Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

cant see an ssd being much faster than a normal hdd anyway?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

g2play put up the price from 30 to 35, anywhere cheaper?

amazon is around 32 but you would have to wait a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

loading generally is all about your hard drive (ssd or hdd) what gpu do you have?

Radeon HD 5670 overclockable

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

g2play put up the price from 30 to 35, anywhere cheaper?

amazon is around 32 but you would have to wait a few days.

Coolshop do it for about €31 but i don't know what their delivery is like

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i emailed them about skyrim, and they told me it would be shipped on the 10/11/11
    i asked if they thought that would get to Ireland in time, and they said yes
    so I closed the chat and resolved not to buy from them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

i emailed them about skyrim, and they told me it would be shipped on the 10/11/11
    i asked if they thought that would get to Ireland in time, and they said yes
    so I closed the chat and resolved not to buy from them

They're clearly using the new system of delivery for Skyrim, a real life dragon will drop it on your doorstep. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Radeon HD 5670 overclockable

dont know much about that card tbh but id say its only passable at best, if i where you id save up 100-200 and get a card like a 560 or a cheaper option would be to keep a look out for a gtx 460 (using this myself) everything else in that computer should be grand but a 5670 isnt a gaming gpu :( sorry if i pissed on your parade

yeah wouldnt be all that faster, would be a lot quieter though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

You'd be wrong about that.

quarryman wrote: »

for loading games? never had one but would they make a noticeable difference in loading times? anywho the guy in question would be much better off upgrading that 5670 to a gaming card instead of buying an ssd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

for loading games? never had one but would they make a noticeable difference in loading times? anywho the guy in question would be much better off upgrading that 5670 to a gaming card instead of buying an ssd

They definitely improve loading times. Thats the main point of an SSD, fast memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

dont know much about that card tbh but id say its only passable at best, if i where you id save up 100-200 and get a card like a 560 or a cheaper option would be to keep a look out for a gtx 460 (using this myself) everything else in that computer should be grand but a 5670 isnt a gaming gpu :( sorry if i pissed on your parade

I'm well aware it isn't a top end gaming card, i build this pc myself, it has served me well so far, i don't play on top settings anyhow, if i had the money i'd upgrade it with in a shot for a 6870 or better.
    Though the clock speed isn't too bad at 775MHz. Rage is the only current game so far were it is just slightly below the recommended specs that i've seen.

did anybody save those pc gamer scans from earlier? photobucket account used up all it's bandwidth :(

Skerries wrote: »
    Coolshop do it for about €31 but i don't know what their delivery is like
    Thanks, seems that would be same as amazon.

would like a cheaper site than g2play that just sells you a key, a key is all I want!
    quarryman wrote: »

I'm sure in theory it would be a faster loading time, I just don't see it in practice atm. Maybe when games are more demanding? hdd is certainly not the main bottleneck in anybodies system I would imagine.

Any game I play loads fairly instantly, as well as boots instantly, on a normal hard drive(as my other components are good). So what exactly would an ssd give me game wise? If it does give a gaming advantage, what have you noticed timewise?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

did anybody save those pc gamer scans from earlier? photobucket account used up all it's bandwidth :(
    Buy the magazine ya cheapskate! :P

that honestly never even occured to me as an option :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

There's still actual magazines about pcs and gaming :confused:

just wondering if anyone knows if all dragons in this game be mindless violent creatures? id like if they had a bit of depth to them as opposed to only being something to kill, it would be cool to be able to actually have conversations with some dragons and what not

just wondering if anyone knows if all dragons in this game be mindless violent creatures? id like if they had a bit of depth to them as opposed to only being something to kill, it would be cool to be able to actually have conversations with some dragons and what not

I'd reaally like this, or even special ones with their own story/lore etc

I'd reaally like this, or even special ones with their own story/lore etc

doing side quests for dragons would be epic :D even if this kind of stuff isnt in the game i can see it getting modded in pretty quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Sean Connery in to voice act one? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Wossack wrote: »
    Sean Connery in to voice act one? :)

did you steal that thought from my head?? :D

What was name of that movie.. dragon heart me thinks??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

hypermuse wrote: »
    did you steal that thought from my head?? :D

What was name of that movie.. dragon heart me thinks??

yeah it was dragon heart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

only 5 weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Todd whats-his-face did say in an interview (can't remember which as I've watched so many) that not all dragons would be aggressive/mindless, but didn't give away any more than that.

....5 weeks..... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

broke my wrist in a cycling accident recently!! was told it would be fixed in bout 5-6weeks..

heres hoping its only 5!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i hope you're ambiwankstrous

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KonFusion wrote: »
    Todd whats-his-face did say in an interview (can't remember which as I've watched so many) that not all dragons would be aggressive/mindless, but didn't give away any more than that.

....5 weeks..... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :pac:

where did you see that interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

just bought RAGE today, didn't know until the Bethesda logo popped up they made it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Nodferatu wrote: »
    just bought RAGE today, didn't know until the Bethesda logo popped up they made it.

They just published it. Id made it as far as I know

Advertisement