Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Gandalph wrote: »
    ah all you youngins talkin about your Oblivion and Morrowind, it was all about daggerfall and arena kids :)

Curse of the Azure Bonds?

Pfft Daggerfall is modern.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Zillah wrote: »
    The Skyrim collector's edition looks terrible. What the hell is anyone going to do with a big tacky plastic dragon? Put it on the mantlepiece and show it to your date?

dating? your days of dating will be over once this game sucks you in :) the tacky plastic dragon is likely to be your only friend once you emerge from your skyrim-induced hibernation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Even then, it's soul will be yours.......

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Zillah wrote: »
    The Skyrim collector's edition looks terrible. What the hell is anyone going to do with a big tacky plastic dragon? Put it on the mantlepiece and show it to your date?
    The only date that matters is 11.11.11, never forget! After Skyrim is bought, I'll only leave the house for a bottle of jack daniels and nothing else!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Elrollo wrote: »
    The only date that matters is 11.11.11, never forget! After Skyrim is bought, I'll only leave the house for a bottle of jack daniels and nothing else!

Never forget! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

isn't that the same date as the Immortals films?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Kiith wrote: »

Never forget! :pac:

you would be doing well to forget that date!

[Embedded Image Removed]

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Nodferatu wrote: »

The children thing is just a reminder of how sick society really is as Pete has confirmed that there are indeed children in Skyrim but no you cannot hurt them
    Reminds me of those damn ones you couldn't kill in WoW... :pac:

rest is the same as usual i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Skerries wrote: »
    isn't that the same date as the Immortals films?
    It's also the release date for my favourite band's next album. They did it on 9.9.9 and 10.10.10, too. New Album each year... Damn release date hipsters. Everyone's at it now, and all it means is that on 11.11.11 I'll be as broke as hell from all the purchases or have to pick between them... which for me will be as hard as choosing between which one of my children lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Remember Remember the 11th of November... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

11/11 a tragic day in history, a day we all lose our lives...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Getting really worried about this game now after all the videos I've seen.

I have no idea how I am gonna balance real life and Skyrim.

When I was playing Oblivion, the girlfriend nearly left me, and at work, I was reading up on Oblivion and printing maps and locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

PC or XBOX, hmm...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

PC or XBOX, hmm...

pc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I was told skyrim got rid of the horrible "every enemy levels up with you" thing. But now I'm hearing its kept it? Which is true? Anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i heard the skinny white guy who is showing all the videos ive seen that they will have it kinda like fallout, where there are areas the character will have great difficulty in until they reach a certain level but there will be some small equivelant levelling going on in some respect so.. *shrug*

they have to recognise the amount of complaints that caused in oblivion though, and they didn't do it in fallout 3 or NV

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Places have level ranges.

E.g., a cave is level 10-15.
    You first enter the cave at level 8, the monsters will be at level 10.
    You first enter the cave at level 12, the monsters will be at level 12.
    You first enter the cave at level 22, the monsters will be at level 15.

The cave locks to whatever level you first go in at.

I haven't heard anything about item levelling. It might just be better depending on your skills (or whatever equivalent to skills that's replacing them).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The levelling system sounds fine (as described above). As long as there is an upper limit to an area, places can still be challenging if you go there early, and will be a breeze later in the game. I hope enemies respawn (after a set amount of time) in caves and dungeons though, so i can go back later destroy them.

Item levelling is another issue though. Nothing worse then getting a Sword of Absolute Destruction and then a rusty dagger is better then it 2 levels later.

those rusty daggers can be dangerous, they might give you tetanus and then you're fooked

those rusty daggers can be dangerous, they might give you tetanus and then you're fooked
    I sure there's a dragonshout for that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Is there any news on minimum/recommended system requirements for this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Kiith wrote: »
    I hope enemies respawn (after a set amount of time) in caves and dungeons though, so i can go back later destroy them.

THIS! I actually thougth there wasnt enough random spawn in area's and caves which made it sometimes boring (eeek) and harder to level, in Oblivion, I really hope they have more action for us hack'n'slashers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

THIS! I actually thougth there wasnt enough random spawn in area's and caves which made it sometimes boring (eeek) and harder to level, in Oblivion, I really hope they have more action for us hack'n'slashers!
    There should be some sort of respawning definitely, maybe after you do a couple of missions/dungeons they begin to respawn in a completed location. The longer you leave it to return the more enemies that respawn. That's the way that I think would make it interesting to revist locations

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

osh wrote: »
    Is there any news on minimum/recommended system requirements for this yet?

Specs are meant to be out next month

Noooo! I liked it when went into a cave and knew i had been there before because I wasted all their scaly asses and all the loot was gone

There should be some sort of respawning definitely, maybe after you do a couple of missions/dungeons they begin to respawn in a completed location. The longer you leave it to return the more enemies that respawn. That's the way that I think would make it interesting to revist locations
    Agreed, I'd also like to see the morality system that was in Fallout 3 to be implemented in Skyrim, that'd be nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Are they brining back skooma? I need my fix.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Noooo! I liked it when went into a cave and knew i had been there before because I wasted all their scaly asses and all the loot was gone

Same here I think respawning just ruins the game

Nevermind the crappy levelling in oblivion. Ruined the game even more so:p:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Got to play this for 20 minutes at Eurogamer Expo today - full HD, and Turtle Beach headset. Fantastic! Environments look great, HUD is nice, map is great, the sounds are amazing when you use a headset.

Negatives: Load times were relatively heavy for the Xbox build we played. Shouldn't take 10 seconds every time you enter/leave a building.

Some of the graphics are still a bit rubbish. Water is fantastic, but the characters themselves and any small details like that can still be a bit blocky, like Oblivion.

But, if you loved Oblivion, you'll love this. Not broken with bugs at the moment, but I did find a few small glitches. Bothing Fallout-esque, anyway :)

• Advertisement

Healium wrote: »
    Got to play this for 20 minutes at Eurogamer Expo today - full HD, and Turtle Beach headset. Fantastic! Environments look great, HUD is nice, map is great, the sounds are amazing when you use a headset.

Negatives: Load times were relatively heavy for the Xbox build we played. Shouldn't take 10 seconds every time you enter/leave a building.

Some of the graphics are still a bit rubbish. Water is fantastic, but the characters themselves and any small details like that can still be a bit blocky, like Oblivion.

But, if you loved Oblivion, you'll love this. Not broken with bugs at the moment, but I did find a few small glitches. Bothing Fallout-esque, anyway :)

I loved Oblivion, thank you for setting some of my wee fears aside!

Advertisement