Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

I don't have an xbox anymore but you could try clearing your systems cache file.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

N64 wrote: »
    I don't have an xbox anymore but you could try clearing your systems cache file.

You sir are indeed a legend.

Followed the instructions on that link and I am now partaking in conversation again!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Was playing through Skyrim there a week or two ago, cleared out a dungeon and didn't think too much of it. Until I actually did think about it for a bit.

It was White River Watch, and it's guarded by a blind old man. Outside, I killed a guy called Rodulf, and found a note on his corpse. Turns out Rodulf had been playing tricks on the blind old guy, so I felt good about killing him (Rodulf). I i didn't kill the blind guy, I snuck past him and went about clearing the dungeon out as normal. Got to the end, and killed the bandit chief, a bloke named Hajvarr, took my loot and left via the back entrance. Turns out that Hajvarr is the blind guard's nephew.

As I was heading back to Whiterun, I realised ... what I've just done is killed this blind old man's nephew. Likely his last connection to the world. His protector, perhaps. What else have I done? I've left him alone in a dungeon that is now full of dead bandits and no food (yeah, I took all the food too). How is he going to survive? It'll take him ages to realise he's the only one left. If he stays in the cave, he'll die of starvation. If he leaves, he'll get attacked by wolves (they're everywhere after all) and killed.

What's more cruel? Leaving him there or going back and killing him?

Anyways, this is why I love getting stuck into Skyrim, and why you have to try and immerse yourself in the game world. There are so many little stories around the place waiting to be found...
    Someone helped me and I accidently killed his dad. Strange, I felt bad! It was the start of the game and I shot a chicken with a bow and arrow. He went mental and attacked me, so it had to be done!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Hearthfire is an absolute disaster. Remember the glitch where when you place stuff around your house, leave, then come back, and the stuff is moved everywhere or is on the floor/upside the ceiling? That glitch in the base game persists in Hearthfire, even when you put stuff in display cases. Spent ages using the glitchy grab system to awkwardly place 4 dragon priest masks in a display case. When I left and came back, they were on the floor two metres away.

Houses are so glitchy. Wish they'd fix this physics glitch crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    Hearthfire is an absolute disaster. Remember the glitch where when you place stuff around your house, leave, then come back, and the stuff is moved everywhere or is on the floor/upside the ceiling? That glitch in the base game persists in Hearthfire, even when you put stuff in display cases. Spent ages using the glitchy grab system to awkwardly place 4 dragon priest masks in a display case. When I left and came back, they were on the floor two metres away.

I have never experienced any of those problems. I'm on PC though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,693 ✭✭✭✭klose

Eggy Baby! wrote: »

I just realised this after seeing your post, and funnily enough I was placing the masks in a display cabinet too and came back in and they were all in a pile beside it. Its only the odd book or random thing other then that.

Im on xbox so this is a pretty cool add on and its something new between dlcs but if you're bored of the game it wont reignite your interest or anything. The house ends up really cluttered though if you were to add every available piece of furniture so I gave it a rest when I realised that. Its really handy to have everything in one spot e.g mannoquins/lots of chests/storage/cooking/weapon racks/grindstome/weapon smith etc etc..

Real pain bringing everything from my other two houses to this one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just popped this into the old PS3 again. Turns out everytime I go into water, my PS3 freezes. It's making exploring quite hard...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Just popped this into the old PS3 again. Turns out everytime I go into water, my PS3 freezes. It's making exploring quite hard...

Currently I only have a PS3 as my my computer just about ran Oblivion so I doubt it will run skyrim. I can't believe they did such a muck job of the PS3 release. I had been reading about this game since it was announced, though I haven't gone and gotten the PS3 version because of the problems. Hopefully I can save some money over the winter and build a new PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I thought they'd solved that issue with one of the patches? Jeez, people playing Skyrim on PS3 are getting a seriously raw deal...

I finally killed a Legendary Dragon (they were added in Dawnguard) the other day. It was quite an anticlimax, it took three hits to kill him. I also played Hearthfire, which is alright. Adoption is cool, but house building is a bit dull.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Cicero has to be one of the best video game charterers ever.

I didn't kill him and now he's a follower!

Happy days, we're best friends forever !

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

The game really isnt even that good..

