Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

by blocky I assume you mean aliased?

That's a technical limitation of console hardware, which doesn't run anti-aliasing.

http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Articles/Graphics/anti_aliasing.shtml

AA is one of the more GPU intensive calculations - to dramatically save cost the consoles simply don't do it to the best of my knowledge. The PC version of Skyrim will likely not have the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Healium wrote: »
    Got to play this for 20 minutes at Eurogamer Expo today - full HD, and Turtle Beach headset. Fantastic! Environments look great, HUD is nice, map is great, the sounds are amazing when you use a headset.

Negatives: Load times were relatively heavy for the Xbox build we played. Shouldn't take 10 seconds every time you enter/leave a building.

Some of the graphics are still a bit rubbish. Water is fantastic, but the characters themselves and any small details like that can still be a bit blocky, like Oblivion.

But, if you loved Oblivion, you'll love this. Not broken with bugs at the moment, but I did find a few small glitches. Bothing Fallout-esque, anyway :)

this makes me a sad panda :(

It was one of the few things that broke the immersion for me in Oblivion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hopefully they can get that down a bit, and eliminate it almost completely on the pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Kiith wrote: »
    Hopefully they can get that down a bit, and eliminate it almost completely on the pc.
    Oblivion was never that bad on PC. 2-3 seconds for me, but then again I only played it a year or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I'm sure if you put it on an SSD, you'll hardly even notice the load times.

• Advertisement

yeah yeah PC PC PC, but what about us console folk? :(

Well AFAIK, you can still put an SSD into a console... if you can afford it.
    I'd say that they'll have to start getting SSDs into the consoles for the next generation with load times on the increase like this.

Monotype wrote: »
    Well AFAIK, you can still put an SSD into a console... if you can afford it.

*looks at unused SSD sitting beside me here*

any more info on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

quarryman wrote: »

any more info on that?

If it's 2.5" SATA then bang it into your PS3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got to play this for 20 minutes at Eurogamer Expo today - full HD, and Turtle Beach headset. Fantastic! Environments look great, HUD is nice, map is great, the sounds are amazing when you use a headset.

Negatives: Load times were relatively heavy for the Xbox build we played. Shouldn't take 10 seconds every time you enter/leave a building.

Some of the graphics are still a bit rubbish. Water is fantastic, but the characters themselves and any small details like that can still be a bit blocky, like Oblivion.

But, if you loved Oblivion, you'll love this. Not broken with bugs at the moment, but I did find a few small glitches. Bothing Fallout-esque, anyway :)

You lucky lucky lucky man :),did you encounter any draguns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Poor us! What about all the console ports us PC gamers have to suffer. :pac:

any more info on that?

I had a look around and it doesn't look straightforward for xbox, with few drives working and requiring formatting on a PC.
    PS3 on the other hand looks like you just put it in and you're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You get to live in our glorious shadow. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

humanji wrote: »
    You get to live in our glorious shadow. :P

I'd happier to live in your glorious bank account if I could afford a personalised comp!

Dont see the point in getting a desktop unless your gonna seriously kit it out and that just aint an option for a poor console player like me! :D

stay_on_topic_stay_on_topic_RE_The_off_topic_topic_post-s599x450-147644.jpg

Let's not go there again.

Skyrim will be brilliant. Discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

You lucky lucky lucky man :),did you encounter any draguns?
    NO! I was really, really hoping one would just appear out of nowhere, but we played from the beginning of the game, and I imagine they won't spawn until you defeat the first one (My quest was to find the first one)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

NO! I was really, really hoping one would just appear out of nowhere, but we played from the beginning of the game, and I imagine they won't spawn until you defeat the first one (My quest was to find the first one)

aw :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's been said that it's a promotion build,from June, and there's only one dragon in that build, and should be impossible to find in 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Would it be necessary to play the previous elder scrolls titles to understand whats going to be happening in this new installment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

tonydude wrote: »
    Would it be necessary to play the previous elder scrolls titles to understand whats going to be happening in this new installment?

Not at all... It is necessary that you play Morrowind though, because it's a brilliant game :)

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »
    It's been said that it's a promotion build,from June, and there's only one dragon in that build, and should be impossible to find in 20 minutes

Yeah, that's your first quest. There's been rumours of a dragon, the villagers laugh at you, so you have to find a king to help you. Eventually, you'll chase down and kill the dragon. I played that quest for my full 20 minutes, and got nowhere near to finding the dragon

Yeah, that's your first quest. There's been rumours of a dragon, the villagers laugh at you, so you have to find a king to help you. Eventually, you'll chase down and kill the dragon. I played that quest for my full 20 minutes, and got nowhere near to finding the dragon

Ya,I was reading on the Skyrim/Bethesda forums that there might have been traps put in on certain areas to prevent you exploring fully on the demo( like can't cross certain bridges/go through caves etc). So, it's probably impossible to complete most of the early quests

titan18 wrote: »
    Ya,I was reading on the Skyrim/Bethesda forums that there might have been traps put in on certain areas to prevent you exploring fully on the demo( like can't cross certain bridges/go through caves etc). So, it's probably impossible to complete most of the early quests

I think I had full access to the world, and it had Achievements and everything, but they reset the game after every 20 minute playthrough, so you could only get so far

I think I had full access to the world, and it had Achievements and everything, but they reset the game after every 20 minute playthrough, so you could only get so far

Oh,ya,I know that. Some are saying there are some overpowered enemies at certain points so that you can't get past them in the demo.Although, it might be the same in actual game

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

would like that, reminds me of final fantasy 1. damn impossible places!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Not at all... It is necessary that you play Morrowind though, because it's a brilliant game :)

sapped so many hours of my life.. hours collecting flowers and grinding up my character until he was a house jumping over monster!

Oblivion didn't do it for me at all... they dumbed a lot of the stuff that made morrowind so fascinating... with the trend of the market the way it is I'm praying skyrim wont be some xbox360 game with a PC port that sucks and dumbed down game mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I spent close enough to a decade game time in Morrowind because I was simply too idiotic to use the internet at the time. Those Neveraine (spelt right?) quests were dam near impossible for me as a kid but I got it in the end! I spent my whole game time basically trying to get strong enough to kick some sense into Alexia and her litte council of cronies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

You reckon they will fit it all on 1 disc for XBOX or wil lthey spread it across 2/3?

I wouldnt be surprised if it's 3 discs on the 360. Rage is 3 discs, and i'd think this would have more content, in voice dialogue alone. Nothing definite yet though afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

RichieC wrote: »
    sapped so many hours of my life.. hours collecting flowers and grinding up my character until he was a house jumping over monster!

Oblivion didn't do it for me at all... they dumbed a lot of the stuff that made morrowind so fascinating... with the trend of the market the way it is I'm praying skyrim wont be some xbox360 game with a PC port that sucks and dumbed down game mechanics.

That gaming trend is pushing me away from gaming as an entertainment medium and I really hope this game is not the same

Advertisement