Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

man thats rough -_-
    Stop I'm hanging on a cross without it, Bad Company 2 is like my after work wind down! Gonna see if I can feed the banjaxed hoor of a PS3 to Gamestop for some store credit towards a new one, if I can pull the wool over their eyes happy days! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Elrollo wrote: »
    Stop I'm hanging on a cross without it, Bad Company 2 is like my after work wind down! Gonna see if I can feed the banjaxed hoor of a PS3 to Gamestop for some store credit towards a new one, if I can pull the wool over their eyes happy days! :D

Sure screw the poor soul that buys it then eh.

Dcully wrote: »
    Sure screw the poor soul that buys it then eh.
    Surely you don't expect me to pay for a brand new machine like some sort of 'honest' individual?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Kontakt

Took me 153 hours, but I completed Oblivion in full on the 360.

Got the RROD though, so I'll be buying a new one, a PS3 or PC for Skyrim. Not sure what to go for yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

OMG the new gameplay on gametrailers......*drroooooolll"

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-elder-scrolls/720517

3parts from E3 , bout 30 mins long

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i dunno if skyrim will be *that* crazy on specs.. a 3yr old pc oughta have no problems with it

What about max settings?

What about max settings in 3d? want :D

my god, that new gameplay trailer, so much goddamn want!
    pedobeardowant.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

just booked 2 weeks off from work for skyrim. been saving my holidays all year for it.

Nodferatu wrote: »
    just booked 2 weeks off from work for skyrim. been saving my holidays all year for it.

I plan on quitting my job for Skyrim :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Only started Oblivion the other day. Round 12 hours clocked. This game is so good. Skyrim has went from, maybe, to first day. Excited to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

SeantheMan wrote: »
    OMG the new gameplay on gametrailers......*drroooooolll"

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-elder-scrolls/720517

3parts from E3 , bout 30 mins long

Voice acting is just as sh**ty as oblivions' was by sound of it, you'd think they'd learn from the witcher and spice up the vanilla olde medieval vibe :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What annoys me most about that new gameplay footage, is that it's not new. It's pretty much the exact same thing we saw in June, with a few added scenes. Would be nice to get some completely new footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Currently playing the witcher 2 and as a result skyrim videos look very underwhelming to me. I loved oblivion for the 1st week I played it. Until I got over the graphics and open world and found the gameplay itself and story, lacking.

As addressed the combat is weak. Though it is hard to pull off in FPS compared to 3rd person as displayed already by those dark messiah vids, it is possible to pull off decent 1st person melee combat.

Here's hoping it'll improve by the time its out.

and i care because? XD

you bothered to reply :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Elrollo wrote: »
    Nah, I'm grabbing the PS3 version, though I'll have to get a new PS3, ran Deus Ex there a few days ago and the bastard now doesn't like reading discs anymore, consider me sickened!:(

Blow into the disc bit of the PS3. I read a couple of people amazed that it fixed their console after it wouldn't read discs anymore and that they're happy they tried it because all they read online was people saying their was no hope to fix it and just buy a new one. Seriously, give it a good shot and let us know how it turns out :O

SeantheMan wrote: »
    you bothered to reply :P

the video was funny, no offence taken or anything. proud nerd :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

No surprises there really. The multiple autosave feature is a welcome addition though.

• Advertisement

Blow into the disc bit of the PS3. I read a couple of people amazed that it fixed their console after it wouldn't read discs anymore and that they're happy they tried it because all they read online was people saying their was no hope to fix it and just buy a new one. Seriously, give it a good shot and let us know how it turns out :O
    I'll try that when I get home on friday, currently working up in Dublin with my PS3 all the way down in Wexford! Tried using a hoover on the bugger to see if it was dirt last weekend and no joy, kept getting a weird clicking noise from PS3. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

cant wait for this.. physical map if itst pre-ordered.. thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Has anyone tried Oblivion on the highest difficulty on the slider? I played Morrowind like this and enjoyed it but in Oblivion the 1st rat felt like I was facing Hercules himself, is it like that the rest of the game? are you not capable of going toe to toe with most things?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

well I'm weak.............I just pre ordered the CE edition for pc,big gapping hole in my bank account now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

well I'm weak.............I just pre ordered the CE edition for pc,big gapping hole in my bank account now :o

You just paid €140 for a dragon statue.... NERD!!! :P

*jealous

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Big Knox wrote: »
    You just paid €140 for a dragon statue.... NERD!!! :P

*jealous

Don't forget a map and coffee table book as well :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Don't forget a map and coffee table book as well :o

The book is what I'd really want out of it. I'd say it'll be brilliant. The size of it on the desk in the pic! Might see can I find it seperately for cheaper after

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    The book is what I'd really want out of it. I'd say it'll be brilliant. The size of it on the desk in the pic! Might see can I find it seperately for cheaper after

Tis a nice looking alright,Well I'm broke now for a while,its worth it though :),did anyone else order it?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"You didn't get a good deal, you were just ****ed gently. Trust me, Best Buy will not be the one with the sore asshole tomorrow.""

http://twitter.com/#!/****mydadsays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The Skyrim collector's edition looks terrible. What the hell is anyone going to do with a big tacky plastic dragon? Put it on the mantlepiece and show it to your date?

Advertisement