Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im gonna get dawn guard soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Any sign of another ps3 patch? I've finished the main quest with over 120 hours or so put in, but a gamebreaking bug in Markarth makes it impossible to do any of the sidequests that happen there. If I go anywhere near it I'm arrested, and I can't go to jail and I can't pay any fines. Sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

That was fixed in Patch 1.4. Patch 1.7 released last week.

That said they did say that it may not fix the issue depending on how far into the game you have gone.

That's excellent news. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Playing this again after a long lapse. Haven't gotten Dawn yet, but tbh some of the content on the pc is pretty good. Playing through the kitty themed unofficial expac at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 st3veebee

Unofficial expansion pack? DO tell!!

Moonpaths to Elsweyr

"
    Experience the jungles and deserts of Elsweyr, meet the inhabitants, experience unique quests. Battle new and unique enemies, raptors, sload,hyena's,imga and more. Any race is welcome to join the caravan!

The mod contains about 13 different area's to explore in a variety of styles and sizes.
    Including lush jungles, dark tropical forests, deep desert, a personal hideout and much more.
    "

Kind of like the FO dlc, you go travel to another part of the world and come back to Skyrim when done.

That was fixed in Patch 1.4. Patch 1.7 released last week.

That said they did say that it may not fix the issue depending on how far into the game you have gone.

There was no update available when I turned on my machine. It seems it's only available in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Oooh might give that a go, on steamworkshop or the nexus?

I have it on Steamworks, probably on nexus as well, never checked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Moonpaths to Elsweyr

"
    Experience the jungles and deserts of Elsweyr, meet the inhabitants, experience unique quests. Battle new and unique enemies, raptors, sload,hyena's,imga and more. Any race is welcome to join the caravan!

The mod contains about 13 different area's to explore in a variety of styles and sizes.
    Including lush jungles, dark tropical forests, deep desert, a personal hideout and much more.
    "

Kind of like the FO dlc, you go travel to another part of the world and come back to Skyrim when done.

That sounds really cool

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

At least include the link for the mod, sheesh! If anyone's looking for it, here's it is:
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9782

Downloaded it myself a few weeks back & it's a very well put-together mod. It looks great, the makers clearly didn't just re-use a bunch of Skyrim assets & the 'hub' area feels like a million miles from wintry Skyrim. There's even voice-acting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

After every TES game, I always hope the next will be set in Elsweyr.....

fargoth-first-encounter.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

That mod looks interesting. I'm a little cautious about mods when I've had conflicts and corrupted saves due to some of them. Had to un-install a bunch of them before isolating the issue but still can no longer use the likes of "Climates of Tamriel" without crashes. It's made me hesitant to go before.

I do seem to enjoy buying various properties for some reasons. "Deus Mons" is a particularly excellent player home - ridiculously lavish, it really looks very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

ixoy wrote: »
    That mod looks interesting. I'm a little cautious about mods when I've had conflicts and corrupted saves due to some of them. Had to un-install a bunch of them before isolating the issue but still can no longer use the likes of "Climates of Tamriel" without crashes. It's made me hesitant to go before.

I do seem to enjoy buying various properties for some reasons. "Deus Mons" is a particularly excellent player home - ridiculously lavish, it really looks very well.

I find most lighting, water or massive scale texture mods can cause frame rate and crashing issues. I generally try to avoid these ones but have a lighting mod that is good. Also anything that adds huge numbers of NPC's (like Skyrim Civil War Mod) is a nono in terms of performance as well. Otherwise it might be an addressset issue where the computer is restricting itself to 2GB of RAM instead of more. AFAIk there is mods that can increase this over 2GB

I have Deus Mons and I use it for my Vampire character (suits the RP element a bit better), I recommend the 'Build your own home' mod for general use as you can make any kind of house you want (within reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Was playing through Skyrim there a week or two ago, cleared out a dungeon and didn't think too much of it. Until I actually did think about it for a bit.

It was White River Watch, and it's guarded by a blind old man. Outside, I killed a guy called Rodulf, and found a note on his corpse. Turns out Rodulf had been playing tricks on the blind old guy, so I felt good about killing him (Rodulf). I i didn't kill the blind guy, I snuck past him and went about clearing the dungeon out as normal. Got to the end, and killed the bandit chief, a bloke named Hajvarr, took my loot and left via the back entrance. Turns out that Hajvarr is the blind guard's nephew.

