myself.

swiftblade wrote: »
    Maybe you need a shield as well? Never used that perk myself.

Nope I have that as well which is used during Dragon slaying :D

I actually stumbled on a site that said that in addition to being Elven Armor, it also has to be either all Light, Regular or Gilded. Will try it when I get home.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I have the same perk for heavy, I honestly can't recall if it's been applied or not (now wearing all Ebony, was wearing all Steel Plate when I hit the perk).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just starting into the game now quick question with regards to story,better spoiler it too
    Does it matter if I change into the werewolf early on in the story? does it have a big bearing on the story? I just don't feel right about it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Nope I have that as well which is used during Dragon slaying :D

I actually stumbled on a site that said that in addition to being Elven Armor, it also has to be either all Light, Regular or Gilded. Will try it when I get home.

Yeah, if you have, say, elven gloves, helmet and boots but gilded elven armor, it won't be applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Just starting into the game now quick question with regards to story,better spoiler it too
    Does it matter if I change into the werewolf early on in the story? does it have a big bearing on the story? I just don't feel right about it
    Storywise not much, it lets you continue on in the companions storyline and later on its handy enough to get rid of the curse. The 1 big fall down of the werewolf is you lose the bonus you get from being well rested

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Restarted skyrim a couple of days ago and after much effort found where I had left my fortify smithing/potions equipment. They were in a mannequin :P

I wish I had gone with an archer instead of a mage using crazy armor with even crazier buffs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anyone playing on 360 get into the dawnguard beta?

• Advertisement

So I've about 20hrs play time of the game done and appartenly I'm a stage 4 vampire
    4208201_std.jpg

Whats up with that

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

So I've about 20hrs play time of the game done and appartenly I'm a stage 4 vampire
    4208201_std.jpg

Whats up with that

you gotta feed to go back to stage 1....you really gotta feed every 3 days or less or else you'll become a stage 4 vampire and be attacked everywhere you go.....use your invisibility and night vision to good use!

psugrue wrote: »
    you gotta feed to go back to stage 1....you really gotta feed every 3 days or less or else you'll become a stage 4 vampire and be attacked everywhere you go.....use your invisibility and night vision to good use!

Ah crap,I gotta feed, so much for being a good guy in this

This may seem stupid but do you gain experience from completing quests?
    I've never noticed myself level up when I do

Nope you level up via just the skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

This may seem stupid but do you gain experience from completing quests?
    I've never noticed myself level up when I do

No, ya just level up by leveling up your skills..

You might get a reward such as gold coins, a weapon, armor etc or possibly trained in a certain skill.
    For example someone might express their gratitude by increasing one of your skill levels by 1.. This would help you level up technically!

hypermuse wrote: »
    No, ya just level up by leveling up your skills..

You might get a reward such as gold coins, a weapon, armor etc or possibly trained in a certain skill.
    For example someone might express their gratitude by increasing one of your skill levels by 1.. This would help you level up technically!

Well that really takes away my interest in completing quests now

Yeah but you're going to bump up some of your skills while doing the quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Well that really takes away my interest in completing quests now

Just look at the skills you have and see what you can improve. Skyrim doesn't have major/minor skills, compared to Oblivion. If your lockpicking is low, just buy a whole load of them and pick every lock you see. If you collect a whole load of garbage weapons, fill some soul gems and enchant them at an enchanting table. As well, weapon and armour skills will be bumped up through killing stuff and blocking hits.

EDIT: Try to build up your Smithing skills too.
    Storywise not much, it lets you continue on in the companions storyline and later on its handy enough to get rid of the curse. The 1 big fall down of the werewolf is you lose the bonus you get from being well rested

Did you try activating the Lover Stone?

Yeah, if you have, say, elven gloves, helmet and boots but gilded elven armor, it won't be applied.

Just to update. I just crafted all glass armor and it works perfectly. The shield is not important, just armour, helmet, gauntlets and boots.

Only recently got back into this after ME3 and still love it. I've decided to refrain from activating some quests so I can replay as a badass mudering thief while experiencing some new content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I completed the main quest last night, after approximately 140 hours of play since starting the game in late December. Had previously completed the thieves guild, dark brotherhood and college of winterhold quest lines. Have completed a few quests in both the imperials (civil war) and companion quest lines, and am a bard. I'm planning to take a break to play Bastion and maybe Arkham City, but want to complete the two other main quest lines at some point, before playing the DLC.

Skyrim definitely goes down as one of my favourite games ever, I really enjoyed it - I think actively avoiding power-gaming really helped with this, as it is clear that the game can be played in a manner which will result in your character becoming god-like very quickly, and thus probably lessening the challenge and enjoyment experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

When is Dawnguard released?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,693 ✭✭✭✭klose

Around the 28th on xbox iirc. Thats if the beta goes well so maybe early July would be a more realistic hope

• Registered Users Posts: 11,693 ✭✭✭✭klose

It's coming out on Tuesday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

any release date for pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

any release date for pc?

1 month after xbox gets it.

so 26th july

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

massive game gets massiver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I don't really understand the advantage to Xbox of having it released first, surely it's not going to make any difference to sales?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Got's these today as part of my birthday present, skyrim coasters. P and L in daedric as my name is Paul and also a couple of dragons :pac:

yZODq.jpg

Advertisement