Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Kiith wrote: »
    I wouldnt be surprised if it's 3 discs on the 360. Rage is 3 discs, and i'd think this would have more content, in voice dialogue alone. Nothing definite yet though afaik.

How Many Xbox 360 Discs Does Skyrim Fit On?

Bethesda actually said its only 1 disc a little while ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Kiith wrote: »
    I wouldnt be surprised if it's 3 discs on the 360. Rage is 3 discs, and i'd think this would have more content, in voice dialogue alone. Nothing definite yet though afaik.

I think Bethesda were talking about some great new compression techniques that they are employing in order to cut down on disc space required and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I think Bethesda were talking about some great new compression techniques that they are employing in order to cut down on disc space required and the likes.

Cue shítty loading times so... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

might be available for the wii *que uncontrollable sniggers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

If you install it to the hard drive won't it help somewhat? I'm not sure if it was a placebo for me with both fallout's but seem to help a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

roast wrote: »
    Cue shítty loading times so... :rolleyes:
    I warned you! They're not pretty

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Nodferatu wrote: »
    might be available for the wii *que uncontrollable sniggers
    Statler_Waldorf.jpg
    Dooooooohohohohoho!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

has anyone got the october issue of EDGE yet? skytim is the cover and its really good i don t normally buy EDGE but it has a few pages of a preview with plenty of nice pictures i haven't seen before.
    its worth buying the issue alone for it.

http://www.next-gen.biz/magazine/e233

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

If you're paying 5 for EDGE, just for pictures of Skyrim, you would be better off saving this and the next 2 issues, and get the DLC when it comes out :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

SIX
    WEEKS

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can't believe how close we are to getting this :-D They should be releasing pc specs shortly hopefully *twiddles thumbs*

SIX
    WEEKS
    *eye twitches* 6 weeks to become head of all of the guilds in Oblivion, complete most of the side quests, kill everyone in Hackdirt, slay Umaril the Unfeathered, experience the wonder and madness that are the Shivering Isles and lead the charge against MEHRUNES DAGON?!

Challenge-accepted+%25281%2529.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

You forgot "bore myself ****less by entering the oblivion gates and do the same quest over and over"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Jumpy wrote: »
    You forgot "bore myself ****less by entering the oblivion gates and do the same quest over and over"

Finish the main quest and get them all closed, that's what i did.

Really dumb aspect of the game, generic dungeon crawls that seemed to merely be a lazy effort to prolong the length of the game. I think i did 4 or 5 before giving up.

quarryman wrote: »
    Finish the main quest and get them all closed, that's what i did.

Really dumb aspect of the game, generic dungeon crawls that seemed to merely be a lazy effort to prolong the length of the game. I think i did 4 or 5 before giving up.
    oh well, I enjoyed blasting through the Oblivion gates, but sure aren't we all entitled to our opinions lads? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Is it november yet. how about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Jumpy wrote: »
    I'm slightly worried about that aspect in this game. One of the designers was saying that after a certain part of the story, the dragons appear and after that they pop up randomly every now and again. He said that they were trying to make it so it's not a constant thing happening to you. But I still can't help worrying that I'm going to end up seeing dragons the same way I see Oblivion gates.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

humanji wrote: »
    I'm slightly worried about that aspect in this game. One of the designers was saying that after a certain part of the story, the dragons appear and after that they pop up randomly every now and again. He said that they were trying to make it so it's not a constant thing happening to you. But I still can't help worrying that I'm going to end up seeing dragons the same way I see Oblivion gates.
    Ah, but the Oblivion gates didn't start appearing until you completed a certain Main Quest early on. So as long as you simply ignored that particular mission, you could wander around the entire world without those pesky gates interrupting your flower-picking. So I am hoping it'll be the same in Skyrim, where if you decide to ignore the main quest it'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

WTF??? NEED MOAR DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

yeah I think it'd be cool to have mainly scripted dragons, with a very rare few unscripted ones. by Azura, as long as the dragons don't end up being eventually a chore to fight I am content .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Can you tame a dragon and ride it?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Crosáidí wrote: »

Cesar Millan could

The dragon whisperer

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Pervert!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

bluewolf wrote: »

^ good film, on the topic of IMDb...

Skyrim hollywood voiceover cast...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

:((((

no
    claudia black?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Checkout the November issue of PC Gamer it has a brilliant article written by one of the writers about their time in game ( i thought what he got up to was class) but more importantly it has an interview with the games director.

Question asked by PCG: When your not doing the main quest, how common is it for you to run into a dragon.

Answer: You have to do a little bit of the main quest - just the intial stuff - for the dragons to start appearing because of the storyline. After that the more quests you do the more dragons you run into. went on to further comment that dragon run-ins shouldnt be to often to be annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Advertisement