As I was heading back to Whiterun, I realised ... what I've just done is killed this blind old man's nephew. Likely his last connection to the world. His protector, perhaps. What else have I done? I've left him alone in a dungeon that is now full of dead bandits and no food (yeah, I took all the food too). How is he going to survive? It'll take him ages to realise he's the only one left. If he stays in the cave, he'll die of starvation. If he leaves, he'll get attacked by wolves (they're everywhere after all) and killed.

What's more cruel? Leaving him there or going back and killing him?

Anyways, this is why I love getting stuck into Skyrim, and why you have to try and immerse yourself in the game world. There are so many little stories around the place waiting to be found...

I find most lighting, water or massive scale texture mods can cause frame rate and crashing issues. I generally try to avoid these ones but have a lighting mod that is good.
    My PC should be more than capable of it - They were fine until it reached a point where some mods were probably conflicting with each other. I stripped them out to give myself peace of mind.
    I recommend the 'Build your own home' mod for general use as you can make any kind of house you want (within reason)
    Have that one too - themed it to a Mage and the secret lair to the Werewolf (for my Companion blood). Haven't built all the exterior buildings yet but I'm working on it...

pixelburp wrote: »
    At least include the link for the mod, sheesh! If anyone's looking for it, here's it is:
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9782

Downloaded it myself a few weeks back & it's a very well put-together mod. It looks great, the makers clearly didn't just re-use a bunch of Skyrim assets & the 'hub' area feels like a million miles from wintry Skyrim. There's even voice-acting!

Was there anything else to be downloaded with it? i can go to the caravan, see the khajit but can't talk to them, tried the nexus and steamworkshop versions with the same result(apart from caravan being in different places).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Was there anything else to be downloaded with it? i can go to the caravan, see the khajit but can't talk to them, tried the nexus and steamworkshop versions with the same result(apart from caravan being in different places).
    No, worked straight-off for me; did you have a look at the ReadMe or the user comments on the mod's page on skyrimnexus? It's not uncommon for mods to throw up weird eccentricities that others have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

ixoy wrote: »
    My PC should be more than capable of it - They were fine until it reached a point where some mods were probably conflicting with each other. I stripped them out to give myself peace of mind.

Id recommend getting BOSS and also an Addresset mod just in case. I have a fair few mods installed now and use BOSS and the Addresset Mod and havent have any crashes yet (and of course Skyrim Script Extender)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

BOSS was a life saver when I was modding skyrim a month or two bag

unfortunately I was still sick of skyrim so deleted it all after an hours playtime.. but at least I know when I go back to it it'll be painless and my modded playthrough of New Vegas too

What's boss? Do I need it? I've.... 50 or so mods active.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you dont have any issues, you probably dont need it

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6

it looks through your mod load order and checks for conflicts/rearranges the load order

Dunno if it was boss or a reboot but that moonpath is working now, took down the texture pack as well and have to say it looks impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'm pretty sure there's already a mod for this on PC

Underwhelming. Tgeres already a good byoh mod

Yes, there was already a mod released around this concept, too lazy to dig out the link though. To be fair, I imagine Bethesda will add a certain polish to the idea that perhaps the mod-maker wouldn't necessarily have.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yes, there was already a mod released around this concept, too lazy to dig out the link though. To be fair, I imagine Bethesda will add a certain polish to the idea that perhaps the mod-maker wouldn't necessarily have.
    The BYOH mod is a woodland cabin though with two stories (and a basement) and a few small exterior structures. It's not particularly big whereas that screenshot makes it look like the DLC will be on a much larger scale.
    Still though for those with access to free PC mods and lots and lots of house mods, this won't be nearly as appealing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

Okay folks I'm pretty vexed.

Put in Skyrim again after a break of a few months and as a result I had to download a new update (Xbox).

Now when I approach people - I cannot hear what they say. The dialogue box comes up if there is one - but I still cannot hear what they are saying.

I have tried going back to previous saves but its the same story them also.

I've over 100 hours put into this thing so naturally enough I am not impressed.

Has anybody else encountered this and is there a fix - without having to go back and just start a new game??

Thanks.

Advertisement