Back to Oblivion says i...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

jayteecork wrote: »
    But now I can wear his costume - in your face Night Mother!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I didn't kill him and now he's a follower!

Happy days, we're best friends forever !

Did you come accross him before you did the Dark Brotherhood missions ? when he needs help on the road ? :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Did you come accross him before you did the Dark Brotherhood missions ? when he needs help on the road ? :D

Nah.

Heard about it on the Skyrim wiki though.

He's dragging the Night Mother's coffin about the place somewhere.

Mazing really the amount of vocabulary they recorded in for Cicero and if you just did the main quest you probably won't even have come across him!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It looks like some details of an upcoming Skyrim DLC have been leaked - and the information is very interesting. It seems like we could be making a return to Solstheim which was featured in Bloodmoon.

Skyrim ‘Dragonborn’ DLC files leaked, dragon mounts, Morrowind area incoming – report
    Skyrim: Dragonborn is the next DLC pack from Bethesda, according to players who have accessed the game’s update files. The files point to a Morrowind location, dragon mounts and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Nah.

Heard about it on the Skyrim wiki though.

He's dragging the Night Mother's coffin about the place somewhere.

Mazing really the amount of vocabulary they recorded in for Cicero and if you just did the main quest you probably won't even have come across him!

The best thing about the DB was the ghost of Lucius

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

It looks like some details of an upcoming Skyrim DLC have been leaked - and the information is very interesting. It seems like we could be making a return to Solstheim which was featured in Bloodmoon.

Skyrim ‘Dragonborn’ DLC files leaked, dragon mounts, Morrowind area incoming – report

Dragon mounts?!?!?!?!?!!! :eek: I can die happy

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Still no word on when the Dawnguard update will be out for PS3 either! I'm at around level 78 and 200 odd hours in. It's beginning to lag, loading wise, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I'm close to 200 hours on my PS3 version and I haven't had any problems with it save for the odd freeze once in a blue moon. Must be just lucky I suppose. Worst thing would be the relatively long loads, but they don't bother me that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I thought I'd drag this thread back up since Dragonborn is coming out today. Anyone else planning on downloading it? I can't wait to get back into Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Out today for Xbox, but us PC folk and the neglected PS3 crowd won't see it until early next year according to Bethesda.

I don't mind, really. Not in a rush to return to Skyrim and have way too many new games to get through including FarCry3.

Still, I'm interested in how good this DLC will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Just after finishing Dawnguard, pity Dragonborn isn't out for PC until next year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Burgo wrote: »
    Just after finishing Dawnguard, pity Dragonborn isn't out for PC until next year :(

Whattt??? I got the PC version because the DLC didn't look like it was ever coming to PS3. It was only a tenner on gamefly but still, get the finger out bethesda. Or stop this xbox exclusive nonsense.

Really was a silly idea to go with Xbox exclusive, only resulted in backlash from the PC and PS3 community (thought what's going on with them is a complete clusterfùck) and letting the Xbox users feel like guinea pigs for testing the releases.

Anyways, PC doesn't usually have to wait too long so I imagine sometime in January we'll see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Duggy747 wrote: »
    .....letting the Xbox users feel like guinea pigs for testing the releases.

A happy guinea pig I shall be though. As long as it aint full of bugs that is.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    A happy guinea pig I shall be though. As long as it aint full of bugs that is.

Well, at least you can give us a heads up if it's any good. I liked Skyrim but it just didn't have the same impact on me like Oblivion did so hopefully this DLC will bring some new fun elements into it.

Will report back so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

No spoilers though!

• Advertisement

Played for about 2 hrs last night.

New setting is a nice change, even if it seems to be a complete sh*t hole of a place to be honest.

Encountered one bug with a quest marker disappearing when I got near it. So reloaded my last autosave and ignored that quest. Came back to it later on, and it was still disappearaing, but I knew where I had to go this time, so I went there, and did some killing and the quest then appeared as completed.

Fought a Dragon
    (new type again, a serpentine dragon, had a head like an eel)
    . Game then crashed absorbing the soul so I turned it off.

Loading times are definitely slower since installing the addon, I would say nearly twice as slow. I thought it had crashed except for the music was playing and the Dark Elf on the screen could still be rotated.

Advertisement